Chapter 45

May 6th, 1996
*Myra's POV*

In February, me and Michael had our interview, we thought this way the press would calm down, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I realised and accepted the fact, that we can't change the situation.
I love him, and I decided to to be with him, so I have to accept this new lifestyle. And it's okay...
In time I got used to this situation.

Like promised, Annie came over to the Ranch with the kids, every second weekend. Even though Michael wasn't there sometimes - because of some work to do - we still had a good time together.

Talking about Michael... he has been very absent lately, which is weird, because I have never experienced him being that absent for so long since we ever started dating. I tried not to think too much about it, since he is probably just working hard.
His new Album got released in June of last year, and I heard that they are planning his HIStory Tour which should begin in September this year. He still goes to the Studio, to work on some new songs, plus he has a lot of meetings... that's probably the main reason why he's so absent, right?

I even talked with Tala about this, and she agrees on my theory.

It is now 10 p.m. and I am laying all alone in our bed, Michael isn't here. I always try to stay awake and see if he comes home, so that we can talk, but he always arrives late at night when I'm already asleep.
When I ask him in the morning, he says that he had a long Studio session.

I really do not want to overthink or get suspicious, because I know his heart and I know he would never ever cheat on me. But at the end of the day, I'm just a woman, and it's my nature to overthink sometimes.

June 10th, 1996

I was now in Tala's apartment - my old apartment - we decided to spend a girls day together, simply chatting and gossiping about things, watching movies and stuff like that.

Believe it or not, at some point I start feeling lonely, when I'm all alone at our house in Neverland.

"So how are things going between you and Michael? Have you talked to him?" she asked while she was preparing some snacks,
"I tried to ask him in the morning, but he keeps saying that's he has been busy with long Studio sessions and meetings since they're planning his upcoming Tour." I replied and released a sigh,
"Don't worry, I believe he's saying the truth. I mean, he's the king of Pop after all, of course he's busy with work. But hey, you are going to be lucky enough to go on Tour with him, no?" she asked with a grin plastered on her face,
"Who knows... I'd love that." I replied and smiled widely.

Once the snacks were ready, we walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa. Right when she was about to play the film we chose to watch, the News Channel started talking about Michael.

"Breaking News: we just found out, that Michael Jackson and his good friend Debbie Rowe, are expecting their first child. The question that we all have is, what about his girlfriend Myra Diaz?" the woman of the News Channel said, and that's.... that's when my heart literally stopped beating, everything went black in front of my eyes, I couldn't breathe, I started sweating, my hands were iced cold. In a split second, I couldn't see nor hear anything. Tala's voice sounded far away...

Next thing I knew is, when I woke up, I found myself laying in a bed. A white ceiling was the first thing I've seen. I looked around and noticed some cabled attached on me. I'm in a hospital?!

"Myra? Hey, can you hear me?" Tala whispered softly, she was sitting on a chair next to me, caressing my arm. I gulped. My throat was extremely dry.
"W-what happened?" I whispered in a raspy voice,
"You had a panic attack... thank god Michael's securities were outside, they immediately escorted you to the Hospital. They gave you some medicines, you're okay." she explained in a calm tone. That's when I remembered... the news.

*Michael's POV*

My life has been a mess lately. Around April, a good friend of mine, Debbie, reached out to me. We met a few times and we talked a lot.

At some point, we started talking about children, having a family. Well, I told her that I'm looking forward on having children with Myra, since that is one of her biggest dreams as well. That's when Debbie started messing with my mind, telling me that she's too young, that I've already messed up her life with my fame...
That she had to sacrifice her entire life for me, putting herself in the spotlight, and having a pregnancy at such a young age wouldn't make it any easier.

She kept telling me this over and over again, to the point where she convinced me, and she offered to carry my child. It was almost like she manipulated me, but she is kinda right. I have messed enough with Myra's life, she had to quit her job which meant a lot to her, she gave up the life she has built for herself since she ever moved here... for me.

I kept meeting with Debbie in secret, not telling Myra, and I felt like the worst idiot.
This morning, Debbie found out that she's pregnant with my first child, and her pregnancy is now all over the News.
The worst part is: the News also just said, that Myra has been rushed to the hospital. She probably just found out about Debbie, and once again, it's all my fault.

I tried calling her multiple times, but nothing. I also tried calling Tala, but still nothing.
In the end, I decided to call my securities who were with her today, and they said that they are still in the Hospital. I immediately called Bill and he was now escorting me to the Hospital where Myra is, even though I know that she probably don't want to talk to me.

Once I arrived, a big crowd of paparazzi's, fans and tabloids were standing outside the building. I quickly rushed inside and asked for her room. When I finally arrived, Tala stopped me.

"Michael, don't..." she warned me,
"Tala, please, I need to talk to her." I whispered, while worry started taking advantage of me. She then pulled me outside and closed the door behind her.
"Do you have a clue what you just did to her? How much pain you gave her? How could you?" she said in a serious tone.
"I know and I'm sorry, I feel like the worst idiot, but I have an explanation for this." I replied in a shaky voice,
"Oh really? And what is it?" she asked while crossing her arms.
"I promise I'll tell you, but first I need to talk to her. How is she doing? What happened?" I asked,
"She had a panic attack but she's doing better now... I'll give you five minutes. Five minutes, and if you're not done until then, I'll have to kick you out." she said, I nodded and stepped inside.

Her weak body was laying on the stretcher, and as soon as she layed her eyes on me I could hear the monitor how her heartbeat sped up.

"Myra... I'm so sorry..." I whispered while walking closer,
"Don't... come any closer. Get out of here." she said in a serious tone, looking away from me.
"Please let me explain..." I whispered, walking closer until I reached the side of the stretcher.
"I don't want to hear it, Michael. Leave. I don't want to see your face ever again! I tried to convince myself, that I shouldn't be overthinking, because I knew you, I knew your heart and I knew you wouldn't cheat... little did I know, that I was wrong. I never knew you. You did me dirty... I hate you. And now, leave!" she said as she started raising her voice.

Her words were full with anger, disappointment, sadness... it hurt my heart and my soul, but she had every right to react like that, I couldn't blame her.
But on one thing she was wrong: she did know me, she did know my heart.

"I'm truly sorry, Myra... I wish you could let me explain." I whispered, trying hard to fight back the tears.
"I'm sure your explanation will not makeup on the pain that you've given me. Now leave." she said once again.
"If that's what you want... I'll respect your decision." I whispered, and left.