Chapter 13

February 26th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

It has now been two weeks since me and Michael made up.
Two weeks, since I had to put a mask on my face and pretend like I wasn't hurting about his relationship with another woman. Now, you may be asking yourself: why don't I speak up? Why am I not telling him anything about my feelings?
Well, it's simple... he's my best friend, the bond and the friendship that we have is something very rare and very special, I do not want to lose it over some stupid feelings of mine. Also... I am sure that he doesn't have the same feelings for me, and what kind of best friend would I be if I ruin my best friend's happiness?

I am not going to speak up, his happiness is worth gold for me. If this is what I have to do to see him happy, then so be it. I have been hurting my entire life... this won't be the end for me. It's okay.

Today I am also going to spend the day with him at his Neverland Ranch, since it has been forever since the last time we had fun together over there.
It's now 10 a.m. and I just finished getting ready. I took a shower, got dressed and did my makeup. I was wearing some simple blue jeans and a black long sleeve bodysuit, paired with some black boots. My hair was softly curled and my makeup was all natural.

Once I said my goodbyes to Tala and left the house, I noticed a car standing in front of me at the vehicle. Of course he sent one of his securities to pick me up again... it don't matter how many times I tell him not to do it, he'll do it anyway.
I giggled and shook my head, while walking over to the car stepping inside.

"Hi, Wayne." I greeted the security, I nearly know all of em with the more time that goes by.
"Hello, Mrs. Diaz." he gently replied before pulling off and starting to drive.
"Wayne, please... please, don't call me Mrs. Diaz. You make me feel old. Just simply call me Myra." I said jokingly, he giggled.
"Alright... sorry, Myra." he replied making me smile brightly.
"Would you mind stepping at KFC? I'd like to grab something to eat for your boss." I then said, he nodded and did as I said.

Shortly after, he stopped the car in front of the diner and I stepped out walking inside. I ordered some fried chicken and fries for the both of us, before walking back to the car and making our way to Los Olivos.

After 2 long hours we finally arrived, and it seemed as Michael heard the car, since he rushed outside running towards me. He then picked me up and spinned around, while I wrapped my arms around his neck, both chuckling.

"I missed you, maganda." he whispered,
"I missed you too, applehead. Look what I got for you." I replied, and as soon as he put me back down I showed him the KFC bag. He smiled brightly.
"Ohh how sweet, you thought of me. Thank you. Come on, let's get inside and eat this delicious food." he said excitedly, before grabbing my hand and pulling me inside with him.

We then took a seat at his dining table and started eating the food, which was already cold, but we truly didn't care.

"So... how are you? What do you wanna do today?" he asked while looking at me,
"I'm good, and I don't care, I'm down for anything. You can choose." I replied confidently while looking at him as well, he smirked. Oh no... what kind of idea did he come up with now?
"What are you smirking about Jackson? You better don't come up with crazy ideas..." I said, making him giggle. Ahí está su risa que tanto extrañaba. (there it is, that laugh that I missed so much)
"You'll see." he replied.

Once we finished our junk food, we made our way outside, starting to walk around the Ranch and talk about our deepest secrets, joking around and stuff like that.
Then we stopped in front of a ride called "The Zipper", I looked at him with a shocked look.

"You don't want me to go up there, do you?" I asked, he giggled.
"Yep. I've been on there for 35 minutes straight, and no one ever broke my record. Let's see how long you can last." he then said with a proud smile.
"Estás loco. (you are crazy, in spanish) , wala sa isip (out of your mind/insane, in filipino)." I replied,
"Damn... did I ever tell you how sexy it is when you speak in two different foreign languages?" he then said, and I swear... my heart skipped a beat a these words. He thinks it's... sexy? I gulped.
"Alright... you want to challenge me? Okay, let's go. But prepare yourself, because I'm going to break your record Mr. Jackson." I said and walked over to one of the seats, stepping inside. He followed me while giggling, and sat next to me, securing each other.

*Michael's POV*

*Michael's POV*

We were now both sitting inside a seat of the Zipper, and soon the ride started. Myra started screaming and laughing, clearly enjoying the ride.
Since I challenged her, we kept riding the Zipper over and over again... after about 30 minutes, she didn't feel well and we were forced to stop.

"See? No one can break my record. But you went damn close to it..." I said as I helped her to step out,
"Oh, shut up, applehead. Just wait until next time... I'll break your stupid record, I promise." she replied, making us both giggle.

I then handed her a bottle of water, and she took a long sip of it. After sitting for a while on a bench, waiting for her to feel better, we finally stood up and started walking around the Ranch again.
Next stop was, the bumper cars.

We both sat down in two different cars and started driving, trying to catch each other.

Once we finished with that ride, we went on many others, having lots of fun together.
I missed having fun with her... I missed my best friend, I missed her laughter and her positive energy. She literally brings out the best of me... she makes me smile even when the sky is grey.

We spent the entire afternoon going on rides, talking, joking, goofing around, playing water balloon fights, and we also ended up eating some ice cream and other candies... until it started to get dark. When I looked on my watch I noticed it was already 8 p.m.

"Damn... where did the time go? I promise it felt like you've been here for just an hour or so..." I then said in a disappointed and sad tone, she giggled.
"Well, that's how it feels like when you spend some good quality time with the right person..." she replied, I smiled.
"That's true... why don't you stay for the night?" I then asked excitedly,
"Uhh... actually, it's better if I go home... maybe another time." she replied, and my smile slowly disappeared.
"Okay, sure... let me walk you back to the car." I then said.

Once we reached the car, we hugged each other and I watched her drive away from my Ranch.
I have to admit that I feel... disappointed and sad. I wish she could have stayed, just like she did before... what made her change like that?