39

I feel as my throat runs dry, I gulp trying to get it a tad wet in order for me to speak clearly. I notice a few more men walking up behind this so called 'Negan' their guns aimed at me.

I try my best not to look over at Glenn and ruin his cover. I take a deep breath before staring back up at the man. "Negan? I've never heard that name before. Who are those guys with you?" I say crossing my arms across my chest trying to act brave.

"Negan." He replies again. I look around, and feel my head become lighter, this must be more of that so called army that Daryl and them ran into a few days ago. I cough slightly as I notice Glenn's figure moving in the corner of my eye.

I slightly look down at my holster and notice for some reason they hadn't taken my gun. I bite the inside of my cheek to keep my smirk from emerging. "That's a bit odd." I say as I look back up at the men in front of me, I watch Glenn make his way behind isle before he ends up behind one in the back.

Thankfully he's quiet on his feet and doesn't draw attention much, which right now I'm needing to do the opposite. Keep them distracted so Glenn can take out as many as he can quietly.

"What's your name?" His scratchy voice brings me back to the reality, I notice Glenn quickly stabbing the guy in the neck then head before slowly letting him down on the ground.

"I don't really give my name out to strangers. Especially not on the first date." I joke, which to them didn't seem so funny. The barrel of the gun presses hard enough against my forehead sure enough to leave a mark when and if it is removed.

"You think you're so funny huh? Ain't no one here laughing sweetheart." I scrunch up my face in disgust at his little pet name, the mixture of cigars and sweat fills my nostrils enough to make me gag. I watch as Glenn take another man down, luckily there wasn't as many in this group as the one that Daryl had to face. Two down. Six to go.

"I find myself pretty funny." I remark, just trying to push his buttons. I knew he would probably shoot me if I kept on, but as of this moment I would rather be dead then breath in his toxic aroma anymore. He chuckles deeply, before coughing as if he already ran out of breath.

I look back up and notice two more men down, I try to contain my smirk as I lower my hand down my side and over it over my gun. I watch as Glenn takes one of the guns from the fallen 'soldiers' as nod his head. Finally I can kill this asshole.

"It's a shame, such a pretty face gone to waste." He says as his hand hovers over the trigger. "I was hoping to take you back home with me." I glare daggers through him as he smiles showcases off his rotted teeth. I grip my gun in my hand and slowly slide it out while making sure his eyes were on me, the other men must of been too stupid to even care to watch my movements.

Glenn holds up his gun at one of the men, none of them taking attention to what was about to happen. I quickly grab my gun out and shoot the man between the eyes before turning my attention to the other beside him giving him no time to react.

Glenn takes down the other two quickly and easily, he runs over to check on me before rummage through their backpacks and taking their guns.

I walk up to the man who tried to shoot me and place my foot on his stomach and move him around. The hole from his forehead oozing out blood and pouring into his open eyes.

"I think I did your boss a favor." I mutter under my breath before kicking him in the side, I lean down and grab the gun that was previously pressed against my forehead. I shove it into my backpack along with a few other things he was carrying on him.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Glenn asks as he stuffs more stuff into his bag. I nod my head as I start to look around the store, in the corner I notice some books stacked up, still wrapped in plastic. I walk over and bend down knocking the dust off of it, a wide smile spreads across my face.

"Bingo." I laugh to myself, an entire stack of comics that have never been opened lay in front of me. I pick them up and stuff them all in my bag, I run towards Glenn as he continues to stuff cans of food into his. "Did you find any charms or necklaces?" I ask before he holds up two plain necklaces with a soft smile.

"Found them behind the counter, I think when we get back I'll get Tara to make the charms. I'm sure she can." He says as he stuffs them into his pocket, he stands up throwing his bag across his shoulder. "Let's go kiddo, before anymore pricks come for us." He laughs before pushing the front door and looking around, he motions with his hand for me to follow as he starts running back into the woods.

After a few minutes of running we finally slow down and contain a walking speed. I could feel sweat fall from my forehead onto my nose as the hot sun beams down through the trees as it did once before.

"Next time don't try to get yourself killed." Glenn finally speaks up as he gives me a look only a father would give. I raise my eyebrow before laughing realizing what he meant.

"I was just joking with him, it's not my fault he was soft at heart." I shrug my shoulders before feeling a hand on my shoulder, using enough force to stop me from walking. I turn and face Glenn as he leans down a little in my face. 

"Sarah I'm serious. You're important to me. I'm not going to lose you, not after everything. You're like my own child. I love you." He says a serious expression captured in his face, and look down at my shoes kicking them together a little before looking back up at him.

"I promise. But, you have to promise me you're not going to get yourself killed either. I love you, I don't want to lose you." He chuckles and nods his head, as I stick out my pinky. He gives me a cheeky look before interlacing his pinky with mine.

"I promise, I'm not going anywhere any time soon kiddo."