Chapter 24

September 8th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

Things between me and Michael kept getting even more weird with the more time that goes by, and people started noticing the differences.
Including Lisa and Javon. Which is the main reason why I decided to take some time off from Michael... I can't let my feelings grow bigger for him, and I certainly don't want him to get suspicious.

Lisa also started showing signs of jealousy, and I didn't want to be the reason of their split up, in case something like that could happen. She started looking at me in a different way, giving me threatening and angry looks. So maybe it's better this way...

Today, after I finished my work day at Kindergarten, I rushed home, quickly showered and put my pyjamas on and cooked dinner before me and Tala sat down on the couch in front of the TV.
Michael and Lisa are going to appear at the MTV Music Video Award, and I don't want to miss it.

Thankfully, I did everything in time, because as soon as we sat down and turned the TV on, the program was starting.
After a while, they finally made their way on stage.
Michael started his speech, and once he was done, he and Lisa kissed, making the crowd go crazy.

I almost choked on the food that I was chewing...
So now they made their relationship/marriage public.
I was so dumb to think that maybe he was starting to develop feelings for me...

"You okay?" Tala asked while looking at me,
"Yea... I'm good." I replied and forced a smile.

Once these two left the stage, I stood up and started washing the dishes.
I then said my good night to Tala and walked into my room, tucking myself under the bedsheets.

I have to let him go... I can't keep doing this. I can't clench on him like this. He's married and he loves his wife. There is no way that something could be going between me and him, and it's just not right from me to get in their ways.

At some point I started having tremendous headache, and so I fell asleep.

September 9th, 1994

When I woke up, I noticed on my phone a few missed calls from Michael. I was sleeping so I didn't hear it.
I don't have the time to call him back now, so maybe it's better if I just ignore it.

I quickly started getting ready and prepared breakfast, before headed to the kindergarten.
The children are my therapy, whenever I'm with them all my problems seem to dissolve...
Little did I know, then when I arrived in the kindergarten, I would meet someone unexpected.

"Lisa? What are you doing here?" I asked as I stepped inside, looking at her while she was playing with the kids.
"Hi Myra... I came here because I need to talk to you." she said with a fake smile plastered on her face, my heart was now beating faster then a drum. I quickly took off my jacket, hanging it on the wall, before signing her to follow me in the office.

Once we stepped inside, we sat down in front of each other.

"What's the matter? It must be important if you made you way until here." I said nervously while looking at her,
"It is. I wanted to talk about you and Michael." she said seriously, I gulped.
"About m-me and Michael?" I asked,
"Yes. I've noticed the bond and the relationship you two have... and I'm not stupid. I can see it even miles away, that he's more than just a friend to you, am I right?" she said, my hands were now sweaty and shaky. How did she notice?
"U-uhhh... I don't know what you mean..." I replied almost whispering,
"Oh, you do know what I mean... listen. He doesn't feel the same way about you... and you're hurting yourself by staying by his side. Isn't it better if you just keep your distance? Or do you want to ruin our marriage? This love between you two, it's platonic." she explained, and that's when a lump started to form in my throat.
"Y-you're right... I-I'm sorry for the intrusion between the two of you..." I replied, trying to hold back my tears.
"Just keep your distance... for the sake of your own health and of our marriage. Okay?" she said, I simply nodded.

She then got up and left. I couldn't hold it anymore, so I burst in tears ... hiding my face into my hands.
I knew that something like that would happen... it was about time. She's right though, it's for the sake of my own health. Even if it hurts to lose my best friend, I have to do it for myself and for his happiness too. I don't have another choice.

*Michael's POV*

When I woke up, I didn't see Lisa laying next to me in bed.
I grabbed my phone and checked if I had any missed calls, but nothing. Myra hasn't even called me back yet.

I quickly put my clothes on and walked downstairs, looking around.

"Bill?" I said as I opened the front door,
"Yes Sir?" he replied looking at me,
"Where is my wife?" I asked,
"I'm here. Good morning, baby." she said while stepping out of the car, smiling brightly, walking closer and pecking my lips.
"Where have you been?" I asked curiously while we both walked back inside the house,
"Oh, uhm.. I had to check on my kids." she replied. Right... she has two children, whom she had with her first husband. I simply nodded.

We then took a seat around the dining table and got ready to have breakfast.

"Have you heard of Myra? I tried calling her last night, but she hasn't call me back until now just yet." I said, that's when I noticed how the look on her face changed.
"Uhh, no, I haven't. Maybe she's just busy, why don't you give her some time?" she replied,
"You're right..." I said before releasing a heavy sigh.

Myra has been acting quite distant the past few days, and things were getting weird between the two of us.
I couldn't really understand why is that, but I surely didn't like to keep the distance between us. I hated to stay far away from her, she's my best friend, she's always there when I need her... she's my other half. I miss the good old days when we talked over the phone every night... or how she used to come visit me and we would go running around the Ranch, playing water balloon fights or going on some rides.

But I guess things started to change when I started officially dating Lisa-Marie...