20

We quickly exit the house, guns in hands and our eyes scanning the area. I see a man running with an ax chasing one of the people from our community I aim my gun at his head and pull the trigger quickly.

Carl looks around more before motioning me to follow him behind some bushes. He puts his finger up over his mouth to urge me to stay quiet as he walked out ahead of me. He must've noticed another man because he quickly pulled his trigger and then looked over at me.

I make my way out and look around at the intruders who had already been killed, I inspect and then look up at Carl. "None of them have guns." I say before looking back around once more. Carl seems to notice the same thing as he walks over and kicks on the of them to their back.

The letter 'W' written into their forehead I raise my eyebrow before feeling a hand come around me and covering my mouth a knife was brought up to my neck. A foul smell erupted my nose senses, I watch as Carl turns around aiming his gun.

"Let her go." He say through gritted teeth, his finger sharp on the trigger. The person behind me let's out an evil laugh that would eat your soul.

"Give me the gun." The raspiness of his voice makes me want to hurl for days on end. I look at Carl and his eyes soften once they meet mine before going back cold when he looks away. I watch him try to find solutions to get out of this without giving any weapons away.

I slowly move my hand down my leg and grab my knife. I level my foot up to the man's crotch and quickly kick back watching as his knife drops in front of me nipping my cheek. I feel as blood runs down my face and I turn around and stab the man in the chest.

I wipe the blood off and look at my hand before looking back down at the bleeding man, I watch him choke on his own blood before his chest stops moving. "Asshole." I mumble as I face Carl. He walks over and stabs him in the head before turning back to me.

"You okay?" I nod my head as I pick my gun up, I turn to him and sigh. How could I let my guard down. That was so stupid of me. I walk past Carl but feel his grip on my forearm.

"Please just stay close to me." He whispers and I stop in my tracks and nod before walking side by side with him once more. I walk around my ears perked up for any sudden noise, as my eyes are perched on the area surrounding us.

It seemed to be quiet once more and I turn around to notice some of the intruders leaving through the gate. "Carl look." He raises his gun but the last one makes it out before he has time to pull the trigger.

"We should go after them." He says as he begin walking his way towards the entrance. I grab his arm this time and pull him towards me.

"Just leave them alone, we killed most of them. That was only like five. Now come on." I pull him towards Deanna's house. I have to make sure Judith is okay.

I knock on her door rapidly. "Hey Deanna it's me. Sarah. I have Carl with me too." She opens the doors smiling at us.

"Oh thank goodness you two are okay." She had tears brimming her eyes. "I'm sorry." She whispers and looks down. I place my hand on her shoulder and give her a small smile trying to raise her spirits.

"Oh you guys must be looking for Judith. Gabriel actually took her with him. He's in the church I suppose, he was here when the horn went off and I handed her over so I could check it out." I take a deep breath before thanking her and running towards the church with Carl hot on my heels.

I hit on the church doors and shake the handle. "Gabriel! It's Sarah! Please tell me you have Judith!" I scream and hit on the doors some more, I feel Carls hand gently pull me back as the door handle begins to wiggle and the door opens.

I smile as I see a happy Judith in his arms, he sighs happily as he sees us both. Carl reaches out and grabs her and hugs her close to him I look over at Gabriel and nod my head before turning away and leaving with Carl.

I look over at the open gates and tug on Carls flannel for him to follow me. I walk over and slowly start to close them before I hear a voice screaming in the distance I quickly open and my eyes are met with a horror scene.

Rick was running and screaming 'open the gates' as a hoard of walkers were behind him. There hand to be hundreds of them chasing him, coming towards us, coming towards our home. I stay frozen in place and everything is in slow motion, I am knocked to my senses once Rick knocks me over to the side and shuts the gates himself.

I widen my eyes and look at him, his sweat coated his skin and his close and he looks over at me and for the first time in my life I seen fear written all over Rick Grimes's face. He leans up and grab Carl and I both and drags us back over towards the houses.

"Stay away from the gates, keep Judith with you both. If anything goes wrong I know she'll be safe with you guys." We nod our head in unison and watch as Rick staggers off looking for someone else to tell.

(Time skip)

Everyone gathers outside once more, Rick stands in the center of us all. His hands placed on his hips as he looks at us all before speaking.

"We are going to need more people to watch around the gate and the walls. Today wasn't going to be the day we planned on leading those walkers off. Something went wrong and we had to spring into action. I know all of this is scary right now, but we are going to get through it. We just need to keep an eye out for this place and for each other."

Everyone begins to whisper amongst themselves as Rick walks back over to us and picks Judith up from Carls arms. He places his hand on Carls shoulder and gives him an approving nod.

Suddenly we all hear a squeaking noise and we look towards the watchtower as it begins to sway back and forth. I widen my eyes as Carl grabs my hand and begins to run away.

The towers crashes down bring the wall with it smoke fills the air along with the screams of others. We all run into a house and shut the door locking it. I look around at everyone who followed behind us and sigh. I look over at Rick and sigh.

"I guess luck does run out."