Chapter 53

December 8th, 1996
*Myra's POV*

When I woke up, I noticed the sunlight shining through the windows. After a few seconds I realised that I wasn't at my aunt and uncle's house... and then I remembered what happened last night. I looked next to me, and Michael was still sleeping peacefully. Our naked bodies still covered under the bedsheets of his hotel bed. My eyes grew wider... so it wasn't a dream? It really happened? SHIT! That was a mistake. A big mistake!

I slowly snook out of bed and started picking up my clothes that were still laying on the floor, and quickly got dressed. I have to leave, now.
Right when I was putting on my shoes, he woke up.

"Are you leaving already?" he mumbled in a raspy voice, I gulped and slowly looked over to him. He was now sitting on the bed, his eyes still sleepy, and a slight grin on his face.
"Yes." I simply said. Once I finished putting on my shoes I grabbed my jacket and started making my way towards the door, but he stopped me.
"Wait... Myra..." he said and walked closer to me, still completely naked. I tried hard not to look down.
"What is it?" I asked in a serious tone,
"Is everything good now... between us?" he asked nervously,
"Michael..." I started and released a heavy sigh, "what we did last night was a mistake. A big mistake. You are married now and there's a child on the way... please, focus on that and leave me alone. I've given you the opportunity to explain yourself, I listened, and I forgave you. But that's it." I finished, trying to keep my eyes focused on his's. He then noticed that I was nervous and stepped closer, flashing me a smirk.
"Myra... can't you see that I still love you? And you clearly do too... I can't lose you." he whispered and tried to cup my cheek, but I stepped back.
"Yes, and I will always love you, Michael. But you made your decision... that's the way it is. My heart will bleed forever... but I know that someday I'll heal." I said honestly. That's when his smile slowly disappeared.
"And what about me?" he then asked pointing at himself.
"You already healed. Now it's time that I recover." I replied.

Once I've said that, there was a few seconds of silence.

"Can't we at least try to be friends again?..." he then whispered in a cracked voice,
"I don't know if I'm able to do that... I need time to recover, Mike..." I then said trying to fight back the tears. He simply nodded.
"Can I at least give you one last kiss?" he whispered once again, making my heart skip a beat. I ended up nodding. He slightly smiled and slowly stepped closer. He then cupped my face gently, and leaned closer. I could feel his warm breath on my skin... I automatically shut my eyes, and soon his velvet lips pressed onto mine.

I tried hard to enjoy this moment for one last time... this is probably going to be the last time that I'll feel his lips.. and be that close to him. I also cupped his face and kissed him back. Soon our lips were locked in a sweet-and gentle kiss, this is probably one of the best kisses that we have ever shared together.
He then slowly stepped back, and when I opened my eyes he was looking right into mine, and flashed me a sweet smile. I could feel how my heart started breaking... so this is a goodbye, for now.

"Bye, Michael..." I whispered in a cracked voice, while tears started to form in my eyes.
"Bye Myra... I love you." he whispered, also in a cracked voice. I slightly smiled, and gave him a nod, before walking out of his room.

I ran outside the building and burst out in tears. I cried for the entire road back home to my family... and once I arrived, my mom and my aunt looked at me with a worried look.

"Myra! Anong nangyari? (What happened?)" my aunt asked while walking closer to me,
"Umiyak ka ba? (Did you cry?)" my mom asked, also walking closer to us. I gulped.
"Ayos lang ako. (I'm fine)" I simply replied, and walked into the room where I was staying.

I layed down on the bed, cuddling with my blanket, while more tears rolled down my cheeks. Yesterday night was a big mistake... saying goodbye to him, is even more painful than what he did to me.

*Michael's POV*

When Myra left, I started crying and breaking things. I hoped that after spending a night together and after telling her all those things, that she would change her mind and give me another opportunity... but that wasn't the case. Instead she decided to say her goodbyes.
This is definitely it, I've lost her.

She said that last night was a mistake, but to me it wasn't a mistake at all. I still love her, and I always will. She has changed my life completely, she has changed me.

Suddenly, I heard knocking on the door. I quickly wiped away my tears and walked closer, swinging the door open. It was Bill.

"Is everything okay, Sir? I heard some noise and got worried." he said while looking at me, I gulped.
"No. Nothing is okay, Bill." I said and walked away. He stepped inside and closed the door behind him. "My life is a mess... I've lost the person that I love the most, the person whom I owe my life." I said almost whispering, while walking towards the window and looking outside.
"Are you talking about Mrs. Diaz?" he asked, I turned around to face him and nodded, while tears rolled down my cheeks.
"I didn't mean to hurt her... that was never my intention." I whispered and covered my face with the palms of my hands.
"Have you told her that, Sir?" Bill asked again,
"I did... but it didn't make any difference. I've lost her, forever. She just said her goodbyes to me." I replied while sliding down to the floor. That's when Bill walked closer, and sat down next to me.
"Sir... if you truly love that woman, don't you dare to give up. Even if she said that she doesn't want to see you ever again, she didn't really mean it. That's how women work. She clearly loves you... you have to fight for her. No matter what." he explained in a calm tone, that's when I looked up to him again, and he smiled at me.
"I tried... for this entire time, I tried. But she wouldn't let me." I replied,
"Then try harder." he said.
"I can't, Bill... I'm not that type of man, I respect her decision." I finally said after a few seconds of silence,
"So you prefer to live in this nightmare instead of fighting for the woman you love? Now that's what I call a big mistake. You're gonna regret this for the rest of your life, Mr. Jackson." he said and chuckled. He's right though...
"You're right... I'll try my best. Thank you, Bill." I replied, he gave me a nod and then left my room.

I was now sitting there all alone, on the cold floor, completely lost in my thoughts.
I have to get ready soon, we have sound check in the afternoon and later tonight I have a Show here in Manila.
Even though I don't know if I can focus, but I have to try... my fans deserve the best performance ever. I have to do it for them.