69

I nod my head before grabbing his hand and following him. "What are you having to do?" I ask as I place my other hand on top of his hat on my head holding it firmly so it wouldn't fly off.

"I have watch duty. Nobody was up there, everyone was freaking out so I went ahead and volunteered." I couldn't see his face from my position, but I knew he was wearing a small smile on his freckled face.

"You realize how freaked out they are going to be when they notice I'm not on the porch anymore right?" He laughs, and for the first time I felt weight being lifted off my shoulders. I smile widely as we continue to run down the dirt path the same way we have many times before.

"They'll be okay." We arrive back at the guard tower, he lets go of my hand and steps aside letting me go first. I smile and slowly start my climb upwards, I place my hands on the inside and pull myself inwards before I stand up to my feet and turn to watch him climb in.

He stands up and straightens out his clothes before he looks over at me still smiling. He takes a few steps forward and shoves his hand in his pocket before looking out the window. "It's getting cold huh?" He asks as I tear my eyes away from his face to stare outside as well. I nod my head and sigh before I feel his hand on the side of my face. "I've missed you."

He leans in closely brushing his lips slightly against mine. I smile before he presses his lips firmly against mine, wrapping his hands tightly around my waist making sure I couldn't slip away. I tangle my fingers up into his hair as I tiptoe up trying to get all of him I could manage.

I finally pull myself away from him trying to catch my breath as I heave heavily before pressing my forehead against his. "I've missed you too. I'm so sorry I left." I whisper my voice slightly cracking at the end of my sentence.

He places his slender finger over my lips to shush me before he kisses my forehead. "It's okay. You were trying to protect us, I understand. I would've done the same." I close my eyes as a few tears begin to fall down onto my rose tinted cheeks. "Hey stop that. Look at me." I slowly open my eyes and look up at him. "I love you."

I smile and use my sleeve to wipe the remainder of my tears off before I kiss his lips softly and mumbling against them, "I love you." before pulling away and staring up at him. He motions over to two old beanbag chairs in the corner, before I can get over there he sits down and pats his lap.

I giggle and shake my head before he leans his arms up and grabs my hips forcing me to sit on him. "Turn around and face me." He demands. I comply and turn my body slowly not wanting to crush his small figure. "I'm not glass babe." He says as if he had read my mind.

I sigh heavily before wrapping my arms around his neck and staring at him, his hands still rest on my hips and his thumbs move up and down moving my shirt along with them. The cold air hitting my exposed skin where he had lifted my shirt up slightly making me shiver.

"I miss them." I say before turning my head away and looking at the wall, he gently grabs my cheek and forces me to face him, a slight frown playing on his lips instead of his normal smile.

"That's okay. Grieve as much as you need to. Glenn and Abraham were good people. Negan is a dickhead for doing what he did." He replies before he slightly widens his eyes and speaks again, "Shit, sorry for calling your dad a-" I quickly cut him off as I begin to laugh.

"No, don't apologize. You're right. He is a dickhead." I say before leaning my head down onto his shoulder. "He's planning a fucking war Carl. He wasn't going to let you guys live, and he wasn't going to tell me. I feel like I messed up by coming here. What if I made things worse?"

"Don't talk nonsense. Things are already terrible, they can't get worse. You coming back here was one of the best things this group has been able to experience in these past few days." He runs his fingers through my hair, I listen to his heartbeat slightly pick up. "Maggie. She's worried sick about you. She lost her husband and she thinks she lost her first child as well. Have you talked to her?" He questions.

"No. Rick wouldn't let me out. Michonne is the only reason I was even outside when you found me. Nobody has even took me to see Maggie yet. I want to check up on her, let her know I'm here for her." I whisper into the crook of his neck.

I watch as goosebumps erect themselves on his skin and travel downwards until the disappear underneath his grey shirt. He grabs my arms and pulls me back until we are face to face once more.

"I can take you there. We can sneak around like we used to. Dad never caught us then he can't catch us now." I smile and nod my head before standing up off his lap and grabbing his hand pulling him up beside me. He grabs his hat off my head and places it back onto his. "I'm taking this back now. My head feels naked without it." He says before giving my forehead a small kiss.

I smile before turning around and making my way down the small ladder we had created. I climb slowly until I feel the ground beneath them. I look up and notice Carl standing there waving at me, suddenly the sky turns dark, which was odd considering it was just super sunny out.

The wind begins to pick up speed as well, I ignore it as I watch Carl begin to step out of the lookout. The wind was blowing harder now like as if a tornado was near. I notice Carl stumbling a little and I felt panic erupt through my entire body. "Carl be careful!" I scream but my voice came out as a whisper.

I watch as Carl looses his footing and plummets down off the tall lookout. I widen my eyes in horror as he hits the ground with a hard thud. "Carl!" I yell running towards him, I flip him over onto his back his face was a bloody mess. "Someone help!" Nobody came.

"Sarah." He whispers. I lean down closer as he whispers in my ear. "Wake up. Wake up!" He begins to scream. "Wake up!" I jolt myself awake and see Amber standing there with wide eyes. Once she notices me awake she sighs with relief. I look around we we're still in the small cabin.

"I thought you died on me there. You're a hard person to wake up."