Chapter 31

January 5th, 1995
*Myra's POV*

In the end, Michael has spent Christmas and New Year's with me here in Mexico.
He called Lisa and explained her the situation... of course she didn't like it, and they started fighting over the phone. I felt extremely bad and sorry, it was my fault if they were fighting, he was supposed to be at his home with his wife and his family, but instead... he was here with me.

Today we decided to go visit ill children at the Hospital, Michael offered me to go with him since he knows I love children just as much as he does.
So we got ready and Bill escorted the two of us to the Hospital.
People started recognising him, even though he was wearing sunglasses and a black face mask. They started crowding around the car and near the main entrance of the Hospital. Police arrived soon after and together with Michael's securities they made sure that no one would get hurt.
After some struggling we finally made our way inside.

Soon the receptionist called the head physician of the Hospital, who quickly joined and greeted us.

"Mr. Jackson, it is such an honour to have you here today. Thank you so much for your visit. How can I help you?" he said in his mexican accent while shaking Michael's hand,
"Uhmm" he replied and looked over at me with a nervous smile, I giggled and nodded, since I understood what he meant. I looked over at the Doctor.
"Estamos aquí porqué queremos visitar los niños enfermos. (We are here because we would like to visit the ill children)" I said gently, a big smile soon made its way on the Doctor's face.
"Para nosotros es un gran placer, estaría agradecido de mostrarles el camino, por favor síganme. (It is an honour for us, I would like to show you the way, please follow me.)" he replied, and we did.
"God, your mexican accent sounds really sexy. I'm sorry to say this, but it's true." Michael whispered in my ear while we followed the chief, I blushed hardly and chuckled.
"Shut up, Jackson." I whispered making him giggle.

After a few minutes of walking, we finally arrived in the hospitalised children ward. Some of them recognised Michael, and even though they were all ill you could literally see how their face started glowing because of the joy and happiness.
The chief doctor welcomed us in the first room, there were two beds with a child laying in each one of them. One of them even had an IV in his arm and was bald. My heart was in pain, to see how these little angels were suffering.
Michael gently walked closer, and caressed their cheek. They hugged and he signed some autographs for them, while someone took photos of them.

We started walking in and out of many rooms, and we have seen tons of ill children. Despite their illness, their faces lit up in joy, and that made my heart and soul happy. Michael really works like magic on children... how could they possibly accuse him of sexually molesting a child? There ain't no way. I'm seeing it with my own eyes. This man is innocent.

While we were in another room and Michael was having a chat with the parents while signing autographs, a little girl knocked on my leg. I looked down at her and she was yellow in the face. I smiled brightly and bend down to her.

"Hola bebé. (Hey sweetie)" I said in a soft tone, she slightly smiled back and handed me a candy. "Oh, ese es para mí? (Oh is this for me?)" I asked, she nodded. "Nahh, tu lo tomas. Ven. (Nah you can have it. Come here.)" I added in a playful tone and opened the candy for her. That's when she hugged me. I tried hard to fight back the tears.

*Michael's POV*

When I finished chatting with the parents and signing autographs, I turned around and noticed Myra bended down and hugging a little ill girl. My heart was exploding because of the joy and happiness that I was feeling. Even ill children love her.

When they both stepped back, the little girl grabbed Myra's hand and walked her over to her toys. Myra then sat down on the sofa and grabbed the little girl gently, making her sit on her lap and started playing with her.
I had a big smile plastered on my face and tears in my eyes. I've never seen this side of Myra... I mean, I know she's good with children, but that? That is different.

Once she was done playing, we continued our tour. After a couple of hours, we decided that it was time to leave.
Before headed back to her mothers house, we stopped and grabbed something to eat.

"Bill, if you drive down this street and take the one left, there should be an old park, usually no one ever goes there." she explained to him, he looked at me and I nodded. He then started driving and once we arrived she was right, no one was there.

Of course some of the fans spotted us, but my other securities and the police officers made sure that they wouldn't follow us.
We then grabbed our food, stepped out of the car, and walked inside the park. We took a seat on the bench and started eating.

"I'm sorry for... your fight with Lisa." she said almost whispering, I looked over at her.
"Why do you feel sorry? It's not your fault." I replied, that's when her eyes met mine.
"It is... I should've stopped you from flying over here. You needed to stay at home, you would've spent a much better Christmas with Liz and then New Year's with your wife and your family." she explained, looking down at her feet. I put my food to the side and grabbed her hand, making her look at me.
"It is not your fault. I wanted this. You needed me, more than Lisa or my family. Liz was excited to come here and she is beyond happy that she was able to help somehow. Do not feel sorry." I replied, flashing her a sweet smile. "Okay?" I asked almost whispering, she slightly smiled back and nodded, before embracing me in a sweet hug.

I loved spending the Holidays here. Everyone is so nice, and I got to visit the children in the hospital, and I was with her. There is nothing more that I could wish than that.