Chapter 30

December 25th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

I've called Michael yesterday, while I had a breakdown, and explained him my mom's situation. He insisted on giving him the address, he wants to come here.

Now it's the next morning, and it's currently 8 a.m.
He called me one hour ago telling me that he was about to go on his private Jet, which means that's he's going to be here around 11.

I quickly got out of bed and rushed to the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. Once that was done, I walked back to my old room, and picked out an outfit for today: since I was not really feeling in a Christmas mood, I opted for some black jeans and a red wool sweatshirt.
I did my makeup and hair, and walked into my mom's bedroom, sitting next to her.

"Maligayang pasko, nanay. (Merry Christmas, mom)" I whispered before placing a soft kiss on the back of her hand.
"Feliz Navidad, mi niña. (Merry Christmas my child)" a female voice behind me said, I turned around and smiled widely, while my aunt walked closer to me.
"Feliz Navidad, tía. (Merry Christmas, aunt)" I replied before getting up and hugging her.
"Tal vez no sea visible, pero estoy segura que ella está feliz de tenerte aquí. (Maybe it's not visible, but I'm sure that she's happy to have you here.)" she then said smiling at me, I smiled and nodded.
"Lo se... (I know)" I replied before looking back at my mom. "A propósito, un buen amigo mío viene hoy de los Estados Unidos, espero que esté bien para ti. (By the way, a good friend of mine is coming from America today, I hope it's okay for you.)" I then said looking back at my Aunt.
"Uhh, USA? Claro que si. I can't wait to meet him." she replied smiling widely, making me giggle. "When is he going to be here?" she then asked.
"By 11, I believe." I replied.
"Bueno, entonces debo ir a la cocina para preparar algo bonito. (Well, then I must go in the kitchen and prepare something delicious.)" she joked, patting on my shoulder before leaving and walking into the kitchen.

Around 11 a.m. I heard knocking on the door.

"Ya voy, tía (I'm going, aunt)" I shouted, and walked to the door, opening it. Michael and ... Elizabeth Taylor were standing in front me ?!
"M-Michael... I didn't know that Elizabeth was coming with you." I whispered clearly surprised, they both smiled widely.
"Surprise! Merry Christmas, dear. Nice to meet you." she said before stepping forward and embracing me in a sweet hug, I smiled and hugged her back.
"U-uhm, nice to meet you too, Mrs. Taylor. Merry Christmas. Please, come inside." I said before stepping back and welcoming her inside. Michael also stepped forward and hugged me tight.
"Merry Christmas, maganda." he whispered,
"Merry Christmas, applehead." I whispered back, before stepping away.

"What a lovely house." Elizabeth said, while looking around and smiling widely.
"Thank you very much!" my aunt commented while walking out of the kitchen with a tray full of Christmas cookies. She placed it down on the table and walked closer to us.
"Michael, Mrs. Taylor, this is my Aunt Graciela." I said,
"It's a pleasure to meet you." Michael said, while reaching out his hand to her, but my aunt was literally shocked when she actually noticed that it was Michael Jackson.
"Mi niña... ese no es... Michael Jackson? (My child, isn't this... Michael Jackson?)" she whispered, I giggled.
"Yes aunt, es el. (It's him)" I replied. She then stepped forward and hugged him.
"Ay, you don't know how happy I am to meet you Mr. Jackson." she said before stepping back, Michael giggled and nodded, before slightly bowing as a thank you.

Once they all introduced to each other, we all took a seat around the dining table.

"Myra, my dear, how is your mother doing? Michael told me everything..." Elizabeth said in a gentle and sweet tone, while looking at me. I gulped.
"She's.... not doing good." I replied honestly, looking down at my hands.
"May I meet her?" Michael asked, and that question... has left me speechless.

*Michael's POV*

Once I asked Myra if I can meet her mother, she looked shocked and speechless.

"Y-you really want to meet her?" she asked almost whispering, I smiled widely and nodded. "Okay... this way." she said while getting up.

I slowly followed her, until we both stepped inside a bedroom.
The room was completely dark and cold, a woman was laying on the bed, starring in a blank place... there were pills and a water bottle standing on a bed side table. I could immediately feel the hurt and pain inside this room.
I looked over at Myra, and she was still standing at the door, with a sad look on her face.

She then grabbed my hand and walked me closer to the bed...

"Nanay? Isa itong mabuting kaibigan ko... Michael... Michael Jackson." she whispered gently, while looking at her mom. She then looked over at me and smiled. I slightly smiled back and nodded, while gently grabbing the woman's hand.
"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Diaz... y-your daughter has talked a lot about you. I'm truly sorry for everything... I wish you a Merry Christmas. May God bless you, m'am." I gently said. That's when I noticed how her eyes slowly moved in my direction, meeting mine. Myra gasped. "What?" I asked looking at her, her face was now pale.
"S-she n-never ... she never showed any reaction when someone talked to her. But she just did, with you..." she explained in a shaky voice,
"Really?" I asked surprised, she simply nodded. I then felt how her mother slightly tightened the grip on my hand, making me look back into her eyes. "Don't worry m'am... I'll take good care of your daughter. When she's with me, she will always be safe." I whispered and smiled brightly. Soon I noticed how a tear rolled down her cheek. I gently wiped it away, before stepping back.

Myra was now sobbing. I immediately embraced her in a sweet hug, and held her tight to me.

"I'm here now, Myra... you are not alone." I whispered softly, while caressing her back.

Once she calmed down, we walked back into the living room, and we started giving each other some presents.
Me and Liz tried our best to paint a smile on this family's faces, we tried our best to bring some joy into their lives.
Myra has just become my number one priority...