Chapter 47

August 25th, 1996
*Michael's POV*

I am now gathered together with my crew, rehearsing for the upcoming Tour which is going to start in less than two weeks. We are leaving on September 4th for Prague, the first show is going to be 3 days after our arrival.

I'm trying hard to focus, but it's really hard. I can't stop thinking about Myra... where is she? What is she doing? Is she okay? Is she safe? How is she doing? Is she alone? Is she still in pain? Is she thinking about me?
These thoughts won't even let me sleep at night... it's terrible.

I've asked Bill if he has provided some bodyguards for her, wherever she is, and he said yes.
I really hope that she is safe. I wish I could talk to her, at least for five minutes. But would that help?

We spent the entire day rehearsing, these has been pretty tough weeks, and my entire crew has been working really hard. I truly appreciate their hard work, this Tour is going to be fantastic.

During a 10 minute break, I went backstage, walking into my dressing room and taking a seat on the sofa, taking a sip from my water bottle. Shortly after, Frank - my manager - walked in and sat down next to me.

"Is everything okay, Mike?" he asked looking at me, I forced a smile and nodded.
"Yes, everything is fine." I replied, trying to sound realistic.
"Are you sure? You seem to be... out of yourself. Is there something that is bothering you?" he asked worried, I sighed.
"I have been having a lot of thoughts lately... that's it." I replied while releasing a loud sigh,
"About Myra?" he asked, I gulped and nodded. "Have you tried calling her?" he then asked.
"No, she doesn't want to hear me. She doesn't even want me to know where she is. Bill knows, but he is not willing to tell me. I just want to make sure that she's okay." I replied almost whispering, he then placed his hand on my shoulder, trying to comfort me.
"You'll see, whenever she feels ready, she will reach out to you." he said in a calm tone,
"I don't think so, Frank... she hates me." I whispered in a shaky voice, while a tear rolled down my cheek.
"She doesn't hate you, buddy. She loves you... but you hurt her, really bad... that's why she said that." he said.

I covered my face with my hands, literally sobbing. What if she really hates me? I can't lose her... without her I'm nothing.
Once I've calmed down, we finished our rehearsal, and after a long day of work I got escorted back home and I tried to get some rest, which turned out to be unsuccessful.

September 7th, 1996

Today is the big day, our first Show. The first show of the HIStory Tour. There are going to be 125,000 people who are going to attend the first Show.

The entire crew is super excited, and very nervous. But I know that they are going to be great. They are good people and we worked really hard to make the best out of this Tour.

Once it was time, I made my way on stage, and the first Song that I'm going to perform is 'Scream'. The audience went crazy, everybody was chanting, screaming and singing almost as loud as me.
I kept performing song after song, trying to deliver the best I can for my fans.

After about two hours, we finished the Show with the Song 'Heal The World' followed by 'History'.

"I love you!" I shouted to the audience, blowing them a kiss, before leaving the stage.

The first Show was officially successful, and the adrenaline is kicking real high. I have to admit that I'm pretty exhausted, I can't wait to get back to my Hotel Room and get some rest.

*Myra's POV*

It has been over a month, since my arrival in Mexico, and I'm still staying here with my mother. I feel safe here, and I'm not planning on going back home soon...
Bill has also provided some bodyguards for me, since he and Michael seemed to be extremely worried for me. They would stay outside my mother's house, and they would also escort me wherever I need to go.

People ended up recognising me, and just like I thought, they followed me everywhere, asking me bunch of questions about Michael.
It's almost like living in a nightmare...
Who would've thought that my life would end up like this?

My mother has been doing sooo much better, she walks around the House now, she would sit with me and my aunt at the dining table to enjoy launch and dinner together. I am so happy to see the big steps forward that she has taken.

I was now in the kitchen with my aunt, preparing launch, while my mom was sitting on the couch in the living room. Suddenly, I heard her shouting.

"Myra! You have to see this!" she shouted, I quickly ran over to her, extremely scared and worried.
"What happened?" I asked, she then smiled brightly and pointed at the TV. I looked over and noticed that it was Michael's first Show of the History Tour. A lump started forming in my throat... I haven't seen him in forever... and I have to admit, that he looked good. Especially in those golden pants... I missed his voice. His face. His smile.
"Estás bien mi niña? (Are you okay, my child?)" my aunt asked, who was now standing next to me, caressing my back. I clenched my jaw, trying hard to fight the tears. I looked up to her and forced a smile.
"Si. No te preocupes tía. (Yes. Don't worry, aunt.)" I replied.

I looked one more time at the TV, before walking back into the kitchen. That's when I burst out in tears... I am still hurting because of what Michael has done to me. But even though I'm hurting, I can't stop missing him. My stupid heart still loves that man... he will always have a special place in my heart. But I just can't forgive him... he hurt my soul.

"Why did you do that to me, Mike?" I whispered to myself in a cracked voice, while I sobbed. I leaned against the wall and slide down to the floor, covering my face with my hands. I felt like breaking inside.

When will this end?...

"Myra? Oh, mi amor..." my aunt said as she walked inside, walking closer to me. She picked me up, and embraced me in a warm hug.
"I know it hurts... let it all out." she whispered softly, while caressing my back. And I did, I hid my face in the crook of her neck and released a loud scream, while tears kept rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably.
"Duele mucho, tía... cuándo terminará esto? (It hurts so much, aunt... when will this end?)" I asked in between the sobs,
"Lo se, mi amor, lo se. El tiempo curará todas las heridas. (I know, my love, I know. Time will heal all wounds.)" she whispered softly.

After that breakdown, I tried to calm down, and ended up laying in bed, while my aunt finished preparing launch. Yet, I wasn't hungry. I preferred to stay in bed instead.
I can't do this anymore...
To think that I've shared this bed with him multiple times... we cuddled together in this bed, we kissed, we loved each other... and now, I'm here all alone, by myself.