Chapter 32

January 9th, 1995
*Myra's POV*

We arrived back home two days ago, and today is my first day of work after the Holidays. I'm so happy to be back with my children of the kindergarten.
Of course once me and Tala met at home we talked about our Holiday and I told her about my mother and that Michael came. She freaked out and kept repeating that she was right... and she still believes that she's right. She thinks that me and Michael would end up together, but I said that it's impossible and that it's never going to happen, since he is a married man.

I have to admit that spending my Holidays with him, far away from home, sharing the bed in my old bedroom at my mother's house and all that, kinda made my feelings for him grow even more... but like Lisa said, it's platonic. He doesn't love me the way I do. I have to live with his pain forever... and that's okay.

After a long day of work, I finally arrived back home, and Tala was sitting on the couch extremely focused on the TV.

"Myra!! Come here, quick!" she shouted, and I did. I immediately rushed over to her, and she pointed at the TV. The News Channel was showing pictures of me and Michael at the Hospital in Mexico.
"Michael Jackson was in Mexico during the Holidays, and like usual the King of Pop visited ill children in the Hospital, accompanied by a beautiful young girl... why wasn't his wife Lisa-Marie Presley with him instead? Could this be a love triangle?" the woman in the TV said.
"Shit..." I mumbled,
"Now that's fucked up... people will start recognising you, let's hope you don't start receiving hate and mobbing from the fans." Tala said after turning the TV off. I sat down next to her and released a heavy sigh.
"That's not the main problem, Tala..." I replied,
"Ano kaya yun? (What is it then?)" she asked while looking at me, I was starring in a blank space.
"Lisa." I replied. "God, this is all my fault. I should've stayed away from him, just like she told me to do." I added before getting up and walking into my room to change into more comfortable clothes.
"Don't say that. What Lisa wanted you to do is wrong. Isa siyang mangkukulam (she's a witch)." she replied following me to my room and leaning against the door. I chuckled.
"A witch huh? Well that witch is his wife." I said looking at her.
"Wife? Yea and does she act like a good wife? Do these two look in love? I don't think so." she replied, I sighed.
"Tala, I don't care. I just don't want to be involved in this mess. There is no love triangle and I have to make it clear to the entire world." I said. Shortly after my phone started ringing. I immediately picked up.

"Hello?" I answered,
"Myra? Hey, it's me... have you-have you seen the news?" he asked nervously,
"Hey Mike... yea, I did." I replied while releasing a sigh. "We need to clear it out, I don't want people to think wrong about me nor do I want to be involved in this mess. There is no love triangle." I added.
"Myra... relax. I'll take care of it. I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess." he said almost whispering,
"It's not your fault, Michael. It's mine. You should've stayed here." I said while sitting down on my bed, "you know... maybe Lisa was right." I whispered, feeling a lump starting to form in my throat. I hate to say it and I hate to admit it, but it's the truth, she was right.
"What do you mean?" he asked after about 5 seconds of silence,
"What I just said... maybe she was right... when she told me to keep my distance from you. She mentioned that I would ruin your marriage. Look what's happening now." I explained in a calm and shaky tone, trying not to burst in tears.
"Myra... no. She wasn't right. You aren't ruining our marriage. You're my best friend, the press keeps inventing stories about me, you know that." she said, and I could tell that he was starting to panic.

*Michael's POV*

I was now over the phone with her, and I was starting to get anxious and panicky. I can't afford to lose her...

"I know, Mike... but this just isn't right. You two are married and you deserve to live a happy life as a married couple... it's my fault if there is this mess. Maybe we should keep a little bit of a-..." she paused and I could hear how she started sobbing, "a little b-bit of a-a distance..." she added, trying hard to fight back the tears and sobs. I could feel how my chest started to get tightened, a strong pain in my entire chest, a lump in my throat, watery eyes.
"Don't say that, Myra... please. We can work this out. I'll take care of it, I promise." I begged whispering,
"Michael... I love you. What kind of a best friend would I be if I ruin your marriage? A best friend tries their hardest to make the other happy... and this situation isn't making us happy... you deserve better. Go to your wife, tell her you are sorry, and be happy... cause if you are happy, so am I." she explained in between the sobs, now we were both crying over the phone.
"H-how can I be happy without you? Since when do I have to choose between wife and best friend?" I asked whispering,
"This is the right thing... applehead." she whispered back, that's when I lost it. I started sobbing and ended the phone call, covering my face with my hands.

Congratulations Lisa... you did it. I lost my best friend.

But is Myra really just a best friend to me? Cause it has been a while since I started thinking about this...and now after spending the Holidays with her... I don't know... I think there is more than just a friendship between the two of us, at least for me.
I didn't have the courage to talk about it with her, because I was too afraid that she wouldn't share the same feelings as mine...
But I guess now I've lost it all, and that's what hurts the most.

Suddenly I heard knocking on the door. I quickly wiped my tears away and stood up, turning around to look outside the big window in my office.

"Come in." I said, and soon someone stepped inside.
"Mr. Jackson?" a female voice said, it was one of my maids. "Mr. Jackson... is everything alright?" she asked, I didn't answer, I was trying to hold back the tears. Then she started walking closer...
"Yes, everything is alright. What's the matter?" I replied,
"There is a reporter outside, he wants to talk to you, Sir." she explained, I finally turned around to face her.
"Perfect, let him in." I said before taking a seat behind my desk again,
"A-are you sure?" she asked surprised. I never let reporters inside, but this fits perfectly. I need to adjust this mess, Myra doesn't deserve to get involved. I promised her, and that's what I'm going to do.
"Yes, I'm sure." I replied, she bowed and left.

Shortly after the reporter came inside. We shook hands and then he took a seat at my desk in front of me. I'm doing this for you, Myra.