Chapter 15

March 18th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

It's finally Friday. I can't wait to get some more sleep.
Javon and I kept meeting and talking over the phone. Even though it feels weird, I have to admit that I like his company. Don't misunderstand me though, we're just friends. I mean ... maybe he sees it as dating, but for me it's just hanging out like friends.

When I told Michael over the phone about me and Javon, he sounded... weird. He wasn't jealous, right? I mean, why should he be jealous, we're just best friends, nothing more.

Like usual, around 4:30 p.m. the parents came to pick up their children and once I said my goodbyes to Annie I walked outside and was surprised to see Javon standing by a car. As soon as our eyes met he smiled at me and started walking closer.

"Hi. How was work?" he asked as he embraced me in a quick friendly hug,
"Hi, uhm, it was good thanks. What are you doing here?" I asked surprised.
"Oh, I thought you would like to go grab something to eat." he replied while flashing me a big smile.
"Uhm... sure. You could've told me, though." I joked and we both giggled.

He then walked me to his car and escorted us in a diner, where we would grab something to eat.
Once we made our way inside and sat down at a table, people kept looking at us. It looks like... they recognised him? I mean, everyone knows that he's Michael Jackson's security, right? Or am I just tripping?

"Are you okay?" he asked me, snapping me back to reality.
"Y-yes. I was just wondering if these people may have recognised you, since they're starring at us." I replied, he then looked around and giggled.
"Well, yea, maybe. I'm Michael Jackson's security after all. I hope it's not a problem for you." he said looking deep into my eyes. I flashed him a shy smile.
"Not at all." I replied.

Soon, the waitress came and gave us our food. We then started eating and talking, having a good time together.

"How are things going between... Michael and Mrs. Presley?" I then asked curiously,
"I think good... it's not like I see them all the time, but I think it's going great. They have good harmony together, and they look really happy." he replied smiling at me. That's when I felt a lump forming in my throat. I simply nodded and forced a smile. "You two seem to get along very well too.. you're good friends, right?" he then asked.
"Actually, best friends, yea..." I replied. He nodded.
"He asked me a couple days ago if there's something going on between me and you." he said and released a giggle.
"He did?" I asked surprised, he nodded.
"Well, you told him... so..." he replied. Right...
"And what did you answer?" I then asked.
"That for now there's nothing going on, we're just hanging out and getting to know each other." he replied smiling widely while looking at me. I smiled back and nodded.

We then decided to go for a walk, and talked for the entire night. Sometimes I had a feeling that someone was following us... but I think I'm just being paranoid.
At some point, he escorted me back home and we said our good nights before he left.

"Javon, hm?" Tala asked, making me gasp. I didn't know she was behind me.
"Damn, Tala, you scared me." I said releasing a sigh.
"Javon, hm?" she repeated with a smirk on her face, I rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen to grab myself something to drink.
"Yea, and?" I asked before taking a sip.
"He's cute." she said while sitting on top of the kitchen counter, moving her legs back and forth.
"I guess, yea..." I said while looking at the glass of orange juice that I was holding in my hand.
"But he's not Michael... am I right?" she said before releasing a heavy sigh. That's when I looked up to her. I don't want to tell her how I really feel, I don't want her to think that I am weak...
"I'm over him." I said, even though I didn't mean it.
"You are?" she asked surprised, I simply nodded and finished drinking my juice.
"I'm going to bed, I'm exhausted. Good night, Tala." I said walking past her, going into my room.

I then changed into my pyjamas and tucked myself under the bedsheets, looking outside the window. I miss you, Michael...

*Michael's POV*

For days I couldn't stop thinking about Myra and Javon... I even asked him if there's something going on between them, but he simply said that they're just getting to know each other. Why do I even care? It's not like she's my girl. She's my best friend, I love Lisa-Marie.
But something inside of me, makes me feel angry and betrayed... alone the thought of these two hanging around and having fun together, makes me feel like I need to throw up.

"Baby what's going through your mind? It has been days ... you look weird. Talk to me." Lisa said while sitting on my lap and caressing my cheek, I sighed.
"There's nothing going on, Lisa, don't worry." I said and forced a smile while looking at her.
"Maybe I can help you..." she whispered and locked her lips onto mine.

This may not be the right solution, but she's my girlfriend after all... so I decided to let myself go and kissed her back. Soon we were in the middle of a make out session. We tossed and turned around in the bed sheets, until we were both naked and became one thing.

After Lisa-Marie fell asleep, I leaned against the bed headboard and looked outside the window.
I miss you, Myra...

April 5th, 1994

Today I decided to invite Myra and Javon for dinner with me and Lisa-Marie.
The sooner we do this, the sooner I'll get over it. But this dinner is very special for me, and I need my best friend's support during this... I haven't told Myra yet, but I am looking forward on telling her as soon as she arrives.
I want to propose to Lisa-Marie....

Around 7 p.m. we heard the door bell ringing. Me and Lisa walked towards it and opened it, revealing Myra and Javon standing next to each other. Myra looked... breathtaking. Javon's arm was wrapped around her waist, and that made me clench my jaw.

"Hii, it's so nice seeing you again, Myra." Lisa said as she hugged Myra. I looked at Javon and we gave ourselves a nod. After Myra stepped back from the hug with Lisa Marie she turned around to face me. We smiled at each other, before I embraced her in a long warm hug.
"Hi applehead." she whispered,
"Hi, Myra..." I whispered back, while hugging her tight.

Lisa then walked Javon over to the dining table, and that was the perfect moment for me to talk with Myra.

"Can we talk?" I asked her, looking deep into her eyes.
"Sure." she replied smiling.

We took a few steps further away, and I took a deep breath before talking.

"What's going on?" She asked,
"I ... wanted to ask you, if you'd like to support me with a decision that I've took... there's something that I would like to do tonight, after dinner." I explained in a shaky voice,
"What is it?" she asked confused,
"I want to propose to Lisa." I said after a few seconds of silence. She looked frozen. She didn't even move. "Myra?" I asked while looking at her, she gulped.
"A-are you sure?" she then asked, almost whispering. I smiled widely.
"Yes, I am." I replied. She then looked away...
"Okay... well... I am here to support you Michael, no matter what. Do what your heart wants you to do." she said with a serious look.
"I will... thank you, maganda." I whispered, that's when she looked back at me and flashed me a weak smile.

We then walked back to Lisa and Javon and started having dinner. Lisa couldn't contain herself and needed to ask them how things between them were going... she even said tons of compliments, like how cute they look together and stuff like that. That's ridiculous... he's not the right one for her... god, why do I care so much? Why do I feel like I've lost her?

After dinner, it was time for me to propose to Lisa... so I called everyone's attention, and once I had it, I stood up and grabbed the tiny box that I was hiding in my pants pocket, before going down on one knee in front of Lisa. She gasped and covered her mouth with her hand.

"Lisa-Marie... I have loved you in forever. You've always been the woman that I wanted to marry and have a future with... I remember, the day that I found out that you got married, I felt so upset and angry... because I wanted to be the one who was getting married to you. With you, I found happiness... and I love you more than words can express. That's why I'm asking you tonight, would you marry me?" I asked in a shaky voice while looking deep into her eyes, she smiled widely.
"YES!" she replied before pressing her lips onto mine.

I took the ring out of the box and put it on her finger, before embracing her in a sweet hug. Javon and Myra were applauding, while looking at us. The only difference is... Javon was smiling and happy for us, Myra otherwise looked... serious and sad.