Final Chapter.

My heart drops as I stare at my bleeding wound. How did this happen? I thought I would've felt it sinking it's teeth into me, how could I of been so clueless.

"My little girl." Dad whispers out as he reaches towards me. I stare up and everything goes silent besides the distance groans coming from the woods. "My baby." He says as he gently examines the bite.

I look back behind me. Carl's face has gone pale and he's lost the sparkle in his eye that he once had. Everyone has lowered their weapons, including Rick. It felt as if I was in a dream, everything was moving in slow motion. I couldn't feel my body and I suddenly felt dizzy.

"Where is she!" I head a voice scream out but I couldn't make out who it was. "Oh my! Sarah!" I turn around with tear filled eyes but could make out that it was Maggie. "I'm so glad we got you back-" She stops in her tracks and her gaze goes to my side. "No." She whispers.

She takes a few steps forward she didn't even care that my Dad was there. "No." She repeats against as a tear slides down her cheek.

"Maggie." I whisper out as I turn to her. She grabs me and pulls me into a hug as I sob into her neck. "I'm sorry. I tried, I really did. I wanted us all to get along. I didn't know what else to do."

"Sh. That's enough." She says as she tries to calm her voice down. "You did everything you could. You managed great things Sarah. Don't take that away from yourself." She whispers before letting me go and kissing my forehead.

I stare at her before turning back to face Dad who already had tears streaming down his face. "Daddy?" I whisper as I take a few steps close to him. He shakes his head as he stands up wrapping his arms around me.

"No. This isn't real." He whispers out as I bury my face into his chest. "This isn't real, I'm going to wake up soon. You're going to be in your bed all happy." He whispers to himself which only broke my heart more. "You're not dying on me."

But, I am.

"Dad, please listen to me. I want this whole thing to stop. I want you to come back to Alexandria with us." I whisper against his chest as his body rocks with sobs. "Please?" I ask as I lean up. "For me?"

He looks at Rick who just nods his head, I knew he was only doing this for me and after I die he would probably end him on the spot. But for right now I just wanted to go home.

I pull away from the hug and look for Carl who seemed to disappear from the group. I frown slightly before we all make our way back towards the woods as more shots went off from Dad's group killing the walkers that had found their way here.

The walk back was slow and quiet. Nobody said a word and nobody even dared to stare at me. I finally spot Carl in the front of the group walking by himself, he can't be ignoring me at a time like this.

We reach the cars and I pile in the back between Carl and Dad. I wince slightly as my wound brushes against Carl's arm which he quickly moves and looks at me.

"Hey." I whisper as the car starts to move. He gulps slightly making his adams apple move up and down before he looks at me.

"Hey." He whispers as his voice cracks. Carl was never one to show emotion in front of anymore and I could tell he was having a hard time holding it back right now. His eye became teary and he let a small tear escape, I smile softly and reach up using my thumb to wipe it away.

"This isn't anything to cry over." I say as I being my hand back to my lap. He gently grabs my hand holding it tightly as he lets out a small laugh.

"Yeah my girlfriend dying isn't something to cry over." He says shaking his head. The word dying doesn't sound right to me. This didn't feel real, the pain in my side did slightly increase but it was still bearable.

"I wouldn't say I'm dying." I say as I look over at him. He leans his head slightly to the side before he looks me up and down with a confused look.

"Then what would you call this?" He asks quietly. I smile and then laugh softly. I shake my head and look away from him staring ahead of us.

"I'm being freed." I whisper. "Freedom. I don't have to fight for my life anymore. I don't have to worry about checking my surroundings everywhere I go. I can finally relax. Doesn't that sound nice?" I ask.

He shakes his head as he lets another tear fall down his cheek. His lower lip quivers as he stares at me. He reaches up taking his hat off and placing it on his lap so he could place his forehead against my head.

"I can't lose you." He whispers as he kisses my temple. "Please Sarah. Stop acting like this isn't a big deal. It's just hurting me more." He says before sitting back up and looking down at me.

I turn my head slowly to face Dad who was staring out a window. His shoulders jerking slightly letting me know he was still crying as well. I look back at Carl and placing a small kiss on his lips.

He places his hand on the side of my face deepening the kiss. He didn't show any signs of letting me go, at least not yet. Once we separate for air he looks me in my eyes, "I love you."

"I love you more." I say smiling before pulling away from him. I motion towards my Dad and he nods his head, but still holds my hand tightly. "Hey Daddy?" I ask as I tap on his shoulder with my free hand.

He brings his sleeve up to his face and quickly wipes his eyes before facing me. "Y-yeah what is it?" He asks as he looks at me. I extend my hand for him as I smile.

"Will you hold my hand like you used to when I was little. I remember how scared I was of riding in the back by myself. You always sat back here and held my hand. Do you remember that?" I ask as he gently grabs ahold of my hand.

"How could I forget? You always made me do that, no matter how many times your mother complained." He laughs softly as he kisses the top of my head. "But I wouldn't trade those moments for the world you know."

I nod my head as I grip his hand tightly. "I'm sorry for everything I done to you. I really do love you Dad." I whisper as I rest my head against his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it Bunny. I love you too, even though I really suck at showing it sometimes. You're my world and so much more." He whisper while gently squeezing my hands three times. I smile and close my eyes taking a deep breath.

My body felt cold. So cold. I could barely hold my eyes open anymore and my hands were losing their grip on each of their hands. "Sarah? Baby?" Carl whispers as he gently shakes me.

"Still here." I whisper out. "I'm still here." I say with a sigh as I weakly squeeze their hands. I felt my head begin to spin and my heart beat quickening as if I was running. I let a tear slip from my eye and fall down my cheek onto my lap. "Still here." I whisper again.

I try to open my eyes but my body was way too weak to even try and begin to open them. I felt as Carl gently lifted my head up and placed it onto his shoulder. Dad gently squeezes my hand while whispering how much he loved me over and over.

Their words begin to slur together after a few minutes and I could understand them even if they were talking directly into my ear. I knew what was happening and I wasn't scared to face it. I felt my body begin to relax.

"I love you." I whisper out before my body didn't let me speak anymore. The end was close, way closer than I had expected but still yet I was going in to it unafraid. I had lived my life as much as I could. I was happy.

I felt my body begin to slowly shut down. I could still make out the cries of my family surrounding me, my body used it's last ounce of energy to make a smile form on my face as I drew my last breath. Finally... Here it is.

The End.