Chapter 67

September 19th, 1997
*Myra's POV*

I just finally arrived back home, and Michael is willing to stay with us until I have fully recovered, well... until he has to leave for his Show.

Tala seemed to be happy that he's here, I feel like she knows something that I don't know. But I don't really care right now.
I'm feeling a little bit better, and they are both forcing me to eat something.

As soon as we stepped inside, Michael walked me into my room and helped me to lay down on my bed. He also layed down next to me.

"So..." I said, looking at him.
"So, what?" he asked,
"What are your plans now..." I asked curiously, he giggled.
"My plans?" he asked, while looking deep into my eyes, I nodded. "To stay here with you." he said.
"No, I mean... with this entire situation... with Debbie. Isn't she pregnant?" I said, he sighed.
"Yes, she is. And she's going to keep the baby, of course... but as soon as the baby will be born, I'll file divorce papers. Until then, I don't wanna see her unless it's about the pregnancy. She won't even live in Neverland anymore. I'm done with her." he explained in a soft tone, while cuddling with me. I simply nodded and remained silent... and what about us? I wanted to ask, but I don't know if I want to know the answer. "What are you thinking about?" he suddenly asked, I looked over at him.
"Nothing... about how my life has been messed up lately." I whispered, and looked outside the window. He then gently placed his finger under my chin, forcing me to look at him.
"It won't be a mess anymore... I won't leave you alone again, Myra. I am here to stay." he whispered and smiled at me,
"Are you saying that you want to give us another chance? The third, to be more precise." I said,
"Unless you don't love me anymore, yes. I love you Myra, I always have. Now nothing can come in between us anymore. This time it will work." he said,
"Of course I still love you. I mean... isn't it obvious?" I replied and pointed at myself, he giggled.
"Okay, then let's try it again... for real this time." he whispered, I looked at him for a few seconds and sighed.
"Are you really sure?" I asked,
"Why wouldn't I be sure? Of course I am. I want you, Myra. And only you." he said, pulling me gently closer to him, so that the tip of our noses are now touching. I gulped.
"Fine... but we'll have to start slowly..." I whispered, he smirked.
"Slowly?" he whispered in a deep tone, and like usual, he sent shivers down my spine. He then slowly leaned closer, teasing me.
"Don't do that." I whispered, looking down at his lips.
"Do what?" he teased again, before licking his lower lip.
"This." I said, and he giggled.
"Okay, if that's what you want." he then said and stepped back, leaving me hanging there like an idiot.

He looked at me and chuckled.

"Wasn't that what you wanted, Mrs. Diaz?" he said in a playful tone, I was speechless. I wanted to kiss them lips so bad, but I really feel like we need to take it slower this time.
"Yes." I replied and gulped.
"Good. Come on, take some rest." he then softly said, placing a sweet kiss onto my forehead and tucking me under the bedsheets. He then left my room, so that I could take some rest.

I started thinking about all the possibilities of us and rebuilding our relationship...
Will it really work this time?
Is it going to be like it was before?
Am I really ready to risk this?
What if I will get hurt again?
But I love him though...

Without even noticing, my eyes automatically shut, and I fell in a deep slumber.

*Michael's POV*

When I left Myra's room, I walked towards the sofa and sat down next to Tala.

"How are things going ? Have you talked?" she curiously asked,
"Kinda... she agreed on giving us another chance, but this time she wants to take it slow." I confessed, and she giggled. "What?" I asked confused, smiling slightly.
"She wants to take it slow? That doesn't sound like Myra at all. You'll see, soon enough she will jump onto you." she replied,
"You really think so?" I asked, and she nodded. "You know, I was thinking about planning a romantic dinner, to try and make it up on her." I then said, and she looked excited.
"That sounds like a good idea. If you need help, I'll be than happy to do so." she then said, and I smiled brightly.
"I'd love to." I replied, and started telling her my ideas, how I vision this dinner to be.

I want this to be... larger than life. I want this to be something big. So I decided to rent a restaurant, where I'm going to take her tomorrow night, and Tala is going to help me organise everything, including to take Myra shopping for the perfect dress.

This is the right time, the right opportunity... this time it'll work, I can feel it. She's going to be mine again, and I will keep her tight to me, no matter what.

I started doing some calls, organising everything for tomorrow night. It has to be perfect.
Once I've rented the restaurant via phone call, I started discussing some details with Tala, and afterwards I helped her prepare dinner.

Soon, Myra woke up and we all had dinner together, chatting and joking around. We then ended up watching a movie together, and when it was over, me and Myra walked into her room, changing into our pyjamas and tucking ourselves under the bedsheets.
Tala was right, Myra started showing physical attention, needing to cuddle with me. I smiled brightly and cuddled with her.

"I really hope that nothing will come in between us this time..." she whispered, and I looked down at her.
"Don't worry about anything ..." I whispered softly, trying to reassure her. She then also looked up to me, and our eyes met. "Don't worry about Debbie, or Lisa, or the press... think about us." I added, she slightly smiled and nodded. "I love you Myra..." I whispered, while caressing her cheek. She closed her eyes, focusing on the touch of my skin onto her's.

I then slowly leaned in, and when she opened her eyes I stopped. Our faces now only one inch away... her breath started becoming irregular, and I could hear her heartbeat becoming faster. I grinned.
I gently cupped her face, and pressed my lips onto her's, making her gasp.
After a few seconds, her muscles finally started to relax, and she kissed me back.

Shortly after, we both fell asleep.