82

As I wave Eugene off I make my way back to the house where Carl was holding Judith on the porch. "She woke up." He says as he rocks her back and forth. I nod my head and sit on the steps next to him, I stay quiet until he speaks up. "You're worried about her." He say.

"Yeah. It's untelling what they done to her since they've gotten her back. I should've just went, they wouldn't of treated me badly. That was kind of bitchy of me to do." I reply as I reach my arms out for him to place Judith in them to which he does.

"It's not your fault. You both decided to sneak out. You both knew the consequences, don't put it all on yourself hon." He says as he wraps his long arm around my waist and drags me closer to him.

I shrug my shoulders as I stare down at Judith, her eyes opening and shutting every so often as she fought off sleep. "Eugene is leaving in the morning I think. I told him as soon as he finished his weapon to go. I just want this all over with." I lean my head against his shoulder as his thumb grazes up and down my waist.

"It will be." He assured me, "I'll make sure of it don't you worry." He says as he kisses the top of my head before standing up. "Will you put Judith to bed? I need to do some stuff." He says, I nod my head as he walks away leaving my vision as he does so.

I look down at Judith who has seemed to of dozed off, I smile softly before standing up and walking into the house and placing her in her crib. Right before Gabriel walks down the steps of the house, "He Gabe." I say as I make my way over to him.

"Sarah." He greets with a soft smile, "Do you need something?" He asks as he walks over to Judith and peaks at her in her crib. I shove my hand in my pockets.

"Yeah. Can you watch Judith for awhile?" I ask. He sighs and shakes his head no, but before he can say why I smile. "Thanks Gabey boy bye!" I say running towards the door and opening it.

"Wait Sarah! I said I couldn't-" I slam the door shut and run down the steps laughing to myself at how easy I can make him fall for my little tricks. I run down the direction where Carl had went, I notice his boot prints in the dust leading to the armory.

I open the door and walk in, first seeing Eugene in the back twiddling with something. "Hey Eugene." He slightly jumps and turns his head facing me before going back to his work.

"Don't scare me. I'm working with a weapon if you have forgotten." He says as he huffs out and continues working. I nod my head as I look around the now semi-empty armory, gliding my fingers against the wall.

"Have you seen Carl?" I ask as I examine the empty spaces on the shelf. Eugene sighs and I listen to his chair squeak as he turns around to face me, which makes me face him.

"Um. Yeah, he left a few minutes ago?" He says plainly and I furrow my eyebrows together. "He asked me to keep an eye out for you." He then pauses and gulps, "And he told me not to tell you." He says before turning back around continuing working.

"Went out? Went out where?" I ask as I kneel down beside him. Eugene just shrugs his shoulders not paying any attention to me. "Eugene. Tell me where he went." I say placing my hands softly on the table.

"I can't. He doesn't want you to follow him, even if you do you'll most likely be caught anyway." He says as he shrugs his shoulders once more. I felt my face become hot as I scrape my nails down the table until my hands become clinched into fist.

"I'll just go find him." I say as I look around for a gun that they might've of hid, or my dad had looked over. I get on my knees making sure to check in each corner as Eugene clicks metal pieces together over and over.

"It'll be no use. He's making Sasha and Rosita make sure you don't leave. They are both a hell of a lot stronger than you." He replies as he sets his tools down and cracks his fingers before going back at it again.

"What? That's ridiculous." I mumble as I get off my knees. I sigh and lean against the wall and shut my eyes trying to control my temper. "Can you at least tell me where he went?" Eugene stays quiet, the clinking of metal fills the room once more.

I grab a seat and pull it beside Eugene as I watch him work on some type of gun. Well at least that's what it looked like to me. "Can you please backup you're in my personal space." He says. I raise my hands in defeat and slowly back up.

"Tell me where he is." I say once more. But, yet again Eugene says nothing. He stands up and walks to the other room before bringing in some bullets he must of had stashed somewhere.

"This should be enough. No need to test this thing. I am a genius after all." He says as he sits back down and places the bullets into different holes of his device. I lean back in my chair crossing my arms as I watch him closely.

"Eugene." I say leaning up closer to him. "Eugene. Tell me." My voice was on the verge of begging, which was weird considering it was Eugene I was begging. He couldn't keep secrets, well besides the fact that he was a real scientist but that's a different story.

"If I tell you will you leave me alone so I can work on this in peace?" I perk up at his offer and nod my head quickly. He sighs and sets his tools down before rubbing his face with his hand.

"I promise I'll leave you alone." I say holding out my pinky to which he disregards as he turns his body around in his seat to face me. The sweat from his forehead was slowly running down, even though it was pretty cold in here he was still sweating. He looks around as if someone was listening in before he points at me.

"Don't do anything stupid ok? He went to go get our guns back."