83

"He went and what!" I yell standing up from my seat. My heart was basically in the bottom of my feet now, my body turns cold as fear overtakes it. The only thing I could hear was my heartbeat, I try to make out what Eugene was saying but I couldn't.

I shake my head and push past him to which he didn't try to stop as I exit the armory. I speed walk towards the gates to where Rosita and Sasha was standing on separate sides facing me. I watch as the both take a breath and make their way towards me.

"Let me out." I say once I reach them, they both shake their head and point behind me. "Let. Me. Out." I order once more as I try to push past them. But unluckily for me they didn't give in like Eugene. 

"You're not getting yourself killed." Sasha says as she grabs my arm and makes me face her. "Abe and Glenn didn't die just for you to end up in the grave next to them. Don't play stupid." She says.

"Or kidnapped." Rosita mumbles after Sasha's first sentence as she crosses her arms and stares me up and down. I shake my head and pull my arm away as I look at the gates.

"How long has he been gone?" I ask. "It couldn't of been too long I was with Judith for about two minutes before I went looking for him." I say then stare back at the two of them.

Sasha shrugs her shoulders as she looks over at Rosita then back at me. "Maybe ten minutes? You were in there with Eugene for awhile." She's says as she finally lets go of my arm. I rub the spot and nod my head and let out a sigh. 

"So he can't be too far gone I can catch up to him." I say, but Sasha and Rosita both shake their heads as they each grab an arm and turn me around facing the houses and giving me a tiny shove.

"Go home. He will be back, have some faith for once." Rosita spits out, which I know she didn't mean to sound grumpy but after all she's been through I don't blame her. I gulp slightly and turn back to face them.

"Can I stay on watch with you guys? It'll give me something to do. Besides, you both will be able to keep an eye on me then." I bribe, Sasha nods her head and turns her back walking away to which I follow directly behind.

"So the whole Eugene thing. Do you trust him?" Sasha asks. Rosita laughs and shakes her head as she leans against the gate propping her right arm up on it as she faces us both.

"Yeah the man who lied about knowing the cure. Do you trust him?" She asks sarcastically. I nod my head as I sit on the ground placing my back against the gate.

"That was forever ago. I trust him now. Even though he's a big crybaby. I still trust him, he is smart." I say. "Plus, this is really our only chance to get ourselves out this hell." I whisper as I grab a stick and start to draw stuff in the dirt. It stays quiet for a few moments until Sasha slides down next to me.

"Sorry you're going through this." She says shaking her head. "I wish I could say more but I have no idea what to say to you." She whispers as she stares ahead, "Just don't blame yourself for what has happened or what will happen." She says.

I smile and start to speak up but a horn blares making us three jump up and open through a small part of the gate. "Hey ho! Let me in girlies I have a little present for ya!" Dad says as he jumps out of the truck and marches his way towards the gates.

Rosita huffs and slings the gate open while crossing your arm. "You already took our shit. We have none left, what more could you want?" She asks. He chuckles and pats her on the head.

"Sassy! I like it." He looks over at Sasha and I before smiling. "Buttt, I'm not here for your stuff. I'm here to bring you back yours!" He says making our jaws slightly drop open in disbelief.

"You're giving us our stuff back?" Sasha asks taking a step forwards. "I.. I don't know what to say but-" He cuts her off with a loud laugh as he leans over a little before wiping his forehead off as if he was sweating.

"Gosh you people have jokes!" He says with a bright smile. "No. I'm here to deliver one of your people back." I gulp, was he really going to bring Daryl back already? This is a joke it has to be. "But, first. I think I need a little... something in return for being such a kind citizen and bringing your little friend back."

"Dad there's nothing left here. You can't take something we don't have." I say crossing my arms across my chest as I stare him down. He smiles as he walks towards me wrapping his arm around my shoulder giving me a little shake.

"Come on cheer up. It's a wonderful day your friends are alive.. Well some of them at least." He puts his hand up to his mouth and whispers, "My bad." He chuckles and stands back up straight and whistle. "Bring him out!"

I stand straight waiting for Daryl to appear from behind the truck but once I see a familiar cowboy hat my stomach drops. "Carl?" I ask as I step closer. He fights against the two men holding him tightly as the bring him past the gates and shove him to the ground.

"Your little boyfriend here snuck into one of my trucks then machine gunned down a bunch of my men. Which I do not appreciate." He says seriously before gaining back his smile. "But, here he is. I brought him back harm free." He says walking to Carl and leaning down to pat his back.

"Carl." I whisper making my way to him. Dad holds out his bat stopping me from moving any further. "Dad please." I say staring at him, "Just give him back we will give you anything. I will give you anything." I say my eyes still attached to Carl.

"Oh I know. I'm going to give him back. In one tiny little condition." He says walking back over to me. "Your boyfriend can stay here." He says as he smiles down at me making my stomach turn inside out.

"But?" I ask. I was ready to do anything, give him my food supply, water supply, even my knives and/or guns anything for Carl. "I'll give you whatever you want I promise." He chuckles and nods his head.

"I'm glad you said that. Because the only way Mr. Big Balls is getting to stay is if you come back with me."