Chapter 7

January 15th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

For launch we went to KFC, since this is Michael's favourite place to go.
After launch, we put on a pair of sunglasses and a mask, and went for a walk in the park.

He talked a lot about how badly he wants to have his own children one day, and that's another thing we have in common ... it is one of my biggest wishes to have my own children too one day.

He also talked about his family, his brothers and sisters, his relationship towards his mother and what his father did to him when he was younger. I felt how my chest started to tighten when I heard all those things... how can someone hurt such a pure an innocent soul? He's such a good and brave and kind human being, he didn't deserve all of that.

I still remember how close me and my dad were...
When I was a little kid he would always play hide and seek with me, we would watch cartoons together, and every time I was sad he was the one who would comfort me and make me laugh again. My dad was my best friend... and now that he's gone, I feel like a piece of me is missing.
My mom isn't doing good ever since my dad died... and I don't have any siblings that I can rely on, so I feel lonely.

I told Michael all these things as well, he knows everything about my life and my family. He says that he is my family now.

After a long walk in the park and a lot of talking, we decided to go back home, in his Neverland Ranch.
Once we arrived we sat down on his sofa, in front of the fireplace, and kept talking about life.

"How do you see yourself in the future?" he asked, while looking at me.
"Oh, what a good question... uhm... where do I see myself in the future. Of course I'll keep working in the kindergarten, I will never get tired of being around children, educate and entertain them. I'll probably get married and have some children myself. Live in a warm cozy house with my family." I explained while looking at the fire, listening to the cracking sound of the wood. I then looked over to him, and we were now both smiling. "What about you?" I then asked.
"Me?" he asked and giggled, "I am for sure keep on entertaining the world and showing my love and gratitude to my fans, I'll get married to the woman who makes me feel whole, and have tons of babies with her. I'll dedicate a lot of time to my family... of course I want to have some children on my own, but I would also love to adopt two children from each continent, a boy and a girl, that's one of my biggest dreams!" he said smiling from ear to ear. I was positively surprised by what he just said.
"Really?" I asked, he sucked his teeth and nodded. "That's amazing... two children from each continent." I repeated and started to imagine what a beautiful family it would be with a big amount of children from each continent, each one of them with a different race but with the same amount of love. "I always wanted to adopt some children too... but this... this is an amazing idea." I then said looking back to him.
"You would do it? I mean, if your man would want to do that, you would agree with him?" he asked kinda surprised,
"Of course! I love big families. I never had a big family so I would like to create one myself." I honestly replied and flashed him a big smile.
"Myra Diaz, you never stop surprising me." he then said almost whispering, making me giggle.
"I guess I'm full of surprises and you are full of unrevealed mystery." I replied while shrugging my shoulders.

We then remained silent and simply stared into each other's eyes. It's weird... it was like I could feel what he is feeling when I look into his eyes. Everything that he felt in the past and whatever he was feeling right now, it was like I could feel it too. Soon our faces started to lean closer, almost like we wanted to kiss each other and express our feelings that way, but sadly we got interrupted by a female voice...

"Mr. Jackson?" she said, we immediately stepped back and looked over, it was one of his maids.
"Yes Melanie?" he asked while looking at her,
"Dinner is almost ready, you want us to wait or are you ready?" she politely asked, he looked at me.
"Are you hungry yet?" he asked,
"Uhm... yes." I replied, he smiled and nodded before looking back to his maid.
"We are ready." he said, she nodded and bowed before leaving.

*Michael's POV*

After we had some dinner, we walked into the guest room where she was staying and cuddled up on the bed, while I turned on another of my favourite movies: Charlie Chaplin: The Kid.

I love Charlie Chaplin, I completely relate to him and sometimes I even feel like I am him.
I even befriended his family and visited their home sometime in the 80s.
And since Myra doesn't know his films I thought that I could share them with her, and for now... it seems like she's enjoying it.

The more time I spend with her, the more I notice that she's right: we are so much alike. We are so similar. I don't know how this is possible, but it surely feels good to have someone who shares the same interests, the same taste, someone who understands you and thinks the same way as you.

I feel like we have become closer now... even though we only met like a week ago. I feel like I've known her in years, that she has always been the missing piece.

We kept cuddling and watching the movie, until at some point I noticed how her breathing changed.
I leaned in to look at her, and she was peacefully sleeping on my chest. I smiled like an idiot and placed a soft kiss on her forehead, before covering her up with the blanket.

Once the film was over I decided to stay there, afraid that if I move she could wake up. So I ended up turning off the TV, and cuddled with her, caressing her hair until I fell asleep as well.
For the first time in forever, I felt safe. For the first time in forever, I had a good sleep.