16

"Are you crazy? There's walkers surrounding us right now Carl." He smiles before peaking out, his long brown hair was coated in sweat. He had his cowboy hat in his hand beside of him.

"If we quietly jog and only kill the ones that are close to us we can get out easily. Plus it will let us feel alive again. We haven't killed any walkers in days, we have just ran from them." He grabs my hand as he slowly steps out of the tree pulling me behind him.

I grab his hat and place it on my head smiling up at him. We start jogging beside each other, knives in hand. I notice a few walkers turn and noticing us, one came up to me and I grab it stabbing it skull. Carl doing the same opposite of me.

More begin to notice us as the bodies hit the ground with a thump. "Carl they are noticing." I whisper in a panic.

"Just trust me." He grabs my hand once more and starts to run, we run until our legs finally give out. I peer behind us and notice we actually lost them.

"You are really smart for a guy." I joke

"Ouch." He grabs his chest dramatically while laughing. He at his hat on my head and smirks a bit, I raise an eyebrow curiously.

"What? Do you want your hat back?" He bites his lip and shakes his head.

"Save a horse, ride a cowboy." He winks I roll my eyes and shake my head. "Also the cowboy hat rule." I raise my eyebrow.

"Cowboy hat rule? What the fuck is that?" He smirks once more and leans down to eye level.

"Wear the cowboys hat you have to ride the cowboy." His voice was filled with lust. I bite my lip and close my legs tightly together. I take the hat off my head and put it on top of his.

"Nice try Carl. You aren't getting me that easy." He laughs before leaning back up and towering over me.

"I already had my fingers in you, won't take long till my dick is in you." I cover my face blushing.

"Shut up." He kisses the top of my head chuckling to himself before grabbing my hand and pulling me back with him.

"Let's get back home." I smile at the word 'home'.

"Home." I smile, the word taste so sweet on my tongue as it comes out. I walk beside him as we hold hands. "Oh, Carl? I have a question." He nods looking at me.

"Ask."

"Okay so when I fell asleep on your lap, the day.. Noah.. You know. Anyway, before I fell asleep I heard you mumble something. I didn't catch what it was, can you tell me now?" He blushes quickly and turns his head.

"Oh um.. I don't remember. Probably wasn't important." He talks faster than before. There is a change in his posture, and he is.. sweating? He's lying.

"Why lie to me?" He widens his eyes and looks down.

"I'm sorry Sarah but I can't repeat what I said. Not right now. Maybe later?" I sigh and frown before nodding.

"Yeah that's ok. I don't want to force you to say something you don't want to." He sighs and shakes his head.

"It's not that I don't want to, it's just I don't want you to hear it yet. It might be too soon." I squeeze his hand tight reassuring him it's okay.

I look up and notice we made it back to the gates of Alexandria. Our home. I let go of his hand and let them know it was us before we walk back in.

"Hey I'm going to go see what Michonne wants she wanted to talk to me early." I nod my head, he leans down and kisses my forehead before taking off.

I wander around, waving at the passing people. I notice Ron in the distance, I smile and make my way towards him.

"Hey Ron." I smile at him, he shifts uncomfortably. Weird.

"Oh um. Hey Sarah. Why are you here?"

"I just wanted to say hello." I give him a confused look. He looks around as if he is scared someone is watching his every move.

"Does Carl know you're here?" I shake my head and he bites his lip in deep thought.

"I don't think you should be around me. Carl won't like that." I laugh and roll my eyes at his remark.

"Carl's not my dad, I can do what I want." Ron looks over a Mikey then sighs.

"Listen, Carl told me if he caught me around you he would hurt me. And as much as I would like to be friends, I would like to keep my head attached to my body." I frown and watch as the two boys walk off.

I turn around and walk the other way. I notice Carl and Michonne together on the porch, she pats his shoulder and walks away. She notices me and waves while giving me a warm smile.

I make my way onto the porch and sit across from Carl. I fiddle with my fingers a bit the silence between us was almost deafening.

"Um. Why did you tell Ron to stay away from me?" Carl perks up and stares at me.

"He has a crush on you and I rather not have a guy touching on my girlfriend." I ponder.

"Well technically we're not dating you never asked me out. Plus, if Ron was to do anything I would stomp his ass myself."

"I didn't realize I had to ask you to date me, I thought we already were. Also, I know you can hold your own ground but men are something else." He looks down at his feet.

"You have to ask me you can't just assume." I sigh. "And go apologize to Ron, and tell him you're not going to kill him or anything of the sort." Carl scoffs, then looks up at my serious face before sighing.

"Okay fine. But, only if you will be my girlfriend." He stands up and walks over to me. I smile and stand up to face him.

"I thought you would never ask." I kiss his cheek, "Yes, I'll be you're girlfriend." He places his hand on my cheek and gives me a long kiss before pulling away.

"I'll go apologize to him now."

"Don't kill him." He makes his way down the stairs laughing.

"No promises."