27

I widen my eyes and let out a small gasp, turning everyone's attention from Abe to me. I take a breath before shaking my head, but clearly I needed to
give an explanation to them all about my sudden behavior.

"Sorry guys, that's my dads name. But, I can reassure you it's not him. My dad is probably dead, he left when the apocalypse started I know he can't survive on his own." I say feeling my nervousness melt away, the group exchanges looks before Rick speaks up.

"We need to find out more about him. We were just under attack by another group awhile back, maybe it was some of his crew." I shake my head moving away from Carl's embrace.

"No from what I've heard from Abe, Negan's men go by his name. They all claim to be Negan. These guys had W's on their heads. They were the Wolves. Plus for all we know maybe Daryl killed the real Negan when he blew up the bikers." I say folding my arms.

Rick nods his head then releases a deep sigh, "Well we don't know for sure so we need to add more people to watch-out towers. Two people a shift." Rick says placing his hands gently on his hips. Carl raises his hand up to volunteer himself.

"Sarah and I can do it of a nighttime, we're both a good shot and can take turns sleeping." Rick nods then looks at me for approval, and slowly nod my head before looking back at Carl.

"Hey Daryl. Come with me we need to go on a run." Rick says before walking over to Carl, he places his hand on his shoulder staring him in the eyes. "Protect this place." Carl smiles halfway and nods before watching his dad walk away and through the gates with Daryl.

"Let's get to work, we need to patrol around the walls and see if there's anything that's broken enough for something to get in." Carl says grabbing my hand and dragging me away from everyone, I giggle and follow behind him before I see Maggie motioning me to her side. I let go of Carl and hold up my finger while I run to her and Glenn.

"Hey guys." I say while hugging Maggie, then pulling away and doing a handshake with Glenn, we made one up a few months ago on the road and since then it's like our little thing. I'm glad to have him, and I'm glad to have Maggie as well.

"We have some news." Maggie says smiling over at Glenn, he smiles back at her before looking at me and pulling me close to his side. "We wanted to tell you first. Since you're basically our child.." I nod my head while smiling. "We just figured you'd like to know you have a little sibling on the way." I widen my eyes.

"Holy shit are you pregnant?" I whisper, I watch as Glenn places his hand on her belly while nodding. I quickly grab them both into a group up and jump up and down giggling. "I'm going to be a big sister. I'm so happy for you guys." I pull away from them, all of our smiles beaming brighter than the sun.

"I'm gonna be one hell of a father." Glenn says while fist bumping me. I giggle and nod my head while smiling up at him, I turn my attention to Maggie ask if I could place my hand on her stomach, she smiles and approves. I place my hand just on her lower stomach and smile, she's growing a beautiful life in there.

"I'm so happy for you guys. This child is gonna have bad-ass parents." I giggle, Glenn pulls me into yet another hug while ruffling my hair up, I feel his grip tighten around me.

"Thank you Sarah. You really are a light in Maggie and I's life. We are happy to call you our family." He whispers, I smile against his shoulder while he rubs my back before pulling away then placing his hands on my shoulder. "How about this. Tomorrow you and I go out and get Maggie her vitamins and stuff." I quickly nod my head with no hesitation.

"Oh. Can I tell Carl?" I ask as I clasp my hands together in a begging way. "Please, you both know I can't keep my mouth shut, I have to tell someone." Glenn chuckles and Maggie smiles while shrugging her shoulders.

"Knock em' out kiddo." Glenn says ruffling my hair up once more, I give them both one last hug before fixing my hair and running back to Carl. I grab his hand and he quickly faces me, he jerks his hand out of mine as a reaction.

"Shit you scared me. I was about to tell whoever grabbed my hand that I had a girlfriend." He says as he slowly guides his hand back into mine. I roll my eyes playfully as he places his free hand onto my cheek and brings his body in front of mine. "You look happy." He says before leaning down to kiss me.

I smile into the kiss and quickly pull away, I couldn't hold it in any longer. The not-so-secret was on the tip of my tongue. I pull Carl down to where my lips could reach his ears.

"Maggie and Glenn are having a baby." I whisper into his ear, he could feel the happiness beaming from my smile even though he couldn't see it. He stands back up straight with wide eyes, he secretly points over to Maggie and Glenn who were standing nearby. I nod my head after following the direction of his finger "Yes them Carl. The only Maggie and Glenn we know." I joke before turning back to him.

"Hey Glenn!" Carl yells out earning the eyes of both Glenn and Maggie on him. He smirks and gives Glenn a thumbs up, I could hear Glenn's laughter bouncing off the houses and ringing in my ears. I smack my hand to my face and shake my head in embarrassment. Carl pulls my hands down, the first thing I see on his face is that playful smirk.

"Our turn?"