Chapter 4

January 11th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

At 7 a.m. my alarm went off, forcing me to wake up.
I mumbled and turned around banging on the clock.
My head was about to explode... I didn't get much sleep last night, since me and Tala stayed up until late talking about my day yesterday and how me and Michael met.

After a few minutes I got up and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. Afterwards I walked back to my room and changed into my clothes: blue jeans, pink sweatshirt and pink sneakers.

I then made my way to the kitchen and prepared breakfast, like usual. And when it was time for the both of us to go to work, we said our goodbyes and left.
Around 7:45 I arrived in the kindergarten and the kids ran towards me hugging my legs. I smiled widely. My day always starts like this, every day, and this is what I live for.

"Good morning to you too!" I said in a sweet tone, while taking off my jacket and my shoes, jumping into my slippers.
"Mwyra?" one of the kids said, I turned around.
"Yes?" I asked,
"Are we going back to Michael today?" he asked, completely excited.
"Uhh, no sweetheart, I'm sure Michael is busy today. But I promise we are going back there soon, okay?" I said while bending down to face this little boy, who now had a sad look on his face.
"Okay..." he replied while pouting his lips and going over to the playroom to play with the other children.
"See what you've done?" Annie asked in a playful tone, I sighed and got back up.
"Yeah, well, I think I have to deal with it." I replied shrugging my shoulders.

It hurts my heart though, to see how upset they are. I hate seeing them like this...
Shortly after I heard knocking on the door. Who could this be at this early time in the morning?
I walked over and opened the door, only to see Michael standing outside with two of his securities behind him. My eyes grow wide and my jaw literally dropped onto the floor...
He was wearing his classic fedora and his sunglasses, and he was also holding a big bag full of toys. He smiled widely while looking at me.

"Good morning, Myra. Surprise!" he said in his fine voice, before releasing a chuckle.
"Michael? What are you doing here?" I asked clearly surprised,
"I wanted to visit you and, well bring some toys for the kids." he replied,
"Uhh... come in." I then said stepping aside and welcoming them inside.

As soon as the kids spotted him they screamed and ran towards him, hugging his legs. He giggled and bend down to hug them back.

"Myra, Myra! Since we couldn't go to see Michael he came to us!" one of them said, making me smile widely.
"I see!" I then replied while leaning against the door, my arms crossed.

Soon, Michael unpacked the bags and gave each one of them a toy. They thanked him and immediately stepped back to play with their new toys. He then stood back up and removed his sunglasses, before turning around to face me.

"Thank you for coming over and ... for bringing the kids some toys. We really appreciate it." I then said, he smiled widely and nodded. "How did you know in what kindergarten I was working, though?" I then asked, he giggled.
"I asked my security and searched it up on the internet." he confessed, making me chuckle.
"Oh.." I simply said.
"I wanted to call you last night, but I thought you were too tired..." he then said almost whispering, my heart skipped a beat when I heard those words.
"You could've called, I was awake most of the time. My best friend kept me awake until late at night." I said making us both giggle.
"Well, I'm here now." he replied, smiling widely.
"Would you like something to drink?" I then asked,
"Sure." he replied.

I then walked him over to the kitchen and he sat down on a chair, while I poured some orange juice in two glasses, handing one over to him. He thanked me and grabbed it, taking a sip.
I decided to sit down next to him while taking a sip from my drink as well.

"You know... I would really like to get to know you." he suddenly said, making me look at him, and that's when our eyes met again.
"You do?" I asked surprised, he simply smiled and nodded.
"How about we go out for dinner tonight? That way we could talk and get to know each other." he offered. Is that... a date?
"Uhh, sure, I'd like to." I replied smiling back,
"I'll come pick you up from work, if that is okay." he then said,
"Of course. I should be finished around 4:30." I replied, he nodded.

Once we finished our drinks, we walked back to the play room and he said his goodbyes to the children and to us, before leaving with his securities.

"What did you two talk about?" Annie asked as she walked next to me,
"He... he invited me out for dinner tonight." I confessed, smiling like an idiot and sucking my teeth. Her eyes grew wide and a smile made its way on her face.
"Really? Wow... that's amazing. If you want you can leave early so that you can get ready for tonight's date." she offered,
"Oh no, no need. I don't want to leave earlier, that's fine." I replied.

After chatting for a little while longer, she went to prepare launch for later, while I played with the kids.

*Michael's POV*

Exactly at 4:30 p.m. I was standing outside the kindergarten, waiting for Myra, sitting in the car with my securities.
Of course some fans walked by and recognised me.

I drove down the window and signed some autographs for them, until a crowd started building around the car, forcing me to close the window again.

Thankfully, shortly after Myra walked out. One of my securities immediately stepped out, and walked her over to the car, letting her step inside, sitting next to me. Our eyes locked again and we smiled at each other , before we made our way to the Restaurant that I have rented for tonight.

Once we arrived, a sea of paparazzi's spotted us and started taking pictures.
We quickly made our way inside and got escorted to a table.

When a waitress took our order, I looked at her sitting in front of me.

"So, tell me... are you all alone here in America?" I asked curiously, smiling at her.
"Yes, I am. Well, I live with my best friend Tala. My family is in Mexico." she explained,
"Why didn't your family come with you?" I asked, looking deep into her eyes. She took a deep breath.
"My dad... died 3 years ago. He was a military agent and he, he didn't make it. Ever since, my mother quitted her job and we started having financial difficulties, to the point where I felt forced to leave and move here so that I could find a good job and send her money every month. She isn't doing well..." she explained, and soon I noticed how her face looked.. upset and heartbroken.
"I'm so sorry, Myra... what about the rest of your family?" I asked,
"We're not really in a good relationship with the rest of our Family. It has always been just the three of us." she said, looking back into my eyes, forcing a smile. I simply nodded.
"Let me tell you this: you are a very strong woman. Having the strength to do what you do, it's something that not everyone has. I'm sure your father would be proud of you." I said in a sweet tone, she smiled widely.
"I believe so too." she replied.

Soon our food came and we started eating and chatting. She kept telling me about her, until she started asking me questions about me too... which was surprising to me, since I'm known worldwide. But then, she told me that she doesn't read magazines or tabloids nor does she believe in that garbage. She preferred to ask me and get to know me this way. I admired her even more for that.

With all the talking, we both lost track of time and didn't notice how late it was.

I then payed for our dinner and escorted her back home with my securities. The car stopped right in front of her apartment, and we looked at each other.

"I'd like to see you again, Myra. I enjoy your company." I confessed, while looking deep into her green eyes. She slightly blushed and smiled back.
"Me too." she replied,
"How do you say 'beautiful' in philippines?" I asked,
"Uhh, it's 'maganda', why?" she replied and giggled.
"Good night, maganda. I'll call you soon." I then said smiling widely at her, that's when she blushed hardly.
"Good night, kayamanan. ('honey' in Filipino)" she replied smiling back before stepping out of the car.
"Wait! What does that mean?" I shouted as soon as I drove down the window, she chuckled and shrugged her shoulders, before waving at me and entering her apartment.

I was left smiling like an idiot, while my securities started escorting me back home. Good night, maganda.