73

"What?" I ask standing up, "Are you fucking serious?" He just stands there staring me down, not even replying to me. I scoff and walk closer to him, "You are joking right? I'm doing this for us!" He shakes his head.

"No you're doing this for you." He says as he grabs my shoulders, "Can you please just listen to me for once? You misunderstood what I said. I meant that your dad would probably take you again, so there's no point in even trying to come back if you go. I just want to protect you."

"And I want to protect you Carl. You're always saving my ass, let me do something in return." I say grabbing his hands looking up at him. He uses his thumbs to gently graze over the top of my hand.

"Listen I'm not arguing with you okay? But, when I protect you it's just against walkers, or like a small group who attacked us. Not against a whole army. Just stay here. I'll go." He says letting go of my hand to touch my cheek.

"They don't want you. They want me, so we can come up with a plan. Our whole group can use me as bait and attack them from behind. I'll put on an act." I try to sound as convincing as possible but nothing seemed to be working with him.

"No. I'm not serving you on a silver platter Sarah. If they want you they'll have to kill me to get to you." He replies before he takes his hands back to himself and walks to the bed grabbing his hat. "I'll talk to dad and get something figured so your life isn't put in danger."

I quickly grab his hand. "Carl please. Just let me go. I'll stay right with you I promise." I watch as his eyes light up a little, I might have gotten through to him. He looks down at me with a stern face, before leaning down closely.

"Promise you'll stay behind me the entire time. You won't do anything stupid enough to get yourself killed." He says staring into my eyes as if he could read my mind. I quickly nod my head, "Use your words."

"Yes." I say, I felt like I was being scolded by a parent. He smiles and grabs behind my neck and kisses my forehead softly, he pulls away and looks down at me with a satisfied look on his face.

"Thank you princess." He says before placing his hat on his head and sitting back on the bed. He sits down and pats his lap once more, I make my way over and straddle him once more. He moves a few strands of hair out of my face and places them behind my ear.

"We aren't fighting tomorrow. I know that much. We are splitting into two groups, one goes to some place called The Kingdom and then the others are going to Hilltop." I say as I place my hands on his cheeks and gently squish them together.

"Well, I'll come with you. I don't think we should go with the Hilltop group. They know that path too well. We will go to The Kingdom." He says as he grabs my wrists and pulls my hand down from his face.

I nod my head in agreement, there was no use in arguing with him at this point. He's stubborn. "Okay. I'll talk to Rick about it." I say before kissing his lips softly then pulling away.

"One more." He whispers as he grabs my chin and pulls my lips back towards his for yet another passionate kiss. He holds my chin securely and continues to kiss me until I pull away once more.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" I ask as I stand back up off him. He nods his head as he stands up beside be and grips my hand in his. I open the door of the bedroom and drag him behind me down the stairs.

"Are you sure you want to leave your friend by herself?" He asks once we make it outside, I look back at him and tilt my head slightly to the side.

"She's asleep, she probably won't wake up for awhile anyway so it doesn't really matter." I say as we start our way downwards from the house, after walking around aimlessly Carl finally pulls me to the side.

"I figured you'd want to see them." He whispers as we stand in front of Glenn and Abe's graves. I smile softly and just nod my head before letting go of his hand and sitting in front of them. He stands behind me before leaning down and kissing my head, "I'll let you be. If you need me I'll be down by the gates." He whispers before walking away.

I wait until he's out of sight before I lay down between the graves. I stare up at the sky, and try to imagine them both sitting beside me and laughing while telling stupid jokes.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you guys." I whisper as I felt a tear go down the side of my face and soak into my hair. "My dad's a shitty person." I say with a breathy laugh. I use my fingers to trace small shapes into the dirt as I take deep breaths.

"I'm so conflicted right now. I don't know what to do. Dad is planning a war, he wants to kill everyone here. Rick wants to kill him. I hate him for what he done to you guys, but he's still my dad." I pause as I close my eyes, "I wish you guys were here to tell me what to do. But, my father took that opportunity away from you."

I stay silent for the next few moments as I think to myself, "Is it bad that I still love him?" I turn my head towards Glenn's grave, "Even though he tore our family apart. It feels so wrong. I want to get revenge for you, but you were never one who wanted revenge. Just peace." I whisper before turning my head towards Abe's.

"You would probably tell me to kick him in the nuts or some shit." I say laughing to myself, "He was afraid of you, I could tell." I sigh and I look back up and then force myself to stop laying down. I stand up and dust my pants off before looking at the graves once more.

I smile and turn around starting to walk off before stopping in my tracks and running back to Glenn's grave. I reach into my pocket where I held his necklace, and place it on the cross.

"Here. Almost forgot this."