Chapter 51

November 25th, 1996
*Myra's POV*

Me and my mother have just been escorted to the Airport from the securities, we are now about to step inside the plane, headed to the Philippines.

Of course the securities are coming with us.

We made our check in, and walked inside the plane, taking a seat in our seats. This is going to be a very long flight, I think it's about 22 hours or something like that. Me and my mom will have a lot of time to talk now.

Soon enough, the plane started moving.

"So... how did you two meet?" my mom asked curiously,
"Pardon?" I asked while looking at her,
"You and ..." she whispered, I gulped.
"Oh..." I replied, I took a deep breath. "I was working in a kindergarten, and I have heard from a magical Ranch where kids could have a lot of fun, I didn't know that he owned that Ranch. So one day I decided to take the kids on a trip there, and that's basically how we met, I guess." I explained, trying not to cry. I ended up smiling like an idiot, at the memory of me and him together back then...

I started explaining her everything, and she listened silently.

"You really love him, don't you?" she then asked when I was finished, I sighed.
"I do... if I knew that it would've ended this way, I would have never...-" I started but stopped, trying to fight back the tears.
"Myra... listen... life is not easy. You will get hurt and betrayed from a lot of people in this world, you are the only one whom you can rely on. But if there is one mistake that you would do, is to fight back your feelings for someone. You can't command your heart... the heart wants what it wants. And you have to listen to it. Why don't you at least try to hear his explanation? Maybe you two can... I don't know, solve your problems and stay good friends." she said softly. She's right, she's so right...
"It's not easy, nanay..." I whispered,
"I know, nothing is easy in life." she replied smiling looking at me,
"Give him at least the opportunity to explain himself." she whispered again while caressing my cheek,
"I'll think about it..." I then said and looked outside the window.

The entire sky was covered in beautiful, soft, white clouds... I started to sink into my thoughts, and without even noticing, my eyes shut and I fell in a deep slumber.

_____________________

At some point, I felt tapping on my shoulder.

"Myra? Mahal ko?" my mom whispered softly, "we're here." she then said. I opened my eyes and looked around. The people in the plane started leaving, so I quickly got up and we both made our way outside.

The securities immediately escorted us outside the airport, and we stepped inside the car. Shortly after, my mom gave the securities the direction, and we started making our way to my family's place.

I looked outside the window the entire time, admiring the streets of my hometown. I haven't been here in forever.

After a few minutes we arrived, and the car stopped right in front of the so-called-house of my family. Yes, people here live poorly... but that is not what matters to us, because even if people live poorly in villages like these, they heart are still full of love. And that is what truly matters.
Me and my mother quickly exited the car, and walked to the front door, knocking a few times. Shortly after, the door swung open, revealing my aunt. She looked surprised to see us there...

"Myra? Sofia?" she whispered, while her tears filled up with tears.
"Hi tita. (Hi aunt)" I said and stepped forward, embracing her in a sweet hug. Next on, was my mother. She then welcomed us inside, while the securities brought our luggage inside.
"Matagal na kitang hindi nakikita. (I haven't seen you in such a long time)" my aunt then said, "bata ka pa nung huli kitang nakita. (You were still a child when I've seen you last time.)" she then added looking at me.
"Alam ko... ang sarap sa pakiramdam na bumalik ka namiss kita. (I know... it feels good to be back, I missed you.)" I then replied.

Shortly after, my uncle and my cousins also appeared, and they were just as shocked as my aunt was a few minutes ago. It was a pretty emotional moment for all of us... but it really did feel good to be back. This is my home. My father's home.

*Michael's POV*

I was now in my Hotel in Adelaide, Australia. I have a few more Shows to do in Australia, before we head off to the Philippines.

I have to admit that I'm pretty exhausted. I hate to Tour, it's all so stressful, exhausting... but on the other side, I love it, because you can see the fans supporting you all around the world. They are all so loving and supporting, they sing to my songs, get emotional... there are at least 5.000 people fainting in every show. They know every step of dance, every word of my songs... it's so beautiful to see. I love meeting them, when I can. And I love visiting ill children in hospitals or in orphanage's between my shows.

My marriage with Debbie is still all over the News, and I've been receiving so many requests for interviews... I already had an interview while I was in Brisbane, and I told my manager Frank that that would've been the only one where I would've go. I don't want any more interviews. I hate them.
I've always had struggles with my appearance, I've always seen myself as ugly and I hate to make public appearances. That's one of the reasons why I don't like interviews.

And if you think that they would simply ask about me and Debbie, then you're wrong. Of course they also asked about Myra, and that's something that I don't like to talk about, especially in television.

I tried talking to Bill again, to see if he knew something about her, what she was up to and how she was doing. But he kept repeating that he can't tell me... the only thing he said was that she was about to leave Mexico.

The thought of her travelling the world all by herself made me feel anxious. I know what paparazzi's and tabloids were capable to do, how harsh and unkind they can be, that's why I worry so much about her.
I care about her and her safety. I could never forgive myself if something might happen to her because of me...

Today we are all trying to get some rest, since we have another Show tomorrow. After this one we are going to attend three more Shows in Perth, and on December 6th we are leaving for the Philippines. Myra's second hometown.
We have talked about going to visit there together so many times, and now that I will be going alone without her... makes me feel sick to my stomach.
Maybe I should try calling her? Maybe she will answer this time?
God, I haven't heard her voice in forever... I miss her more than anything else.