Chapter 44

December 30th, 1995
*Myra's POV*

We just arrived in the Airport of Mexico, and a crowd of fans was chanting outside waiting to see Michael, while a car was waiting for us outside to escort us to my mothers house.

His securities quickly escorted us in the car, and we made our way to the house.
After about 15-20 minutes, we finally arrived, and my aunt was waiting at the main door for us.

"¡Ahi está ella! Mi hermosa sobrina! Te extrañé mucho, mi niña. (There she is! My beautiful niece! I missed you very much, my child.)" she said smiling brightly while me and Michael walked closer hand in hand.
"Yo también te extrañé mucho, tía." (I also missed you very much, aunt)" I replied as she embraced me in a warm hug. When we stepped back she looked at Michael and smiled widely.
"Come here. I missed you too!" she said with her mexican accent, Michael giggled and hugged her.
"I missed you too, Graciela. How are you?" he asked gently.
"Oh, I'm doing amazing, my dear. Please come inside." she replied and welcomed us inside.

I looked around, and everything looked the same. Was I expecting something else? For example, my mom walking around? Yea, but maybe I expected too much. Maybe she isn't doing better.

"Everything okay, mi amor?" she asked, snapping me back to reality, while Michael's securities put our luggage inside.
"Uhh, yea.." I replied, trying not to sound too disappointed.
"You were looking for her, didn't you?" she then asked, I sighed.
"Maybe..." I replied almost whispering.
"Go see her." she then said, flashing me a big smile. I furrowed my brows, confused, and did like she said, followed by Michael.

When I stepped inside her bedroom, she was laying in her bed like usual, but this time she had her back leaned against the bed headboard looking at the TV. My eyes immediately filled with tears and I smiled brightly. She looked over to me and smiled.

"Nanay? (Mom?)" I asked in a shaky voice as I walked closer to her, she reached her hand out to me and I immediately grabbed it, sitting down next to her.
"M-Myra..." she whispered in a cracked and raspy voice. That's when I lost it, I started sobbing, hiding my face into her chest.
"Kausap ka na naman? (You talk again?)" I asked as I looked back up to her, she simply smiled.
"She doesn't talk that much yet, she limits herself by calling us by our names. But she did took a lot of steps forward since you left last year, she eats now, she watches TV... I mean... last year she layed there, not responding to anything. Michael you really worked like magic, when you visited her." my aunt said with a big smile on her face, Michael was surprised and speechless.
"M-Michael..." my mother whispered again, looking at him. He quickly wiped his tears away and walked closer to us, gently grabbing my mother's hand.
"Nice to see you again, Mrs. Diaz. I'm glad to see that you're doing better. God bless you." he softly whispered, my mom smiled brightly while a tear rolled down her cheek.
"Mom... we have good news for you..." I said while I looked at her, she nodded.
"Oh, she knows. That's why she watches TV now." my aunt joked, we both looked at her. "She has been watching the News all the time, to see what you guys are up to. And when she found out that you two are dating, that's when she started calling us by our names." she added. I looked back to my mother, smiling brightly.
"Really?" I asked, she smiled and nodded. I couldn't help but shred tears of joy and hug her.

Michael then left us alone, while I talked to my mom, even though she didn't reply, I knew she was listening. She kept smiling at me and nodding. I was so happy to see that she was doing better.

January 6th, 1996

We are now back to the Neverland Ranch. The time we have spent in Mexico with my aunt and my mother was amazing. My mother promised that she would try her best to take some more steps forward, and I really hope she does. I asked my aunt to call me whenever my mom keeps getting better, so that I can celebrate with them, even when I'm far away.

Michael also enjoyed the time we have spent there. Things are going perfectly amazing. I couldn't be happier.

There is just one problem... the paparazzi's, fans and tabloids are not making our lives easier. To the point that I can't even go outside anymore. It has become worse.
And the question now is, how am I going to be able to go to work? That's how bad the situation is...
Michael knows that I don't want to quit my job, I love the children way too much and they're going to be so upset and disappointed if I leave them. But it seems like I have no other choice.

I talked to Annie, and she promised that she would bring the children over every second weekend here at the Ranch, so that we can spend some time together. I asked Michael, and he agreed with that. I guess it's better than nothing.

*Michael's POV*

My relationship with Myra has been breaking records on the media and on the news, to the point where she was forced to quit her job even though I knew how much it meant for her.

But we found a good solution with Annie, and the kids are going to come over every second weekend, so that they can spend quality time with Myra.

Frank also told me, that he has been getting a lot of requests for interviews... interviews for me and Myra. But he knows how much I hate to get interviewed and I don't want to put so much pressure on Myra.
That's why I was now in my office, arguing over the phone with Frank. Suddenly, Myra walked inside.

"I'll think about it..." I said and hung up on him, before giving all my attention to Myra.
"Is everything okay?" she asked worried, as she walked closer and sat down on my lap.
"Yea..." I replied while releasing a sigh.
"Michael, talk to me." she said and cupped my face, flashing me a sweet smile.
"Frank is getting a lot of requests lately for interviews... for us. He knows how much I hate being interviewed and I don't want to put that much pressure on you." I said, looking deep in her eyes.
"Don't worry about me... for me it's not a burden, I can do it for you, if you want. Maybe this way the press will calm down." she replied in a calm and soft tone,
"You're right... are you sure you want to do this?" I asked worried, she chuckled and pecked my lips.
"More than sure." she whispered on my lips, making me smile. I cupped her face and locked our lips in a sweet-romantic kiss. "Call Frank, tell him we accept one interview." she said, and right when she was about to stand up, I stopped her and made her sit on my desk. I stood up and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer.
"Mmh, just five more minutes." I whispered in a lower tone, with a grin plastered on my face. Right after, we locked our lips again, now in the middle of a makeout session.

I could never get enough from her. She always thinks positive and she always finds a solution for every problem.. she always sacrifices herself for my good, and that's exactly why I love her and why I can't be without her.