13

I smile, feeling relieved knowing that if Carl thinks we can live here so can Rick. Carl stares out into the night, he must be daydreaming. I can't help but stare at his features. His long, slender jawline was perfect, his nose was the perfect shape, his long brown locks covered his ears and neck just right.

"You finished staring?" I snap out of my thoughts noticing he was staring at me laughing. I cover my face in embarrassment, blushing like crazy. "Hey princess look at me stop hiding your pretty face." He coos. I shake my head, I listen as he gets up from his seat and leans in front of me.

"Let me see your face baby." He pulls my hands from my face, and keeps my hands in his. He lifts them both up to his mouth and kisses them each softly. He looks up at me and starts to lean in, but we hear screaming coming from inside and pull away from each other.

"That sounds like Sasha." I say raising my eyebrow and standing up. "Stay here I'm going to go and check." He nods backing up to give me room to past by him.

I open the door and walk in just in time to see Sasha walking out and Deanna right behind her.

"What happened?" I ask Glenn.

"Sasha had an outburst. Started screaming at a lady, saying something along the lines of 'that's all your worried about' I don't know what happened but she's tore up about it."

"I'm going to go talk to her after Deanna." Glenn nods and sips his drink.

"So you and Carl?" I blush and look away from him.

"Oh shut up."

"Everyone knew it was going to happen at some point. Carl is crazy about you. When we first found you at Terminus, he couldn't keep his eyes off you. All he done was ask me question about you since Maggie and I were the closest to you." I smile and give Glenn a side hug.

"Well Deanna just walked back in. Thanks for being there for me Glenn." He hugs me back.

"I always will be. Also I really like your baseball bat necklace."

"Thank you. It reminds me of my dad." I smile before walking away back to the doors. I open them and notice Sasha leaning against the porch rail, she seems to be in her own little world.

I come up beside her and lean against the railing as well. "Hey Sasha. You okay?" She shakes her head her eyes never turning to meet mine.

"These people. They don't know what's out there. They are too worried about not fixing us something we like? That's what they are worried about. They're not worried about what's out there, what's coming for us. They have no damn idea." She looks down at her hands shaking her head. The moonlight shining down enough to where I can see a few tears in her eyes.

I place my hand on her back and rub it gently. "They don't understand, that's why we're here. We have to teach them. We're survivors. We fought to be here. We need to teach them to survive. You need to teach them to survive. We are the future Sasha." She nods her head.

"They haven't lost things like we did. They just party and get drunk. Run around and have fun? How can they do that knowing what's out there."

"They don't know Sasha. Some of them just thinks it's a big game." I back away from her and sigh, "Just be lucky we know what the hell we are doing." I let out a small laugh. She turns around and smiles, I make my way back in and notice everyone sitting around staring and whispering.

I shake my head knowing they are most likely talking about Sasha's outburst. I sigh and walk back to the sliding door. I notice another figure outside with Carl, I squint trying to make out who it was. I groan when I realize it was Enid was again. I slowly open the door to listen to their conversation.

"Enid I told you to fuck off."

"Carl, just listen to me. I know how girls can be she's going to fall for another guy and hurt you. It's how girls are!"

"Enid she's not like that, and plus your literally a girl as well so you're saying you do that?" She shakes her head and lays her hand on his chest.

"No I am not anything like that. Just give me a chance let me prove it to you. I can be better than her." He scoffs and throws her hand off of him.

"This is your last warning. If you ever come onto me again like this, I will not hesitate to tell Sarah. And I definitely won't stop her from beating your ass." I smile to myself and back away from the door once I notice him walking towards it.

I walk back into the living room and disappear into a sea of people, he walks in looking around. His blue eyes sketching out the entire place and staring at every individual until his eyes land on me. He went from a cold harden stare to soft puppy eyes when he saw me.

He pushes his way through and hugs me once he reaches me. "Don't ever leave me by myself again." I giggle and lay my head against his chest.

"Why not? You were by yourself." He pulls me away from him and stares me in my eyes.

"Don't kill her yet please." He watches my face for any reaction. I smile and kiss his cheek.

"I might of been eavesdropping. I heard everything you said. I promise I won't 'kill her' not yet." I give a playful wink. He takes me hand and pulls me with him as we walk to find the rest of our group.

"I think everyone is starting to leave so let's go ahead and shut this party down guys. It was a nice party for our new members. I bid you all goodnight." Deanna smiles as she opens the door and lets us all out.

Carl picks me up bridal style and carries me to the house giving me kisses on my cheek every now and then. He opens the door and carries me upstairs. He lets me down and gives me a small kiss.

"I'm going to go and change in the bathroom stay out here."

"Or, I can come and help you. I promise no funny business." I nod my head and bring him to the bathroom with me. He helps me strip down and put my new, fresh clothes on.

We walk out and back down the stairs, we notice Rick waiting at the bottom.

"Hey dad. What are you doing?"

"Waiting for you two to get out of the bathroom." He smirks and ruffles his sons hair. I cover my face and mumble a 'fuck me'.

"We didn't do anything dad shut up!" Carl blushes and grabs my hand running back into the living room to our spot. We both lay down beside each other laughing from embarrassment.

"Goodnight princess."

"Goodnight pretty boy."