Chapter 29

December 24th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

Today is Christmas Eve, and me and Tala are now sitting in a taxi making our way to the LAX Airport.
I am flying over to Mexico, to visit my mom, while she is flying to the Philippines to visit her family over the holidays.

Once we arrived, we payed the driver and stepped out, grabbing our luggage while making our way inside the building.
Soon it was time for us to say our goodbyes...

"Well... have a nice Christmas and some good Holidays... I guess I'll see you in a week." Tala said while looking over at me, I suddenly felt how a lump started to form in my throat. Even though my family is in Mexico, it doesn't feel like family anymore. Tala has been my family for the past three years, and I hate saying goodbye to her.
"I'll miss you..." I then said before embracing her in a friendly and loving hug. "Have some good Holidays too, and take care of yourself while you're away." I whispered, before we both stepped back.
"I will. You too." she then replied smiling widely. I smiled back and nodded.

After saying our goodbyes, we both walked in two different directions, making our ways to our gates.
There was a long line, and soon it was finally my turn. I made my check in and walked inside the plane, looking after my seat. When I found it, I took a seat and put the belt on.

The flight from Los Angeles to Mexico is going to be 3,5 hours long. I'll probably spend them by reading a book, listening to music or sleeping.
Shortly after, a voice announced that the plane is going to take its departure now, making our way to Mexico.

-----------

After 3,5 hours the plane finally arrived in Mexico. Once it stopped, I took my belt off and made my way outside of the plane.
I then walked over to grab my luggage, before walking outside of the airport, looking for a taxi which is going to escort me to my mother's house.

Since my mom isn't doing well, my aunt is taking care of her. So she's not alone. I mean... how. She can't stay alone.
I hope she's doing a little bit better now, I hate to see her in pain.

From the airport to my mother's house it's a 15-20 minutes ride, and without even noticing I was already standing at the main door.
I knocked a few times, and after a few seconds my aunt opened the door and smiled brightly at me.

"Hola mi niña..." she said before embracing me in a warm hug,
"Hola tía.. cómo estás? (Hi aunt, how are you?)" I asked before stepping away and walking inside.
"Yo estoy bien, pero nada ha cambiado aquí. (I'm good, but nothing changed here)" she replied while releasing a sigh.
"¿Aún no se ha recuperado? (She still didn't recover?)" I asked worried, she simply shook her head and signed me to follow her.

We walked inside my mom's bedroom, and there she was... looking exactly the way I left her at the beginning of the year.
She way laying in her bed, starring in a blank space, not moving. Her pills and her water bottle standing on her bed side table.

"Qué dice el médico? (What does the doctor say?)" I asked my aunt, not taking my eyes off of my mom.
"Él medico dice que es estrés post traumático... probablemente no se recupere. (The doctor says it's post-traumatic stress... she probably won't recover ever again.)" she replied, while caressing my arm. I gulped, trying hard to fight back the tears. "Te dejo a solas con ella para un momentito... (I'll leave you alone with her for a moment)" she whispered and left.

I sighed and slowly walked closer to my mom, sitting down next to her and gently grabbing my hand.

"Nanay? ('Mom' in Filipino)" I whispered, while gently caressing the back of her hand. "Nandito ako ngayon... (I'm here now)" I whispered again, looking at her. Nothing, no reaction at all. Suddenly a tear rolled down my cheek. "Ayokong mawala ka... nawalan na ako ng papa. (I don't want to lose you... I've already lost dad." I whispered again, while more tears rolled down my cheeks.

I could feel her pain... it was killing her, and it was killing me too.

"Sana hindi na lang siya umalis... (I wish he never left...)" I then whispered, that's when a tear rolled down her cheek as well. I faintly smiled and wiped it away, before standing up and leaning over her, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "Mahal kita inay (i love you mom)" I then whispered before leaving her room.

*Michael's POV*

Lisa is staying with her children over Christmas, but she's coming back for New Year's so that we can celebrate it together.

Myra has left to go visit her mother over the Holidays... she's not coming back until January. I told her that she can call me whenever she needs me, because I know how hard it must be for her to go over there, knowing how bad her mother is doing since her dad died.

I am going to spend Christmas with one of my dearest friends, Elizabeth Taylor. She has celebrated my first Christmas with me last year, and she's going to do the same this year too.
I've never celebrated Christmas until last year, since me and my family have been Jehovas Witnesses. I remember when I first celebrated Christmas with Liz last year, I felt so bad after unpacking my presents that I locked myself in the bathroom and cried... I thought I did something wrong.
But then Liz told me, that Christmas is a beautiful way of celebrating love... that's why it's so important for me now, and that's why I wish I could celebrate it with Myra.

Me and Lisa are going to celebrate New Year's with my family, since they have never had the chance to meet her before we got married.

Elizabeth is coming over today, to help me decorate Neverland with tons of Christmas decorations. She's even going to spend the night here. It's going to be amazing, and I truly can't wait.

In the afternoon, Liz finally arrived. While we started to decorate the house, singing to some Christmas music who is playing in the background, I heard my phone ringing.
I excused myself and walked further away, before picking up.

"Jackson." I said, the only thing I could hear were sobs. Someone was crying on the other side of the phone.
"M-Michael?" a female voice whispered.. Myra.
"Myra, are you okay?" I asked worried,
"N-no..." she whispered in a shaky voice, "my mom is doing so bad Michael, the Doctor says she's probably never going to recover." she said in between the sobs. I gulped.
"Myra I-I'm so sorry... I wish I could be there with you and hug you, support you throughout all this." I said softly, feeling extremely bad at the thought that she's there all alone, far away from me. She didn't reply, she simply kept crying over the phone, and I didn't know what to say. "You want me to fly over there? I could if I want, I have a private jet." I said,
"N-no, no way, Michael. You need to stay there and celebrate Christmas with your beloved ones..." she replied,
"My family doesn't celebrate Christmas, Myra, you know that. And Lisa isn't here for Christmas. I'm with Elizabeth Taylor ... but she would understand, don't worry about that." I explained,
"No, Michael. You don't need to do this for me, really... I'm going to be just fine." she replied ,
"Myra... give me the address, I don't take no as an answer." I said in a calm tone, before releasing a heavy sigh.
"Michael..-" she started, but I interrupted her,
"Myra, the address." I demanded once again.

Finally she gave it to me, and I wrote it down on a piece of paper.
Once she calmed down, we said our goodbyes and ended the phone call.
I grabbed the piece of paper and walked over to Liz... I had an amazing idea.

"Liz? May I ask you a favor?" I asked, she looked at me and smiled brightly.
"Of course, what is it?" she replied in a sweet tone,
"Would you like to fly with me to Mexico? One of my dearest friends is having a hard time... she flew over to visit her mother, who isn't doing very well, and she definitely is not in a Christmas mood. Maybe we could both help her and her family out..." I explained, that's when I noticed her eyes shining and sparkling, excited at the idea.
"That's what I love most about you, Michael. You're always so caring and loving... I'd love to go on this mission with you. Let's give her family a Christmas Miracle." she replied, making me smile widely before embracing her in a friendly hug.

Mexico, here we come. I'm coming for you, Myra.