18

I smirk to myself as I walk out of the room, and feel as Rick eyes burn into the back of my head. I slam the door shut as I exit and walk past Michonne as I make my way towards the stairs.

"You didn't take it easy on him huh?" she replies with a small laugh following behind. I smile back at her.

"Assholes don't deserve it easy don't ya think?" I reply as I walk down the stairs and back outside through the door. I take a deep breath completely satisfied with the way I handled this situation.

I notice Glenn speed walking towards me with a worried look on his face. I can tell his mind is racing with thoughts and that's something is really bothering him right now. He stops in front of me.

"Is Rick still in there?" I nod my head and he walks past me.

"Wait Glenn!" I yell as I run back onto the porch next to him. "Why do you need to see Rick so bad is something wrong?" I ask. He sighs and nods his head slowly before looking towards me.

"Deanna is having a meeting tonight. I don't know exactly why, but I have a hunch it's to kick Rick out." I widen my eyes.

"She is going to kick him out? No way. She didn't kick Pete out and he's beating-" He cuts me off quickly.

"I'm not sure if that's what it is. Maggie is with her now and she's going to find out more. I'll tell you everything when I find out. But right now I need to tell Rick." He finishes his sentence and takes off into the house shutting the door hardly behind him.

I release a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. If Rick gets kicked out what does that mean for the rest of us? Either way I'll kick his ass if he makes us lose this place.

I bite my lip and start walking. Every bad through crosses my mind with each step I take. I could feel the anger rising in me, and it was about to overflow. Finally I step onto a familiar porch and knock loudly on the door. After a few minutes it finally opens revealing who I wanted to see.

"Sarah?"

"Ron. May I come in?" I don't wait for a response as I push my way past him and stand in his living room with my arms crossed.

"What do you want?" he asks with a hint of annoyance in his tone. I step closer to him.

"I want to talk to you about your dad." I say looking up at him. He rolls his eyes and steps back away from me while crossing his arms.

"Oh you mean my dad? The one who isn't allowed around us anymore because your so called "leader" caused a scene?" He replies sarcastically. I laugh and step another foot closer to him.

"No. I mean your dad who is a complete asshole and has to beat on his wife and kids to make himself feel better."

"You don't know shit about my family Sarah. My dad just has his problems, it's been fixed before it can be fixed again." I give him a small frown.

"Okay listen as much as I want to scream at you right now I won't. I understand that you think he can change but you can't fix a broken home Ron. Just listen for one second okay. Rick was trying to protect you, they are having a meeting tonight over this whole scenario." I take another step forwards towards him. "And it would be best if you kept your mouth shut. I'm not letting you get my family and I kicked out for your dads wrong doing got it?"

He backs away until his back hits the wall and he quickly nods his head yes. I give him a sweet smile and back away giving him some room. "Good." I push past him and back out the door. I can feel every nerve in my body being tugged at. What happens tonight will affects us all no matter what.

(Time skip)

We all gather around the small fire outside. I sit next to Carl as we wait for some of our own to show up. Rick and Glenn were still missing, and currently nobody has went to find them. I could tell by the look on Deanna's face that she was getting very impatient by the minute.

"We're going to start." Deanna finally says as she walks closer towards everyone.

"Can we wait? There's still people coming.. Rick.. Glenn." Maggie tries to interfere.

"It's getting dark."

"They'll be here." I reply staring at Deanna. Carl places his hand on my thigh and gives it a caring squeeze to calm me down. I look over and give him a soft smile before looking back at the fire.

"We're going to talk about what happened. Not the fight. Not what precipitated it. We're dealing with that. We're going to talk about how Rick had a pistol he stole from the armory, about how he pointed it at people. And we're going to talk about what he said." Deanna replies looking around "I wish he were here." I quickly stand up and glare at her.

"Maggie said he is coming." Carl grips my hand and pulls me back down.

"Don't make it worse okay? Don't let her think we're all threats." He whispers into my ear, his hot breath dancing down my neck as he speaks. I shiver and nod my head. 

They all start to talk again, I drown them all out knowing if I were to listen I would explode and get myself kicked out in the process. I hold onto Carl's hand tighter, his thumb rubs my hand gently to calm my nerves. I jerk my head up when I hear a thump.

"There's wasn't a guard at the gate, it was open.. I didn't bring it in. It came in on its own." I widen my eyes and Rick comes out of the shadows. "I was thinking about how many of you I was going to have to kill to save your lives. But I'm not going to. You are all going to change. I'm not sorry for what I said. I'm sorry for not saying it sooner. Luck runs out. And you are all almost out of it."

I feel Carl's hand grip mine tighter this time. I could feel his heartbeat in his fingertips. I look over at him as he stares in awe of his father. I hear some rustling and distant footsteps that kept creeping closer.

"You're not one of us!" I recognize that voice it's Pete. He's carrying Michonne's katana, immediately Reggie goes over to stop Pete.

"Get the hell away from me Reg." Pete screams as he tries to push away towards Rick. Reggie still tries to hold Pete back. "I said get away!" The sword slices Reg's neck open and he begins to choke on his own blood. Deanna grabs him and cries frantically.

Time begins to move slow and now the world is painted in red.