Chapter 20

June 3rd, 1994
*Myra's POV*

I just finished packing all my stuff, and was now about to go over to the kindergarten to pick up Annie and the children. Today, we are going to do the long awaited sleepover at the Neverland Ranch.
The kids are extremely excited and happy ... this is actually my first time in forever, since I've last spent the night in Neverland. It's definitely bringing back a lot of memories.

Once I arrived at the kindergarten, Annie was trying to calm down the kids, they were full of adrenaline and wouldn't stop running around and screaming.

"Hey! Okay, calm down... if you don't calm down we won't go anywhere today. I can still call your parents." I said as I stepped inside, they all went silent and looked at me. "Thank you. Now, the bus is arriving in 5 minutes, you know what to do... line up in a couple of two, make sure to have your bags on your shoulders, and be brave." I added. And they immediately did as I said.
"You still have to tell me, how come that they listen to you more than to me." Annie whined, I giggled.
"I don't know." I replied as I shrugged my shoulders.

I then checked if they have packed everything , and once I did that we walked outside, making sure that they were all there and that no one was missing.
Soon after, the bus has arrived and we all stepped inside, making our way to the Ranch.

Of course the kids started making some noise again during the ride, but we couldn't really control them... they were just simply happy. There's nothing you can do about it.

After 2 long hours, we arrived. We all stepped out of the bus, and got welcomed by Michael, like usual.

"You finally made it! I'm so happy to have you here." he said with a big smile plastered on his face, "let me show you your rooms. Come on." he then added and walked us inside.

We then walked upstairs and there was a big room with a bed for every single child. They immediately ran inside and put their bags on the beds. Michael then turned around to face me and Annie.

"You can stay in the other guests rooms right next to this one... my room is at the end of the corridor as well, in case you'll need anything." he said smiling widely, we simply nodded.

While Michael brought the kids outside to play, me and Annie walked into our rooms and started unpacking our stuff. Suddenly, I heard knocking on my door which was still open... I turned around and noticed it was Lisa.

"Hey Myra, nice to see you!" she said smiling at me,
"Oh, hi Lisa. Nice to see you too." I replied flashing her a faint smile.
"How are you doing?" she then asked as she stepped inside,
"I'm doing great, thanks for asking. How about you? How is married life?" I replied before releasing a silent sigh,
"It's amazing, I couldn't be happier." she said giggling. Yea... how can I blame her. She has the most amazing husband.
"Glad to hear that." I simply said, "I better go check on the kids... see you later." I then added before leaving and walking outside. That was an embarrassing conversation... I am sorry to say that, but I really don't like her. I have a weird feeling in my stomach when I think about her.

Once I made my way outside and found Michael and the kids playing, I sat down on a bench next and watched them play. Soon Michael has layed eyes on me, and started walking closer, sitting now next to me.

"Everything okay, maganda?" he asked, I looked at him with a faint smile.
"Yeah... more than okay." I replied, he smiled and nodded.
"I'm happy to have you here..." he then said
"I'm happy to be here too..." I replied.

We spent the entire day outside, since the whether was amazing. When it started getting darker, we walked inside and soon it was time for dinner.
Thank god, the kids has behaved well. After dinner, I walked them upstairs to their room and helped them change into their pyjamas, before tucking them under the bedsheets one by one. Right when I was about to walk out, a little girl stopped me.

"Mwyra?" she asked, I turned around to look at her,
"Yes?" I asked gently,
"can you wread us a book before you go?" she asked, and evergreen agreed. I giggled.
"Sure I can." I replied and grabbed a book before taking a chair and putting it in the middle of the room, sitting down.

I then started reading the book, until they all fell asleep. After a while I yawned and closed the book, getting up and placing it back down on the counter. When I turned around I gasped, Michael was standing at the door with his arms crossed and a big smile plastered on his face.

"God! You scared me... how long have you been here?" I asked whispering, he giggled.
"Since you started reading the book... your voice is really relaxing." he replied also whispering,
"Yea?" I teased, and we both giggled.
"Yes. You're so good with children..." he then said as I stepped out and silently closed the door.
"They are my life... I'd give anything for them." I replied, looking at him.
"That's what I love the most about you." he then said, making me blush hardly.
"Oh, there's more? What else do you love about me, applehead?" I teased,
"There is sure more... you're empathetic, kind, loving, caring, sweet, friendly, good-hearted, funny..." he said, and by hearing these words I felt like my heart was about to jump out of my chest. I gulped. I didn't really know what to say, so instead I simply stood there and sucked my teeth. He chuckled. "You're a one in a million, Myra. You're very special... Javon should recall himself lucky to have a woman like you by his side." he then said. Right... Javon.

*Michael's POV*

I could go on forever by counting all the things I love about this woman... she really is a one in a million.
I'm not saying that Javon isn't a kind man, he is, he's amazing. He's just... not the right one for her. She deserves more... much more.

"Right..." she whispered,
"How are things going between you two by the way?" I asked curiously as we started walking downstairs, going into the kitchen.
"Pretty good...." she simply said.

I grabbed two glasses and filled them with orange juice, while she took a seat at one of the high chairs by the kitchen counter.

"Just that? Is everything okay? Has he been treating you good?" I asked worried while looking at her, she doesn't sound really honest.

Usually, when someone talks about someone they love, they get that sparkle in their eyes... and she definitely didn't have that sparkle right now.

"Yes everything is perfectly okay and yes he has been treating me good, stop worrying about that." she said while faking a smile. I walked closer and sat next to her, giving her one of the glasses. I looked deep into her eyes.
"Are you sure?" I asked in a serious tone,
"Yes, Michael! I'm sure." she said giggling, before taking a sip from her juice.

We spent the entire night sitting in the kitchen, talking about our lives, how much it has changed, and about our projects in the future.

After a while, I noticed how her eyes started looking tired. I then looked at the clock and it was already 1 a.m.

"Are you tired? You wanna sleep?" I asked,
"Yea.. that would be nice." she joked and we both laughed,
"Alright, let's go." I replied and we both walked upstairs. We stopped right in front of her guest room's door, and looked into each other's eyes. I then embraced her in a sweet hug. "Good night, Myra." I whispered,
"Good night, Mike." she whispered, before slowly stepping back.

Our faces were now only inches away... her breath has gotten irregular again, just like mine. Her heartbeat started beating faster, just like mine.
My eyes automatically traveled down to her lips.
I've never been that close to her before... not since that time where we were about to kiss. Why was I feeling that way? I've never felt like this towards her...

She then stepped back and entered her room, leaving me standing there, confused by my own feelings.