Chapter 26

November 1st, 1994
*Michael's POV*

I couldn't sleep all night, thinking about what Myra told me before falling asleep. I wanted to talk about it with Lisa, but with all the guests in the party I wasn't able to do so.
I am looking forward on talking about it with her today. Myra has stayed here the entire night, and I went to check on her multiple times. It was now 9 a.m. and she was still sleeping peacefully in the guest room where I brought her.

At some point, Lisa woke up too and she walked downstairs joining me into my office.

"Good morning, baby, why are you up already?" she asked while walking closer to me, trying to kiss me, but I moved my face in the other direction.
"Lisa... we need to talk." I said in a serious tone, looking deep into her eyes. I could tell that she was scared or nervous.
"Talk? About what?" she asked, I released a sarcastic giggle.
"About how you told Myra to keep her distance from me." I hissed, she clenched her jaw.
"She told you?" she replied,
"So you're not denying it." I said while my eyes grew wide,
"That little rat... I'm going to kill her." she mumbled while looking away, I immediately stood up from the chair I was sitting in and walked closer to her.
"Don't you ever say something like that again." I whispered in a firmly tone, "she got drunk last night, she couldn't control what she was talking about. Why would you tell her to keep her distance from me?" I added.
"How come you didn't notice, Michael? She fell for you! She loves you!" she said almost yelling, looking back at me.
"What are you talking about? Come on this is ridiculous." I said and chuckled,
"Really? Why don't you ask someone else? I bet everyone noticed. Everyone besides you." she replied while crossing her arms,
"How can you be jealous over my best friend?" I asked,
"Listen, I'm not in the mood to fight with you right now, we'll talk about it another time." she said while releasing a sigh, before leaving my office.

Myra doesn't love me... I would've known. Right?

I decided to walk back upstairs to check on her, but as soon as I entered the guest room she wasn't laying on the bed anymore. That's when I heard a noise coming from the bathroom, I immediately walked closer and noticed how she was bending over the toilet... throwing up.

I walked closer and held her hair back, while caressing her back.

"God... look at you..." I whispered, once she sat down on the cold floor.
"Did I drink that much last night?" she whispered while looking at me, she had some bad under eye bags.
"You did..." I said and giggled.
"Did... did I do or say anything stupid?" she then shyly asked. I gulped and looked away.
"No." I replied.
"You're lying ..." she said after a few seconds of silence. "Tell me." she added.

*Myra's POV*

I knew that he was lying, I could tell by his body language and by the look on his face.

"Tell me, Michael." I demanded, he then finally looked back at me, our eyes now locked.
"You... you mentioned that Lisa told you to keep your distance..." he confessed, and my eyes went wide. No I didn't. Please tell me I didn't!
"I-I was drunk, I didn't know what I was talking about..." I replied, trying to adjust the mess I did.
"Leave it, Myra... I talked with Lisa and she admitted everything." he said. I gulped.
"S-she did?" I asked, he simply nodded. "What else did she say?" I added.
"She thinks that you fell for me and that you love me. I said that it's ridiculous. We're best friends... I would know that. Right?" he then replied releasing a giggle. I felt like I was about to get a heart attack... why would she tell him??? Thank god he didn't believe her.
"R-right..." I answered almost whispering. "I better go now, Javon and Tala are probably wondering what happened to me last night." I said before releasing a sigh and getting up.
"Uhm... about Javon... I spotted him kissing another girl last night at the Party." he said in a shaky voice,
"Oh..." I simply replied, it's not like I care. I don't have feelings for him anyway, and this is a good motive to finally break up with him.
"Just that? Oh? It doesn't bother you?" he asked surprised,
"No, not really." I replied and shrugged my shoulders. "I should go now..." I finally added and walked downstairs, followed by Michael.

He walked me outside and told Bill to escort me back home.

"Listen, about the entire situation with Lisa... I'm truly sorry, I didn't know about that. I'll have another talk with her, but for now, don't worry. You don't need to keep a distance from me, okay?" he said in a sweet tone, flashing me a big smile. I simply nodded and faked a smile.

He then leaned in to hug me, before I stepped inside the car, while Bill started driving escorting me back home.
God... this is such a mess. How did I end up in a situation like this?

After a long ride, I finally arrived home. I thanked Bill and stepped out of the car, making my way inside. Tala was sitting on the couch, eating cereal.

"There you are! God, I've been looking for you all night!" she exclaimed worried, while turning off the TV.
"Really? It doesn't look like you bothered anyway..." I replied and tried to walk into my room, but she stopped me.
"Hey, what's wrong? Where have you been?" she asked while looking at me.
"Apparently I got drunk, and Michael hospitalised me in one of his guest rooms. And apparently I said about that problem with Lisa... and she even told him that I fell for him." I replied, her eyes went wide.
"Shit! Did he believe her?" she asked,
"No. Which is good. Sorry, I need some rest, my head is about to explode." I said and walked into my room.

I quickly took a shower and put my pyjamas on, before tucking myself under the bedsheets and falling asleep again.