3

I look over at Rick as he stares daggers through Aaron, I wish I knew what he was thinking. Carls hand still grips my side not showing any signs of letting go soon.

"I have been watching you guys for awhile I know that's weird and I am sorry. But I have pictures if you want to see them. I want to show you that this place is legit, and you all can-" before Aaron can finish his sentence Rick punches him and knocks him out.

I release myself from Carls grip and run to Aaron's side. "Rick what the hell?" I question as I tend to Aaron.

"We all need to stay alert I don't know how many of them there are but they are looking for us and will attack at any moment." Rick rambles on and on. I stand to my feet and walk towards him.

"Listen I know you think this might be the right call but it's not. I trust him. So does Maggie and Sasha. Rick you have to start giving people chances." He stares at me his eyes are dark and droopy. He scoffs and walks off. Carl walks up behind me.

"Dad is right you can't trust people like this Sarah. He made the right move." I turn and face him before scoffing.

"That's funny coming from the one who saved the priest." I push past him and make my way back over to Aaron. Rick begins to put people into groups/pairs to go out and look for Aaron's supposedly friends who are here to "kill" us.

"Carl, you take Sarah and you two go out east and look around that area." I stand up and turn to face the two of them.

"I rather stay with Aaron, or just go by myself." I say through my teeth. Carl bites his lip hard enough I think I can see blood, he starts walking towards me. It a swift movement he grabs my arm and starts pulling me behind him.

"Quit being a brat. You're coming with me." He whispers in a low tone, the goosebumps arise from my skin once more. My stomach begins to do flips inside of me. I break loose from his grip and rub my arm as I walk behind him.

"Bitch." I quietly mumble to myself.

"What was that?" He turns around his eyes has went from the bright blue this morning to a dark blue, his eyes were now squinting at me and his head tilting to the side.

"Nothing." I look down at my shoes and continue to walk.

"Exactly what I thought." he says almost in a mocking tone. I roll my eyes and speed up a bit to get away from him.

(Small time skip)

I make my way through the woods, Carl hot on my trail. This entire time we haven't said one word to each other, we are both still pretty upset. We hear something off in the distance, and grab our guns and begin to slowly walk towards the sound.

I walk around a tree that has chains wrapped around it, and notice a walker tied to the tree. I grab my knife out, "I got it." I say to Carl but before I can stab it he does it first.

"What the actual fuck Carl. I just told you I had it. Are you deaf or some shit?" I scream at him standing face to face. I push him back a bit, "Can't speak or something? Come on I can't hear you." I scream once more. He grabs my arms and stares into my eyes, if looks could kill I would most likely be dead now.

"Shut up. Now." he slings my arms back down, I feel a tears welling up in my eyes. Not from sadness, but from anger. I hate when this happens, it makes me look so weak. I get so angry I cry and I feel so fragile.

"Fuck you." I muster out and start to run back through the woods towards the barn. I hear him as he picks up speed running straight behind me, but not once do I look back at him.

Through a small opening I see the barn and I push my tiring legs as much as they would let me before I collapse to my knees in front of the barn doors. I turn my head slightly and see Carl hunched over with his hands on his knees catching his breath.

I take control of my breathing and stand up, pain jolting up and down my legs like electricity. I open the door, and notice Aaron still tied up and Rick watching closely over him.

"Find something?" Rick questions me. I make a disgusted face towards him as I throw my bag onto the floor beside Aaron.

"Oh definitely, hundreds of people are after us Rick. They are surrounding us right now." I look down at Aaron and notice a bruise transforming onto his skin. I look back up at Rick, "You're such a prick. Guess Carl gets it from you." I say before walking towards the barn doors again, shoving past a sweaty Carl.

I sit outside while the rest of the group starts piling back in. Maggie walks up to me and sits by me, she gives my knee a slight pat before asking me what's wrong.

"Why is Rick treating Aaron so bad? He's a good guy. Plus, Carl is making it seem like I'm wrong and stupid. I don't know. But they have both really pissed me off right now." I quickly spit out.

Maggie leans her head back onto the wooden barn, she lets out a deep sigh, "I agree with you. Aaron seems harmless and if what he is saying is true, we deserve that place. Rick just has trust issues, we've been through shit Sarah. He's looking out for us." I scoff.

"No he's just looking out for him and his family."

"We are his family." Maggie gives me a small smile before getting up. Those words ring through my head, I might have been a little selfish. But, Rick doesn't have the right to punch a man for no reason. I lay my head into my hands and close my eyes taking deep and slow breaths.

I hear the squeaky doors open again and look up to see one face I really didn't want to see at the moment.

"My dad said to come in we need to have a group meeting." Carl says his gaze still as hard as rocks. I push myself up from the ground and walk up to him.

"What is he going to do kill him like he did-" Carl cuts me off quickly.

"Just get your ass inside and listen for once." He walks in letting the door almost shut in my face. I grumble to myself and follow in behind him. I make my way over to Aaron and check on him before heading to the small circle.

"If this place exist we could live there." Michonne says crossing her arm over her chest. Rick wipes his sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand.

"We're going to figure out if it exist. We're going to it but we have to do two separate groups. We're going to make Aaron lead us down one direction and you guys take the other. We can never be too careful." The rest of the group nods.

Rick takes Michonne, Glenn, and Aaron with him. As the rest of us pack up our things and begin our journey the other pathway. I stay beside Maggie as we wait for the rest of the group to get ready.

"Hey lighten up. He agreed to go check it out. That's enough for right now." She says gently nudging me, I finally give out a smile to her. She's right he actually agreed to go.

"Let's hope we're not wrong about him."