Chapter 63

June 6th, 1997
*Myra's POV*

A week ago, Lisa-Marie came to visit me, I punched her right into her face and broke her nose. Since then, it was all over the News. Anxiety and fear started growing within me and Tala, to the point where she said that she has contacted Michael's lawyer... Mr. Mesereau. Just in case that bitch might report me to the police.

Mr. Mesereau has contacted me and we scheduled an appointment in his office for today, and that's why I am now in the car with one of the securities, which are escorting me to Mesereau's office. I have to admit that I'm pretty nervous, anxious, and scared. I would have never imagined that Lisa would come visit me, nor that she would blackmail me nor that I would assault her. But here I am... my life couldn't get any worse.

When we finally arrived, I stepped out of the car and the security walked me inside.
Mr. Mesereau welcomed me into his office, and we both sat down by his desk. I started explaining to him the entire situation, no lying.

"Okay Mrs. Diaz, now listen carefully ... you said that Mrs. Presley suddenly appeared at your apartment one day, and she blackmailed you, threatening that she would expose intimate and private information about you to the press. Is that right?" he said in a calm tone,
"Correct." I replied, while my legs were literally shaking.
"Okay... indeed, blackmailing someone is a crime of extortion, which is illegal. If you want, you can also report Mrs. Presley. And since she has started all of this, her penalty is going to be much worse than yours, since you were simply trying to defend yourself. It's all up to you." he explained,
"Oh... and... uhm, would that help in my situation? What would you recommend me to do?" I asked nervously.
"Mrs. Diaz, I can't tell you what to do... but I would recommend to fight against Presley, if you want to save yourself. I mean, she started all of this, and she has also committed a crime. There is also another option... we can meet with Mrs. Presley and her lawyer, maybe we can solve this situation in an extrajudicial way, out of court." he replied honestly,
"Yes, I would prefer that option." I said. He nodded.
"Okay... I'm going to contact her lawyer and discuss some things with him, I am going to reach out to you as soon as we've scheduled an appointment. Is that alright for you?" he gently asked,
"Of course, thank you so much Mr. Mesereau." I replied as we both stood up.
"No problem. Have a nice day, Mrs. Diaz." he said and shook my hand. I slightly smiled and said my goodbyes, before walking out of his office.

The security who was waiting outside for me, walked me back to the car and immediately escorted me back home.

"So? How did it go?" Tala asked as soon as I stepped inside our apartment, I sighed.
"It went good... we're trying to solve this situation in an extrajudicial way, out of court. If she and her lawyer accept, good, if not... I'm going to report her as well, because she also committed a crime. Blackmailing someone is crime for extortion, I only defended myself." I explained,
"Damn... what I'd do to kill that bitch." she hissed,
"Yea... I wouldn't recommend that, look what's happening to me." I whined and sat down on the sofa.
"So... are you really going to do as she said? Keeping your distance from Michael again? This is starting to get toxic..." she said as she sat down next to me.
"I know... but I have to, what if she really has proof and exposes everything to the media? I would rather kill myself other than being embarrassed and humiliated by the entire world." I honestly replied, she released a heavy sigh.
"This is all messed up, huh?" she then mumbled,
"Yea... my life is a mess." I whispered, starring in a blank space.

*Michael's POV*

I just finished my second Show in Bremen, Germany, and I immediately rushed back to my Hotel, longing to know how Myra's appointment with Mr. Mesereau went.
I talked with Tala, and she told me about today's appointment. But since she is probably with Myra right now, the only option is to call Mesereau and ask him how it went.

Once I arrived in my room, I immediately grabbed my phone and called my lawyer.

"Mesereau." he said,
"Hello, Mr. Mesereau, it's Jackson. I'm calling to know how the appointment with Mrs. Diaz went..." I said nervously,
"Mr. Jackson, it's good hearing you again. The appointment with Mrs. Diaz went good, she explained to me the entire situation and she decided to try and solve the situation in an extrajudicial way, out of court. I am going to contact Mrs. Presley's lawyer soon and check if they are willing to cooperate with us, if they won't, I recommend Mrs. Diaz to report Presley as well since also committed a crime of extortion." he explained,
"That sounds good... what is going to happen to Myra if she is going to report Mrs. Presley?" I asked worried,
"Nothing is going to happen to her, Mr. Jackson. They both committed a crime, and I'm more than sure that they are going to have a fair trial, maybe they'll have to pay a bail, but that's it." he honestly replied, "I am going to do my best to defend Mrs. Diaz, don't worry." he added.
"Thank you very much, Mr. Mesereau." I said, and we said our goodbyes before hanging up.

I walked outside the balcony and looked up at the stars, that's when I remembered something...
The night in Honolulu, where me and Myra were outside the balcony, the night sky fully covered by sparkly and shiny stars... we had a deep conversation, and that night, we decided to give our relationship another try, by picking up the shredded pieces one by one. What happened to that? We've lost it all... how can it be that we keep losing each other?

"God, please, don't let me lose her again... I love her, and I need her. I'm sure she needs me as much as I do. Why isn't it working the way it should be?" I whispered while looking at the stars.

I can't let this happen, I can't let her slip away again ... I have to fight for her. Lisa won't expose anything to the press, because I won't let it happen. Lisa-Marie, you and I need to have a chat.