Chapter 55

January 1st, 1997
*Myra's POV*

When I woke up, I had tremendous headache and a strong nauseous feeling. I then noticed that I was laying on the couch of my living room... I then suddenly stood up and ran into the bathroom, bending over the toilet and throwing up. Damn... why do I feel this way? What happened yesterday?

"Oh, good morning. Damn, you look awful." Tala said in a playful tone, leaning against the door and giggling. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and then sat on the floor, looking at her.
"What are you laughing about?" I whispered in a raspy voice,
"How do you feel?" she asked while she stepped inside and sat down on the corner of the bathtub,
"I feel like dying." I replied honestly, "what the hell happened yesterday?" I then asked confused.
"You got drunk, what else could have happened? Wait, you can't remember anything?" she then replied, I shook my head.
"Why? What did I do?" I asked, she then looked shocked and started giggling again. "Tala... what did I do?" I asked again.
"Uhmmm...." she started, "let's say you got pretty emotional." she then added. I furrowed my brows.
"What do you mean?" I asked,
"You called him, that's all I know. I wasn't there with you when you took this stupid decision, but at some point you came to me and said 'Michael said you have to take me home' and I was so shocked, I then asked what you meant and that's when you told me that you've called him. In the end we came back home, I helped you to lay down on the couch and you started crying... I had to comfort you until you fell asleep." she explained, and my eyes literally grew wide when she told me those things. Please, tell me that it isn't true.
"No, I didn't..." I whispered, and she giggled again.
"Yep, you did." she replied, and shortly after I threw up again.

That's why I don't like drinking alcohol, I tend to do stupid things when I drink.
Tala then left the bathroom, and I decided to take a cold shower, hoping that it would help to make me feel better. After a long shower, I put on some comfortable clothes and walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of orange juice.

I then walked back into my bedroom and that's when my phone started ringing. I sat down on my bed and picked up,

"Hello?" I said,
"Good morning, sleeping beauty." Michael said, and my heart literally skipped a beat.
"Oh, god..." I whispered and released a sigh. He giggled.
"How do you feel?" he asked,
"My head is still drumming, but besides that good..." I replied before taking a sip of my orange juice, "uhm... w-what... what did I say last night?" I then shyly asked.
"You don't remember, mh?" he asked in a playful tone, and I can feel throughout the phone how he was grinning now.
"No..." I replied almost whispering,
"Well let me see, I have to admit that you sounded kinda seducing..." he said and giggled,
"Michael..." I whined,
"Alright alright... you said that you miss me, and that you can't stop loving me, you also asked me if I love you, I then said yes and you said that I should come over and show you..." he explained, this time he sounded honest.
"For real?" I asked shocked,
"Yes." he replied. I covered my face with my hand in embarrassment. "You also started crying..." he added almost whispering.
"God, Michael, I-I'm so sorry..." I whispered, clearly embarrassed.
"Hey, you have nothing to feel sorry for... you were vulnerable, you were really drunk and... you got emotional. It's okay. But you know, people tend to say the truth when they're drunk, and you got me wondering if you really meant all of that... I could've jumped in the plane and I could've been there with you by now." he said in a soft and calm tone,
"I... I guess I really meant it, yes. But I hardly believe that you would've really come here last night, I'm sure you had better stuff to do." I then said and took another sip from my orange juice.
"Are you challenging me, Mrs. Diaz? You know that you shouldn't challenge me, cause I win." he then replied in a playful tone,
"Oh really?" I teased,
"Myra... don't test me. If you don't want to see me then you shouldn't tease me, because if I say something, then I'll do it." he said in a serious tone.
"So?" I asked after a few seconds of silence.
"So what? You still want me to come over there?" he asked, and this time I didn't reply. Do I? And what if? What is going to happen then? Deep down, I want him to come here, but on the other side I don't want to see him... "Myra?" he asked.
"I don't know..." I replied honestly,
"You don't know?" he teased and giggled, "it's either a yes or a no, nothing in between." he added.
"Well, I don't know." I repeated.

*Michael's POV*

"Alright... listen, I am going to perform in Honolulu on January 3rd and 4th. I could get a private jet ready for you if you wanna join me backstage. Just let me know, okay?" I offered, hoping that she would say yes.
"Mike, are you insane? This is not going to happen. Not again. What about your wife?" she then asked over the phone,
"She's at home. And she's not the woman I love, she's not the one with whom I want to spend time with, you are. Also, you are the one who wants to be with me right now. No?" I teased, she didn't reply. "Let me know as soon as you take a decision, okay?" I then said. "Try to get some rest now." I added.
"Okay..." she replied and sighed. "Bye, Mike." she said and hung up.

I really hope that she's going to call me back soon and say that she wants to come and see me. I need to think of an idea on how to show her that I truly love her and that I am truly sorry. I have to find a way to win her back... I can't let her go, I have to fight for her.

I spent the entire day being anxious and waiting for a call from her, but nothing happened. After I had some dinner, I tucked myself under the bed sheets and watched Peter Pan.
Suddenly, my phone started ringing, and I immediately picked up.

"Jackson." I said,
"Hey..." she said while releasing a sigh,
"So? Took a decision?" I asked excitedly with a smile on my face,
"I did... and the answer is..." she started, but remained silent for a few seconds, while anxiety started growing within me. "Fine." she then said, and I smiled brightly from ear to ear.
"Really?" I asked surprised,
"Yea..." she whispered,
"Good. I'll organise everything, the Jet will be ready for 8 a.m. on January 3rd, at the LAX Airport. I'll wait for you at the Hotel, some of my securities will come and pick you up." I said excitedly.
"Okay... see you there Michael, and let's hope that I won't regret this." she replied,
"You won't." I reassured her.
"Goodnight Mike." she then said,
"Goodnight, Myra." I replied before she hung up.

She said yes. This is my opportunity.