92

"Shut up." He mumbles as he looks at the ground below him. I laugh softly before grabbing his wrist and placing the keys back into his hands earning a confused look from him.

"I have to go. I don't have time to let you guys out. I'm going to go before Simon notices I'm gone." I whisper as I run towards the door. "Let Eugene and Amber out."

"I'm not letting a-" I cut him off quickly as I snap my fingers. He mumbles to himself as he starts to unlock Amber's door. I smile and quickly run back out and up the hallway. Once I exit the last door I grab my stuff I had left behind and carry it outside to where Simon and Dad were talking.

"Took you long enough." Simon says turning around, I roll my eyes and toss my bags to him. He huffs at me and opens his mouth to speak before I cut him off.

"Simon be a dear and load my stuff for me. I'm too tired to do it myself. Chop chop." He opens his mouth to argue back before Dad raises his finger to hush him. Simon groans in annoyance before he places my stuff into the truck himself.

I walk to the passenger side of the truck and cough waiting for Simon. He rounds the truck and stares at him. "Now what?" He asks. I motion my head towards my door making him roll his eyes as he opens it. "Here allow me to help the princess into the truck." He says sarcastically with an outreached hand.

I grab his hand and step in before slamming my door in his face. "You really don't like him do you Bunny?" Dad asks with a small smile playing on his lips. I roll my eyes and shake my head as I fasten my seatbelt.

"I hate him." I mumble. "You could be so much better without him. He's not very bright." I say relaxing my head against the seat.

"Your window is down!" Simon yells from outside. I lean over slightly and pop my head out as I look at him, I slowly reach my arm out the window before flipping him off.

"Good. I was hoping you could hear me." I say before leaning back inside the truck. "Bitch." I mumble to myself before turning my head to look at Dad. "Where are we going anyway?" I ask as he starts the truck.

"Somewhere safe for now. I'm sure Rick has sent people out to find where we are, and I don't want to take that risk." He says before pulling out. I nod my head not in the mood to argue, just to let things play out.

I stare at the review mirror watching as the other trucks and cars pull out behind us and follows us down the leaf covered road. The sun slightly shines out from behind the gray cloud that cover the sky.

A cold front would soon be near, even though I'm not sure what season it is I can tell by the way the leaves on the trees are slowly fading away. Not many animals are out like they were weeks ago, which isn't good considering we won't have much to choose to eat from.

I must have zoned out as we drove down the road, before I knew it Dad was already shaking my arm and telling me to get out. I shake my head slightly as my vision comes back clearly, I look out my window before gently opening my door and hoping out.

I walk around to my Dad's side of the truck as the wind begins to slightly blow sending chills down my spine. "Where are we?" I ask as I watch the guys unload the artillery from their cars and trucks.

"This is our little hideout. You like?" He asks as he places his hands on his hips staring at the modern cabin in front of us. "I know it's small but she'll have to do. Nobody can find us out here." He says.

"How are we all supposed to fit in there?" I ask as I wrap my jacket around my frame keeping the cold air from entering through my already thin shirt.

"Well some of the men are going back to protect The Sanctuary. I wasn't going to leave her unattended to." He says before Simon walks over towards him. "Speaking of my men Simon will be one of the ones going back." He says before patting Simon on the back.

Simon smiles as he stares at my Dad before looking at me and dropping his smile instantly. "Good." I say crossing my arms as I glare at him. "I wouldn't want to stay here with him anyway. I don't like the smell of a failure floating around in the air."

"You little-" He starts before Dad places a hand on his chest and pushes him back. He chuckles softly as Simon and I glare each other down.

"Easy you two." He says as he shoves Simon back slightly, "Simon go ahead and take your group and head back. Take this walkie-talkie and tell me as soon as you get back. Well after you check everything." He says.

Simon nods before scurrying off to gather up his boyfriends. I look back at the cabin before walking towards the door and opening it, Dad hot on my heels.

Hours pass by before everyone gathers in and makes beds on the floor and sit down. "We are going to be switching people during the night for watch duty. You guys can discuss amongst yourself which group goes first." Dad says as he relaxes back on the stained couch.

I hear static coming from the right of me and jerk my attention towards it. Dad gets up and walks out the back door as he talks into the walkie-talkie. I look around before sneaking in behind him and leaving the back door cracked just enough for me to hear his conversation.

"Simon? Hey. Simon." My Dad repeats over and over. Static still came from the other side until Simon voice finally began to break through.

"She... They.. Gone.." His voice cuts in and out making Dad begin to hit the walkie-talkie against his hand trying to make the connection a bit better. As if that would work.

"Simon? Damn it." He mumbles as he places his free hand down his face. His breathes heavily as he holds the walkie in each direction before Simon begins to come through clear once more. I peek my head slightly out the door as Dad takes a step away from me. I stay as quiet as I could, even holding my breath so I could hear everything.

"She did it. Your so called little girl done it. That beat." He mumbles. Dad presses the side button as he sighs heavily.

"What exactly did she do?" He questions. A few minutes go by and the static was back. A few sounds come out but no words came through. Finally his voice appears once more.

"She took my keys. Our prisoners. They are gone."