Chapter 50

November 15th, 1996
*Michael's POV*

These past few days has been horrible. Ever since I found out about Myra, I am not able to sleep, which led me to take medicine. If I don't take my medicine I won't sleep. That's how bad I've been doing.
I need to take these medicines, I need some rest, especially if I'm going to perform.

I still can't get that photo out of my head, how she was hugging that guy. I need to find out who he is... I need to make sure that my baby's safe.

Today, me and Debbie decided to get married here in the Hotel where we are staying at the moment, in Sydney. It's going to be a private ceremony, nothing big. Right after the marriage she's going to leave, and I have to take a flight to my next destination.
I just finished getting ready, and shortly after I heard knocking on the door. I opened it and noticed that it's Bill.

"Mr. Jackson, we're ready." he said. I didn't reply, I simply stood there and starred into his eyes. "Sir?" he asked. After a few seconds I decided to reply.
"You knew? For this entire time, you knew?" I said in a calm tone,
"Sir, what are you talking about?" he asked confused,
"Myra. Mexico." I simply said, he looked surprised.
"Sir, I couldn't tell you..." he then replied while releasing a sigh. I released a sarcastic giggle and shook my head.
"Let's go." I said and stepped out of my room, walking over to the next room where Debbie and a priest were waiting for me.

Once we were all ready, the ceremony started. I'm about to be Debbie's husband...

The ceremony was short, in a matter of minutes it was all done. We are now officially married.
We also took a quick photo, with my hand placed on her big baby bump.

Right after, we walked back to our rooms and started packing our stuff

Right after, we walked back to our rooms and started packing our stuff. She left before I did.
Before I leave for Brisbane, I have an important meeting here in Sydney, and that's where my securities are going to escort me now.

I spent the entire afternoon driving around, meeting people here and there, waving at fans. When it was time for me to go back to the Hotel and grab my stuff, I got stopped outside at the main entrance of the Hotel, by a paparazzi.

"Michael, is it true that you got married today?" he asked, I looked at him and my eyes grew wider. How did they know? I simply shrugged my shoulders and quickly walked inside, as my securities escorted me back to my room.

*Myra's POV*

Remember when I felt like someone might have taken a photo of me and Pablo a few days ago? Yea, I was right. That photo is now all over the News. These paparazzi's just won't leave me alone.
That's why me and my mother decided, that we are going to visit some of our family members in Philippines. We are leaving in a few days. It's time for me to breathe new air.
I haven't been to the Philippines since I was a little kid, I can't wait to go back there.

Me, my mother and my aunt Graciela were now sitting at the dining table, enjoying our meal, while the TV talked in the background. I almost choked on my food when I heard something ... it was the News Channel.

"Breaking News: it seems like Michael Jackson has gotten married to Debbie Rowe in a Hotel in Sydney Australia today. One of the paparazzi's asked him if it's true, and Jackson seemed kinda surprised by that question, almost like he didn't expect us to know that information. At the end, they sent us a photo, and officially confirmed the rumour: they are indeed married!" the lady said and showed a photo of them.

I slowly turned around to look at the TV, and there it was... that photo...
So it's true? They got married?

I felt like I was about to pass out, I couldn't breathe properly. A big lump started to form in my throat. I immediately stood up and ran into the bathroom, I locked the door and bend over the toilet... yes, I threw up.
Right after, I sat down on the floor and started crying and sobbing.

How could he? Right when I thought that I couldn't get more hurt than I already was, something else happens.
Why do I still care? Why can't I stop loving him? He's destroying me. I can't do this anymore.

"Myra? Mi amor? Are you okay?" my aunt asked after knocking a few times. I wiped away my tears and opened the door,
"I'm okay..." I whispered almost out of breath, not looking at her. I then walked closer to the sink and washed my face with iced cold water.
"My child... you still love him, don't you?" she whispered while caressing my shoulder, I looked up into our reflection in the mirror.
"I can't stop, tía... I tried, I really did... but-" I said, but couldn't finish since I started sobbing again.

I immediately turned around and my aunt quickly embraced me in a sweet comforting hug.

"Lo se, mi niña, lo se... it will get better, trust me." she whispered. "You need to get over him, it's not healthy, can't you see?" she then said. And she's right... this is not healthy.