Chapter 17

April 16th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

The days went by and I still haven't talked to Michael ... and to be honest, I don't feel like doing so.
Tala has told me, that he came by a few days ago, but she told him to leave me alone and that I would reach out to him as soon as I feel ready to do so.

The News have already found out about me and Javon, it was everywhere. I didn't even know that we were a thing... but I guess now we are. And maybe it's even better that way. I needed to get rid of my memories with Michael, it hurts way too much.

Javon and I kept meeting, almost every day now. He is very kind and sweet, which is good. The only difference is, that he's not Michael.
Michael knew how to make me feel better, he could make me smile even when I had a bad day, he could make me laugh without even trying... he made me feel good.

Today, Javon decided to stay for the night.
We were now laying in my bed, cuddled on each other, while watching TV. His hand soon started caressing my back... I know it's wrong what I'm doing, and that I'm probably a coward, but I needed to do this. I have to stop thinking about Michael. He is not mine and never will be... this pain is going to haunt me forever.

"Baby, you okay?" Javon asked, I immediately looked up to him and nodded.
"Yes... yes I'm more than okay." I replied forcing a smile. He smiled back, and leaned in to peck my lips. Soon that simple kiss turned into an intense make out session. For me, this was nothing... no feelings at all. And no feelings will ever get involved.

After Javon has stolen a precious part of me that night, we both fell asleep... or should I say: he fell asleep. I simply layed there, locked in his arms, while looking at the night sky covered by the moon and the stars from my bedroom window.

April 17th, 1994

The next day, after Javon has left after breakfast, I decided to go running. So I put on my gym clothes and left the apartment, starting to jog around the hood, while listening to the music through my discman.
My thoughts constantly traveled to Michael ... is he missing me? Does he think about me? If I really mean something to him, why doesn't he keep trying to reach out to me?

*Michael's POV*

I was now walking around the Ranch with Lisa-Marie, talking about our wedding. We decided that it's going to be in May, since we both can't wait any longer to be married.

At some point, we stopped in front of 'The Zipper' and that's when a memory crossed my mind... I remember when me and Myra used to ride this, the way she tried to break my record and she almost did it. I started smiling like an idiot.

"Do you want to try this one? C'mon, I challenge you... I've been on this thing for 35 minutes straight, let's see if you can break my record." I said excitedly looking at Lisa-Marie,
"There is no way that I'm going on this thing, forget it." she replied, my smile slowly disappeared.
"C'mon... are you scared?" I teased,
"Michael, no." she said and started walking again, leaving me standing there like an idiot.

She's not Myra... with her it was different. The Ranch was more than alive when she was here. But now she's not here anymore ... I wonder when she's going to be ready to reach out to me again. I miss her... more than anything else in the world.

"Are you coming? We have other things to discuss about the wedding!" Lisa shouted, I looked up and made my way to her.

We then started walking again, discussing some other things about our wedding and our future.

May 1st, 1994

Today I was alone in my Ranch. Lisa went to visit her parents and to tell them the news about the wedding. The date is settled for May 26th. We even decided that it's probably better to get married outside the USA, to avoid any type of mobbing. I mean, we know for sure that fans and paparazzi's are going to mob us anyway, it don't matter where we are... but it's better this way and we both agree with that.
It's not going to be a big wedding, it's going to be a private and intimate ceremony.

I stayed in bed the entire morning, thinking about everything that has happened lately... and what is about to come in a few weeks. I wish Myra could be here with me now, to support me ...
That's when I heard my phone ringing.

"Jackson." I said as I picked up, there was silence. "Hello?" I then asked confused,
"Hi..." a female voice said, and that's when my heart skipped a beat. I could recognise that voice even in a big crowd of people...
"Myra?" I whispered, "a-are you okay?" I asked.
"Yes..." she simply said,
"I missed you... you... you disappeared for weeks... I couldn't understand what I've done for you to feel like that..." I nervously replied,
"Yea I... I needed some time for myself." she said,
"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked,
"No..." she replied, I sighed.
"Okay, well I'm here whenever you want to talk about it..." I said almost whispering,
"I know... thank you." she replied,
"Your welcome... how are things going between you and... Javon?" I asked while biting my lower lip, I hated the idea of them together, but I needed to make sure that he was treating her well.
"Pretty good to be honest... he's very kind and sweet..." she replied,
"So he has been treating you good? Cause if not, I'll might have a talk with him." I tried to joke,
"Yes he has been treating me very well, don't worry." she simply replied.

We kept talking for a while, and for the entire time that we were talking over the phone I could feel how she was... cold towards me. It wasn't the same like it was before. Even though I didn't know what has happened, I am willing on staying by her side. Whenever she feels ready to talk, I'll be there for her.