45

"You know you don't have to come. I can handle myself perfectly fine." I mumble as I clutch my clothes closer to my chest. He laughs before dropping his towel exposing everything to me as if we weren't having a serious conversation at this exact moment.

"Yeah okay." He says before walking past me and to the dresser, he digs out a pair of jeans, a grey shirt, and of course another flannel. "Can you toss me a pair of boxers from the laundry basket? I haven't had time to put them in the dresser drawer." He says as he makes his way over to the bed and lays his clothes down.

I grumble underneath my breath as I walk to the corner of the room grabbing a black pair and tossing them to him keeping my eyes everywhere but on him. "Thanks." He says as he slips them on, he steps into his jeans and pulls them up, doing the button then the zipper before grabbing his belt from the table side and putting it on as well.

"Are you going to stand there or go and get ready?" He says stopping his movement as he stares at me. I roll my eyes before walking towards the bedroom door. "See ya." He says before slipping his shirt over his head.

I make my way downstairs and back into Aaron's house, I run upstairs into the room and shut the door locking it. I strip myself from my old clothes and lay them together next to the bed, before slipping on a pair of leggings and a dark green t-shirt.

I grab a hairbrush Aaron had left out for me and walk into the bathroom which was conveniently in this very same room. I brush my hair out before brushing it back into a high ponytail to keep it out of my face. I walk back out and grab my black combat boots and slipping them on, I walk back downstairs just in time to see Aaron throwing me a jacket.

"Just incase it gets cold." He says smiling. I nod my head and hold it in my arm, before grabbing my gun off the counter where I had left it last night. He opens the door and allows me to walk out ahead of him before he shuts it and follows me off his porch.

I notice in the distance the group already surrounding the RV talking amongst themselves as Aaron and I arrive. I look around and notice Carl not in sight which made me sigh a breath of relief before the RV door opens and I notice a familiar cowboy hat. I groan quietly to myself as Aaron pushes me forward.

Everyone starts to pile in one by one. I, of course, get on last. I look around for an empty seat and notice one straight in front of Carl, I sigh heavily before walking back and sitting in it.

"Let's get this bad boy rolling." Abe says as he laughs, I smile before shaking my head as the RV's engine roars. Suddenly the door open and Glenn runs in panic on his face as he holds Maggie in his arms.

"Guys Maggie.. I.. I don't know what happened she's not doing well." He says as he climbs in and carries her to the couch, I move over a little so he can lay her down. I let her place her feet on my lap as her head lays in Glenn's lap. "We need to go to the Hilltop."

"The saviors.. they are out there." Carl says as he looks at Glenn. Abe just nods his head before moving the RV towards the gate at a lightening fast speed. I look down at Maggie with a worried expression as her body heat rises.

"We can handle them." Abe says approvingly as he looks at Glenn through the mirror. "Is she getting any better since last night?" Abe asks. Glenn shakes his head as his had caresses her face, and moves into her hair.

Maggie's hand comes over and covers her mouth as she begins to cough. Glenn immediately leans her up a little and pats her back. "Hey.. hey it's okay.." He whispers as she closes her eyes once more and lays back on his lap.

"We're going to get there. The doctor at the Hilltop, he will make her better." I reassure Glenn as I realized how stressed he was from this situation. He smiles softly while nodding his head his eyes never leaving Maggie.

"How do you know that?" Maggie whispers as she turns onto her side, Rick walks up and places one knee on the ground.

"Because, everything we've been through.. We've been through together. This we can get through too." He says as he holds her hands in his. She nods her head and she wipes a few tears from her eyes. Glenn gently stands up before gathering Maggie in his arms and moving her to the bed in the back for more room.

"What the bitch?" I hear Abe say as the RV begins to slow down, I start to stand up but Rick places his hand in front of me making me stay in place as he makes his way up to the front.

"What?" He asks as he peers out the window, I look over at Carl who is staring at me already. He gives me a half smile before standing up and walking to the front behind his dad.

"Enemy up close." Abe says, making my heart race. I clutch my gun in my hand and stand up myself, maneuvering myself around people until I'm behind Carl. "Must be more of Negan's men. We doing this?" He asks.

"No." Rick replies before walking away and to the door of the RV to which he opens and steps outside with his gun. He makes his way over in front of the group of men. A few of us following behind, I make my way out behind Carl he places his hand in front of me.

"Please just don't." He mumbles. I roll my eyes and push past him as I make my way behind Rick. Another man lays on the ground in front of the other men, I stare down at him before looking up.

"He was someone who was with a whole lotta someone's who didn't listen." A man with a ferret for mustache says as he cross his hands over his crotch. I gulp slightly as he smiles, never did I think so much evil could be behind one smile.

"We can make a deal." Rick starts as he holds his gun up to his side as if he was surrendering, the other man nods his head and smiles.

"Yeah we can. You give me all your stuff, except for we might have to kill one of you. It's just how it works." He replies as my stomach begins to knot up in fear which I try not to show.

"Yeah. That deals not gonna work for us. Fact is, I was about to ask for all your stuff. Except for I don't want to kill one of you." Rick pauses as he lowers his gun. "Well anymore of you."