Chapter 21

June 4th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

When the kids woke up they had breakfast, and immediately ran outside to play with Michael.

In the afternoon, it was time for us to leave. Even though the kids didn't want to leave, but we didn't have any other choice. We had to bring them back home to their parents one by one, and it's going to take us a lot of time...

So after saying our goodbyes to Michael we stepped inside the bus and started driving back.

Things between me and Michael has been a little bit... weird and embarrassing this morning, after that moment we had yesterday night. It seemed like we were about to kiss, but thank god I was strong enough to step back and avoid that.
I have to admit that it was pretty confusing... I really thought that he didn't have feelings for me, at least not in that way, but now it seems like he's starting to show some signs... but was he? Or am I just tripping? Maybe it's all in my imagination. I mean, why should he start giving me signs right after he got married to the woman he loves ? It makes no sense.

After the kids were now all back at their homes, I went back to my apartment, took a long shower and tucked myself under the bedsheets. I immediately fell in a deep slumber... all these thoughts has been giving me a tremendous headache.

July 4th, 1994

Today is July 4th, and of course the kindergarten is closed.
Me, Tala, Javon, Michael and Lisa have planned to spend the day together, to celebrate.

We are going to meet later in the afternoon, and we'll be going out for dinner, before headed to Michael's Ranch where we are going to celebrate for real.

After me and Tala had some launch, it was time to get ready. So I walked to the bathroom and started taking a long cold shower.
Once I was done, I walked to my bedroom and started looking for an outfit. I decided to wear some red leather pants, a black bodysuit, and some black sandals. To finish off the look I also picked some red earrings.
I then started doing my makeup and my hair, which was now softly curled.

Was the outfit too revealing? Maybe. But it's July 4th y'all... when it comes to celebrating and going to a party I like to dress up.

When Tala walked inside my bedroom her jaw dropped onto the floor and her eyes went wide.

"Damn, girl! Why are you looking so sexy?" she asked, making me giggle.
"Do you think it's too much?" I asked insecure, looking down at my outfit.
"Uhhh, no... I think you are definitely going to win Michael's heart tonight." she joked,
"That's not funny. I'm not trying to win anybody's heart... I have Javon, remember?" I replied. She rolled her eyes.
"Anyway... your boyfriend is going to be here soon, get ready." she said before leaving my room.

I looked back into the reflection of the mirror, analysing my outfit, before releasing a sigh.

Soon the door bell rang, and I immediately walked over to open it. Javon, Michael and Lisa were standing outside. All of them had their eyes wide open when they looked at me...

"Oh damn... my girl is looking on fire tonight." Javon said, while stepping forward and pecking my lips. I forced a smile.
"Hi, Myra, you look very good today." Lisa said as she also stepped forward to hug me,
"Thank you, Lisa, you look good too." I replied, hugging her back. Once the two stepped inside my apartment, Michael was the only one left, who was still standing outside in front of me.

*Michael's POV*

I was still standing outside, Myra in front of me. I didn't know what to do or say... she looked... breathtaking and sexy. I felt my entire body on fire.

"Mike? You okay?" she then asked and chuckled, I gulped hard and stepped forward, embracing her in a friendly hug.
"You look amazing..." I whispered, before stepping back. She smiled and blushed hardly.

Tala offered us something to drink, and we all agreed.
We started chatting and drinking, before we finally left and made our way to the Restaurant to have some dinner.

Of course there were paparazzi's and fans everywhere, that's why we had Bill and another security with us. Javon was not working right now, so he couldn't protect us, even though he did it anyway at some point.

We had an amazing time together. For the entire night, I couldn't take my eyes off of Myra. The way that outfit perfectly sits on her body... it's driving me insane. I don't even know why I'm thinking that way about her.

After dinner, we all went to my Ranch and started having some rides, goofing around like little kids.
At some point, it was time for the fireworks...
We all layed down on the grass and looked up to the sky, watching the beautiful coloured fireworks exploding in the sky. Myra was now laying next to me, and at a certain point we looked at each other and our eyes met... we simply smiled.

She looked even more beautiful with the lights of the fireworks shining right onto her face...

"Baby! Look!" Lisa said, pulling me closer to her. That's when I looked up to the sky again, and Myra sat up.

Once the fireworks were finished, we all walked inside and had some drinks. I could see how Javon was close to Myra, his arm wrapped around her waist, their lips locked.

"Mike? Everything okay?" Lisa asked snapping me back to reality,
"Uhm, yes, yes everything's okay." I replied and smiled at her. She then leaned in and pecked her lips.
"Okay guys, you should stop now, I really feel lonely and uncomfortable if I see you making out with each other and I have no one to kiss." Tala joked, making us all laugh.

Soon it was time to say our goodbyes, since Myra, Tala and Javon were now leaving.
Once they left, me and Lisa made our way upstairs into our bedroom, and we shared an intimate moment together, for the entire night.
But that night... it was different for me. I couldn't get Myra out of my head, and this was starting to worry me. I can't think about my best friend like that...
I can't let this happen.