37

With a small smile on my face, I follow Carl downstairs and out the door. It was pretty quiet today in Alexandria, nobody was really outside not that I could see of. A slight breeze flew through, lifting my hair from my shoulders, and stirring some dirt up from the ground and carrying it away.

The only sounds are the walkers scratching the walls in the distance, and a few birds chirping in the woods. The breeze dies down after a few seconds allowing my hair to fall back into its normal state. I take a deep breath of fresh air as I walk besides Carl to the guard tower.

"Did they say how long they would be gone?" I break the silence as I stare straight ahead of me, Carl's hand reaching down gathering mine. He shakes his head as his eyes focus on the path before us.

"No, but it shouldn't take forever. They'll be okay." He says as he squeezes my hand reassuringly. Once we reach the guard tower I hoist myself up and climb my way in, Carl behind me with one hand on my ass as if I was going to fall.

We both crawl our way in and stand to our feet while we stare out the small opening in the wall. "You know you don't have to always place your hand on me when we come up here. I'm not going to fall." I say turning my head to face him. I watch the corner of his lips tug into a sly smirk as he looks over at me.

"Who said it was to keep you from falling?" He says a hint of playfulness dripping from his voice. I laugh softly before shaking my head and looking back out the window. I watch as more walkers emerge from the woods and take their place next to the walkers at the walls.

Sometimes I can't help but to think what these people were before this. Doctors, clerks, construction workers, whatever they were it doesn't matter now. They probably worked theirselves to death, figuratively and literally.

"What are you thinking about?" Carl's gruff voices draws me from my own thoughts, I face him again watching as the sun brings out his freckles on his face. I smile softly placing my hand against his puffy cheek, my thumb gently tracing from freckle to freckle.

"I was just zoned out." I reassure him before leaning in and giving him a small kiss, I pull away and hear a small whine. I look over and notice a small pout on his face, I try my best to hold in my laugh as I give him one more kiss, this one a little longer than the other. Once again I pull away only to hear him whine once more.

"I want more." He pleads as he grabs the back of my neck forcing my head back towards his as his lips hungrily attach themselves to mine, his hand slowly sneaking around my waist to bring our bodies closer. I place my hands gently on his chest holding myself away just a little, his nails clawing at my side as if he's afraid I was going to slip away.

I pull away to catch my breath, heaving heavily as I place my forehead against his. I stay silent as does he for a few moments, nothing but our staggering breathes filling the atmosphere around us. His hand finds its way under my chin as he brings my head back up. His lips making their way back to mine in a way that I know so well.

"I told you more." He mumbles against my lips incoherently, his lips slightly away from my allowing the words to have a little room to escape before he closer the small gap once more.

My head already spinning from so much adrenaline pumping through my veins, I've never had someone drive me this crazy. My arms find their home laced around his neck as our bodies connect like a puzzle.

A small car horn in the distance brings us back to reality. I look out aiming my gun only to realize it was Rick. "They are already back?" I question as I make my way down the ladder running over to open the gates, the RV rolls back through the gates as Carl helps me shut them back.

Rick makes his way out of the RV the other following behind them. He looks at us and nods his head as the others go their separate ways. "We need more time to prepare. I made us turn around. I don't know much about Negan yet and I don't want to walk into an open battlefield." His voice barely above as whisper, he walks away leaving us with just that information.

"Well.. that's that I guess." I say squinting my eyes in the sunlight as I watch Rick walk away from us. Carl nods his head in agreement before looking down at me his hat tipping down slightly.

"Wish he would've came at a later time, ruined our moment." He groans slightly as his arm reaches around my waist as it usually does, I smile and flick his hat upwards with my fingers.

"Next time cowboy." I joke as I pull away from him, his hands still not wanting to let me go as the cling to my shirt. "I'm going to go see what Daryl is up to. I'll be back to the guard tower shortly." He sighs and lets me go sadly making his way back to the guard tower as I walk over to Daryl who seems to be talking to Denise.

I jog over to them, immediately being greeted with a smile from Denise and a small grunt from Daryl. "Hey, I was wondering if you guys were going on a run or anything." I say leaning back and forth on my heels. Daryl's arms crossed over his chest, they looked like he hasn't washed them in months. Which he probably hasn't.

"Yeah." Daryl says dryly as Rosita makes her way over to the small group. "What do ya want? Spit it out we needa go." He says in the same dry tone as before. I smile slightly trying to keep my laughter down at his remarks.

"If you find any comics can you bring them back? Carl hasn't shut up about them, doesn't matter what their about just please help a girl out." I beg as I stare at the three. They all nod their heads only Denise smiling towards me, Daryl turns and starts to walk towards the gates, Rosita following behind.

"Hey be careful out there, don't get hit by a stray arrow from Dixon." I joke with Denise as she grabs her bag from the ground. She laughs before slinging her bag onto her shoulder.

"It'll take more than a stray arrow from Daryl to kill me." She says before she jogs off to catch up with the two others.