28

I smack his arm in disbelief. "Carl Grimes, shut up!" I say as a blush forms across my cheeks, of course he said that. Dirty minded boy. He chuckles at my reaction before wrapping his arm around my waist.

I take a deep breath and sigh before looking up at him. "We should go check on Spencer, help him bury Deanna." I watch Carl's blue eye look back down at me as he nods his head, his grip around my waist even tighter as he begins to lead me in the direction where we left Spencer beforehand.

"We can always check the walls afterwards." He whispers as we continue walking. Spencer's frail body comes into view, he hasn't moved from his spot once and I can see Deanna's small frame peaking out.

I remove myself from Carl's grasp as I make my way over to Spencer, once I reach him I fall onto my knees beside of him placing my small hand onto his broad shoulder. He looks over at me, his eyes red and puffy as he gives me a half smile.

"Do you want to go ahead and bury her?" I whisper to him, he looks back down at Deanna before nodding his head slowly and starting to stand up. "Hey.. easy easy." I wrap my arm around his own and gently help him up as he still has Deanna in his arms.

Carl comes up to us and helps Spencer carry Deanna as we make our way over, to our mini graveyard where we have buried multiple people before. Spencer gently lays her down on the ground as he takes a shovel from my hand and begins to dig, Carl grabs the other shovel from my hand.

"I'll do it. You just rest okay? We have this under control."

(Small time skip)

I watch as they both lower Deanna's body into the ground, they place a white cloth over her before they pile the dirt back onto her. With each scoop I watch as she slowly disappears beneath the ground. Spencer had finally stopped crying, he just stares blankly as he tosses the dirt gently down into the hole he had just dug.

He places the shovel down and let's Carl lay the last patch down, Carl gently pats the ground before laying his shovel down as well and giving a small smile to Spencer.

"Thank you both." Spencer voice was scratchy, as he smiles softly at us both before sitting next to his moms freshly dug grave. I walk over to him and lean down enough to give him a hug before I grab Carl's hand walk away.

"Let's just go relax. Go for a walk okay?" Carl whispers in my ear, but I was completely okay. Deanna accepted her death and I should too, she was happy to live as long as she got to. So, now she lives with no fear, she's at peace.

"It's okay. I mean we can still go for a walk. But don't act like I'm depressed or anything. I'm fine." I smile up at his freckled face as he smiles back down at me. He grips my hand tightly before pulling me along behind him.

"I'm glad you're happy and content now. We can still take your mind off everything that has happened. Let's just stroll around and talk okay?" I nod my head before looking ahead of me away from his face.

I feel the cool breeze blow through my hair, a few strands finding their home on my face but not for long before Carl uses his fingers to pull the strands back away from my face. I giggle while looking up at him as his fingers move down my neck and tickle me as they do.

"I don't want anything to cover up your pretty face." I bite my lip and look away from him, his hand slowly let's go of mine and his arm wraps around my waist.

"You are such a flirt today." I say looking around us and waving at the neighbors we pass by. I feel as he shrugs his shoulders, before letting out a deep breath. His hand slides from my waist down to my hip as he plays with the loop of my jeans.

"I can't help it. You just look so good today." He smirks down at me, before leaning down and kissing my lips. I smile before slowly pulling away and placing my hands on his face giving him one more small kiss on his lips.

"So I don't look good everyday?" I tease. He rolls his eyes and stands back up straight.

"Oh shut up, you look good everyday. I guess I'm just really horny today." He shrugs his shoulders. How could he mention that without being embarrassed? I feel as the heat rushes into my face, and my panties become wet. I try to fight off the dirty thoughts in my head, trying to focus on our little innocent walk.

"You're always very bold today." I giggle and look away from him, his hand moves from my hip and he places it in the back pocket of my jeans not moving it once. Carl Grimes you are not helping my dirty thoughts right now.

"How am I being so bold today? I've been pretty normal." He jokes as he waits for my explanation.

"Oh don't play stupid Grimes. You know exactly what I mean by bold. Do you not remember what you said today?" I ask as I look at the guard tower in the distance. I watch him shake his head slowly as his lips twitch upward into a small smirk. "Oh, so you're going to play innocent huh?"

He chuckles and looks away from me. "I have no idea what you mean. I haven't done a single thing today." He lies straight through his teeth, I scoff jokingly as I drag his face back to meet mine, I let my hand fall from his face once I have his full attention once more.

"You literally talked about putting a baby in me Carl. Are you insane?"