10

"Wait what." Carl stares at me. I bite my lip and smile at him.

"I said do you care for a little fashion show?" His eyes widen and he grabs my hand dragging me to a changing room. He pushes the door open and checks for anything that could harm me, he turns to me when he finds nothing and pulls me in shutting the door behind him.

"Carl." His eyes are glued to my body staring me up and down. I hear him mumble a small 'hmmm'. "Can you turn around please?" he groans and covers his eyes.

"Is this good enough?"

"Hm. Sure, but no peaking Mr. Grimes." He nods vigorously. I pull my shirt off and take my pants off, I look back up to his face and notice him peaking out between two fingers. "Carl, I said no looking." He quickly closes his fingers back together.

I pull out a blue dress it was knee length, and flows around so it's definitely not skin tight on me. I grab his hands and pull them down, he takes in the sight and bits his lip looking me up and down.

"You look beautiful. I love blue on you." I give him a kiss on his cheek and shyly thank him. I make him cover his eyes once more. I have two more dresses to try on. Next up was a dark purple one, the color was gorgeous but it was too long for my liking.

I pull his hands down once more and he smiles observing my body again. He places his hands on my hips and kisses my forehead.

"Gorgeous once again." He says before pulling away.

"This looks like a prom dress. It's pretty but way too long. I have one more dress to try on and then you have to choose for me okay?" He nods and covers his eyes again. I pick up a beautiful dark red dress, I slip it over my head and pull it down.

The color went perfectly with my skin tone. It squeezes me in the all right places, I look down at the pudge of my stomach sticking out and smile. It's perfect it shows all of my curves in the best way.

"Can I look now." Carl says impatiently. I walk over to him and pull his hands down before stepping away and letting him look me up and down. His mouth falls open as he stares at me in shock. He grabs my hand and lifts it above my head, "Twirl for me." I give him a little spin he pulls me into him once I face him again and kisses me softly.

"My beautiful princess. This is the one, it fits you so well baby." He runs his hands up and down my side and few times before pushing me away once more to look at me. He kisses my forehead and then my cheek.

"I'm really glad you like this one, it was my favorite as well. It fits me perfectly." I smile, I motion for him to cover his eyes again and slip the dress off and put my old clothes on. I grab his hands back down and tiptoe up and kiss the tip of his nose.

"Let's head back." He nods his head before giving me a quick kiss and helping me put the folded dress into my backpack. We grab each others hand and walk out making our way to the front door.

We stop in our tracks when we hear groaning coming from outside. We lean up against the wall and I lean over to peak out of the glass doors. I widen my eyes in horror as a huge hoard of walkers make their way out from the woods.

"Shit." I grab my gun and look at Carl.

"How many?" I sigh and look back out a few more have scrambled in from the woods.

"Maybe two dozen or more. They just keep coming, so either we lay low in here or fight our way through."

"The smart thing to do is lay low for right now and if they start coming this way we make a break for it." I nod my head and slide my back down against the wall, Carl does the same. He grabs my hand and interlaces our fingers once more, I lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes.

Suddenly I hear something clatter in the back of the store, I jump and grab my gun. Carl stands up behind me holding his knife in his hand. We make our way towards the back and notice someone climbing in through a window. I hold my gun up at their head.

"Stop right there. Turn around slowly so we can see your face." The person raises their hands and slowly turns around, I sigh and lower my gun.

"Enid what the hell?" I grumble. "You scared the shit out of us."

"Sorry, I saw Carl leave and thought he left by himself so I came to look for him. I didn't know you were with him." I scoff, and holster my gun.

"Why do you care what my boyfriend is doing?" I cross my arms. She looks at Carl then me.

"Oh boyfriend? Carl told me last night you guys were just really close friends. Didn't know you two were dating, actually I never saw it coming."

"And why is that." I take a step forward but Carls hand pulls me back to him. She smiles and just shrugs her shoulder.

"Well Carl and I was flirting around and stuff and we sort of kissed." Wow what a punch in the stomach. I feel Carls hand let me go.

"Shit." He mumbles under his breath. I turn around as tears well up in my eyes. He looks at me and reaches out to touch me but I back away. "Sarah, it wasn't like that she came on to-" I stop him.

"It doesn't matter you were flirting with her."

"You were flirting with Ron!" he argues back. I scoff.

"No. Ron and I played videos games then I left that was all that happened. Because unlike you I don't hop on everything living person." I grab out my knife and push myself past Enid. I pull myself up to the window she had just climbed in and jump out.

Luckily there were no walkers in the back way. I hear Carl shouting my name. I ignore him and make my way to the side of the store and begin to sneak around until I meet up with the dirt road that brought us here.

I hear footsteps behind me and take off running, I push my legs harder and harder until I see the gates in the distance.

"Sarah wait!" I hear Carl frantically screaming behind me. I block his voice out and push my way forward. I yell for someone to open the gates, I look behind me and notice Carl closing in. Finally someone opens them and I squeeze through.

I have no idea where I'm running to but it has to be away from him. I run towards the house we are staying at and run in going towards the bathroom. I shut the door and lock it, suddenly there's a banging on the door.

"Sarah let me in now."