Chapter 11

February 5th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

I just finished getting ready for the dinner with Michael and his girlfriend. My outfit was pretty simple but classy at the same time: a black dress and some black heels. I softly curled my hair and put some makeup on.

"Are you sure that you wanna go? You can still call and say you don't feel good

"Are you sure that you wanna go? You can still call and say you don't feel good." Tala said as she appeared at my door, leaning her shoulder against it and crossing her arms while looking at me. I sighed.
"Yes, I'm sure, Tala. I have to do this." I replied while looking at her as well, she shook her head. She then took a few steps forward and placed her hand on my chest.
"You know your heart belongs to him... you just don't want to say it out loud. The more you'll keep it to yourself the worse it will get. Your father wouldn't want you to keep your mouth shut." she then said looking deep into my eyes. I gulped.
"Please, don't mention my father." I said in a serious tone, she flashed me a sweet smile.
"Call me if you need me... I'll be home." she then said before leaving my room.

She's right though... I grabbed my belongings and made my way outside the apartment. Right when I was about to call a taxi, I heard the sound of a horn. I looked up and it was a black car standing in front of me... Michael has sent me one of his securities.
I walked closer and stepped inside.

"Good evening, Mrs. Diaz" he said,
"Hi Bill." I replied while putting the belt on. Soon he started driving, and we made our two hours long ride to the Ranch.

After 2 long hours we finally arrived, and I could see Michael waiting at the main door for me. Here goes nothing, Myra. Gawin ang iyong makakaya. (do your best)
I stepped out of the car and walked closer to the main door. Michael smiled brightly and embraced me in a sweet-friendly hug.

"Hi, maganda." he whispered while holding me,
"Hi, applehead." I whispered back. We then both stepped back and he welcomed me inside.

That's when Lisa-Marie appeared... god, she looks even more gorgeous in person. How can I blame him? I can't compete with this goddess.

"Hi, you must be Myra. Michael has talked a lot about you." she says smiling while reaching out her hand to me, I gently grabbed and shook it, forcing a smile.
"Hi, yes. Oh, he did?" I asked surprised while looking over at him, he was now smiling shyly while scratching the back of his head. She giggled.
"Yes, absolutely. I couldn't wait to get to know you, Michael's friends are also my friends." she then replied, walking next to him and wrapping her arm around his waist. Calm down, Myra... calm down.
"You t-two look really cute together." I then said forcing a smile, while looking at them.

Shortly after a maid came up and walked us to the dining table, which was already fully decorated with tons of food. Even though I wasn't really hungry, I gave my best to not look suspicious.
Lisa-Marie started asking me bunch of questions, and I noticed how Michael looked at me sometimes.

*Michael's POV*

We were now sitting around the table, eating the delicious dinner, while Lisa started asking Myra bunch of questions.
I looked at her sometimes, and noticed that she looked somehow... different. She looked... heartbroken, like she was in pain. But I couldn't really understand why.

"Tell me, Myra, do you live with your family?" she asked her smiling brightly, I immediately eyed her.
"Lisa, don't." I warned her, she looked confused before looking back at Myra.
"No, it's okay Mike..." Myra replied, "uhm... I live with my best friend, Tala. My mom is in Mexico and my dad... died three years ago." she replied while looking at Lisa.
"Oh... oh my god, I'm so sorry I didn-" Lisa started,
"It's okay, you couldn't know." Myra replied forcing a smile.

There was silence for a while, until I decided to talk changing subject.

"Are you happy to get back to work again soon?" I asked Myra, she looked up to me and flashed me a faint smile,
"Oh yes, very happy. I miss the kids." she replied. She kinda lost that sparkle in her eyes... what happened to her?
"I'm sure they miss you too..." I then said almost whispering,
"Indeed they do. I call them everyday to make sure that they're doing fine." she then replied, and that answer truly surprised me.
"Y-you do?" I asked, she nodded.
"Wow, these children must really mean a lot to you." Lisa commented, receiving Myra's attention.
"They do. Children never betray you, they are loyal, honest, and pure." she replied, before giving me a look. That's when I understood... she meant me. The reason why she was feeling the way she does, is because of me. "Excuse me, I'll need to use the restroom." she said while standing up,
"You want me to show you?" Lisa asked,
"No need, I know where it is." Myra dryly answered before leaving.

I released a heavy sigh, looking down at my legs. I feel like the worst idiot...

"She... she's been here before?" Lisa asked confused,
"She's my best friend, of course she's been here before." I replied while looking up at her.
"Is there something that I don't know? I mean... you two are acting weird. What's the matter?" she asked,
"I don't know... I guess I just disappointed her or hurt her.. I'll go talk to her." I then said before standing up and walking over to the restroom, waiting for her to come out.

Shortly after she did, and gasped when she noticed me. Her makeup looked kinda... smudged.

"Did you cry?" I asked worried,
"N-no, I was just trying to adjust it but I made a mess." she said trying to joke, but it wasn't funny.
"Myra... talk to me. What's wrong?" I asked looking deep into her eyes, she gulped.
"Nothing's wrong, Michael. Why you asking?" she replied, forcing a smile.
"Stop forcing a smile, and stop acting like everything is fine, nothing is. There is something that you're not telling me, and I can see that you're hurting..." I spitted,
"What do you want me to tell you, hm? That I'm mad at you? Is that what you want to hear, Jackson?? There, I said it, I'm mad at you. You have disappeared for days, I haven't seen you or heard you, and suddenly I see a photo of you in TV that you were dating someone... I'm your best friend and you didn't even tell me. You don't need me anymore, right? Well, you could've at least tell me." she hissed, while tears started to form in her eyes.
"What are you talking about? Myra, listen... I'm sorry for hurting you, I still do need you. I still care about you, you mean so much to me... you made me smile and laugh again in a very long time, I am happy that I've met you and I miss our good old times together. I'm sorry for everything... please, forgive me." I said almost whispering.
"Is that what you want? Would that help to make your heart feel at ease? Alright, you're forgiven, Michael." she simply replied,
"Am I ?" I asked, still looking deep into her eyes, while taking a step closer.
"Yes. Now if you excuse me, I'd like to go back home... I'm exhausted." she then said before stepping back, "good night, Jackson." she added before leaving.

I leaned against the wall and released a sigh... why do I still feel like an idiot? Like I didn't resolve the problem? Why do I feel like I've lost her?