Chapter 59

February 13th, 1997
*Myra's POV*

Things between me and Michael are doing fine, we would talk over the phone here and then, sometimes he would even come over and we'll have a chat. We are both trying hard to rebuild the bond that has been broken... and for now, it seems that everything is working perfectly fine.

He is at home now, he has a break from his Tour and his next Show is going to be in May. Which is good, because he also needs some rest. I don't wanna know how stressful it can be for him to travel around the world, being beaten up by the jet lag, the adrenaline is probably kicking real high after a show to the point where he can't sleep...
He needs this rest.

For me the story hasn't changed, paparazzi's keep following me everywhere, but I got used to it.
Today, I was all alone at home, since Tala is working, but she should come home any time now. I was now cleaning around the house a little bit, when all of a sudden I heard my phone ringing. I immediately picked up,

"Hello?" I said,
"Myra? It's me. Can you come to the hospital as quick as possible?!" Michael said in an anxious tone,
"Hospital? Why? What happened? Are you okay?" I asked worried,
"I'm about to be a father... I want you to be here with me." he then replied, that's when I froze. His child is about to be born, he's about to be a father... and he wants me there with him. I then looked at the clock, it was 6 p.m.
"I-I'll be there in 10 minutes!" I finally said after a few seconds and hung up.

I ran into my room and quickly changed my clothes. I put my hair up in a ponytail, and put a cap on. Since I wasn't wearing any makeup and nor did I have the time to do so, I decided to also wear a pair of sunglasses.
I then grabbed my keys and walked outside, one of Michael's securities was standing outside like usual.

"Hey, can you escort me to the hospital as fast as possible? Mr. Jackson needs me." I said, he nodded and immediately walked me to the car.

After about 10 minutes we finally arrived, and... damn, there is a big ass crowd outside the hospital. It's probably all over the news by now, they know that Michael is about to be a father. There are even helicopters flying around the building. How crazy is that?!
The security quickly rushed me inside, protecting me from the crowd, and as soon as I stepped inside I asked for Jackson.
Once they gave me the directions, I ran as fast as I could, and when I reached the right corridor there was the entire Jackson Family and Michael's securities.

"Myra?" Janet asked surprised, I gulped and removed my sunglasses. I slightly smiled. She then stood up and ran towards me, hugging me tight. "I'm so sorry for everything that happened... I'm glad to see you here." she whispered and then stepped away. I simply nodded.
"Michael called me and told me to come..." I whispered, she smiled brightly and nodded.
"He's inside." she replied.

I nodded and walked closer to the door, knocking a few times. After a few seconds, the door swung open, and Michael immediately smiled as he saw me. He then stepped outside, closing the door behind him, grabbed my hand and pulled me further away from his family before embracing me in a sweet hug.

"Thank you for coming, I would've gone mad crazy without you. It means a lot to me, Myra." he whispered softly, we then stepped back and looked at each other. I slightly smiled.
"How are things going?" I asked,
"Good, well, Debbie is in a lot of pain, but it's going good. It might take some time before he will be born." he said excitedly, yet I could see how his hands were shaking. I giggled and grabbed both his hands.
"Calm down, Jackson... everything is going to be just fine. The anxiety that you're feeling right now will disappear as soon as you hold your baby close to you, when you're going to look into his eyes the whole world is going to fade away... and all you'll feel is love." I whispered in a soft tone, trying to calm him down. He simply starred into my eyes for a few seconds, and after that he smiled brightly.
"Thank you, Myra..." he whispered, I simply nodded.
"Now go back inside... I'll wait here for you." I replied, he smiled and placed a soft kiss onto my forehead, before walking back into the room.

I walked back to his family, and Katherine was so kind to let me sit next to her. She's such a sweet, lovely, kind and humble woman. She's like a second mother to me. Ever since the first time we met, I felt loved and accepted from her.
She definitely is the mother-in-law that everyone dreams to have, and probably even one of the best mother's in the world. She is such a big inspiration to me...

*Michael's POV*

Now that I know that Myra is outside, waiting for me, supporting me, I feel a lot better.
My child is about to be born, and I couldn't be any happier.

After a few hours, it was finally time. It was now 01:17 a.m. and Debbie did an amazing job, after a few pushes my son - Prince Michael Jackson - was welcomed to the world. The Doctor let me cut the umbilical cord, and once that was done they immediately cleaned him up and wrapped him in a towel, before handing him to me.
I gently grabbed him, and smiled widely, my eyes now watery...
He was simply perfect.

"Is it okay, if...-?" I said to Debbie, she smiled and nodded.
"Of course." she replied, I nodded and slowly walked outside the room. My entire family stood up and walked closer, to take a glimpse of the new family member. Once they all had their moment, I looked up to Myra who was still sitting in front of us.
"You wanna hold him?" I asked softly, her eyes grew wide.
"A-are you sure?" she asked in a shaky voice, I giggled and nodded, walking closer to her. She then stood up and looked down at Prince. A big and wide smile soon found its way on her face, and then she gently grabbed him in her arms and started lulling him.
"Hi there..." she whispered in a sweet tone, while gently caressing his cheek with her finger. That's when I noticed that Prince opened his eyes, and looked at Myra. She froze. "He has your eyes..." she whispered before looking at me with tears in her eyes.
"R-really?" I asked surprised, my mother then walked next to Myra and looked at my son. She smiled brightly.
"He does, Michael." my mother commented. I looked back to Myra and she was smiling brightly at me.

I then heard a loud noise coming from the end of the corridor, paparazzi's are probably trying to get inside to get a glimpse from my newborn son. They can get really crazy when it comes about stuff like this...
I then grabbed Prince again, and walked back inside the room, where Debbie was getting cleaned up before being transferred into a private room.

After spending a few hours at the hospital, my family decided to leave. Myra was the only one who stayed with me.
Debbie was now asleep, so I decided to grab my son and walk outside, where Myra was sitting in a chair. Her head was tilted back, leaning against the wall behind her. Her eyes were closed... I grinned.

"Look Prince, Myra's fallen asleep." I whispered in a playful tone, while holding my son in my arms and sitting next to her. That's when she gasped and immediately opened her eyes, looking over at me.
"Oh, hey..." she whispered and smiled slightly.
"If you're tired you can go home, I won't be upset." I said softly while looking at her, her eyes were now red and puffy, a sign that she was really exhausted and tired.
"No, it's okay." she replied in a sweet tone and looked down at Prince. I smiled brightly.
"Here..." I whispered and gently handed her my son, she grabbed him and cuddled him to her chest, lulling him sweetly. This is something I will never forget... the way she looked so good with a baby in her arms. The way she's looking at my son, almost like it was her own baby too... she looks in love with him, like a mother would look like with her son.
"Everything okay?" she then whispered, snapping me back to reality.
"Pardon? Oh- uhm, yes. Just tired." I replied,
"Why don't you get some rest? I can take care of him in the meanwhile." she said.
"You would do that for me?" I asked surprised,
"Are you really asking me that, Michael? Of course I would. Now, get some rest, no complaining." she reassured me, and placed a soft kiss onto my cheek before standing up and walking slowly back and forth while lulling Prince in her arms and silently humming a song to make him fall asleep.

That's exactly why I love this woman.
Where would I find another one like her? There is only one Myra Diaz in this world, and that's her. God, how I love her.

Soon enough, I fell in a deep slumber, while sitting in a chair in the corridor, while Myra kept humming songs to my son.