Chapter 27

November 5th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

Today I'm going to meet with Javon, and I will break up with him. It's about time that I do it, I was getting sick and tired of this fake relationship.
I thought it would've helped me to get over Michael, but of course it didn't work. And to be honest, Javon is a pain in the ass sometimes.. he even got caught kissing with another girl at the Party, I mean, what kind of an asshole is he? I need to get rid of him, and the sooner I'll do it the better it is for me.

Soon I heard the door bell ringing. I immediately walked over to it and opened it. Javon smiled brightly at me and tried to lean in to kiss me, but I've put my hand in front of my lips instead.

"Hi, Javon. Come inside." I said in a serious tone, I was still pissed because of the mess that happened at the Halloween Party, and that Lisa exposed me.
"Uhh, someone's in a bad mood today." he teased while stepping inside. I closed the door and walked him over to the couch, where we both took a seat. We were alone, Tala wasn't at home, so we had some privacy to talk about our problems.
"Javon, we need to talk..." I started while releasing a sigh,
"This sounds serious..." he said while looking at me,
"It is." I confessed, "the truth is we don't work." I added, he now had a confused look on his face.
"What do you mean 'we don't work' ?" he asked.
"It means what I just said. We don't work. I think you are not the right one for me and I am not the right one for you either. And by the way, I know that you were kissing some other girl at the party, and that confirms my theory that you're an asshole, and I don't need people like you in my life." I said confidently. He now has a look on his face that I've never seen before, and to be honest ... it was quite scaring me.
"You're fucking kidding me, right?" he hissed,
"Do I look like I'm joking?" I said and released a sarcastic giggle, "listen, I don't want to fight... you're a very kind man, and I liked to hang around with you... but we just don't work..." I added, getting up ready to walk him to the door, but he was still sitting on the couch and he stopped me by grabbing my wrist, squeezing it. I looked at him with an angry look.
"Javon... let go." I said firmly, he stood up and looked deep into my eyes, our faces only one inch away.
"You, Myra Diaz, are a little slut." he said. My breath was now heavy, my chest was moving up and down fast because of how angry I am. My mexican temper is about to take advantage over me.
"What did you just call me?" I whispered in a serious tone, he giggled.
"A slut. Wanna know why? You really think I'm stupid? I know that you've been crushing over my boss..." he said getting closer to me with his face, squeezing my wrist stronger.
"God... you're not only an asshole, but also a schizophrenic?" I said and released a sarcastic giggle. That's when I felt something burning on my cheek, and my face now turned to the side... he slapped me.

I looked back at him, and pushed him back.

"Don't you dare touch me again, hijo de puta! (som a b!tch)" I hissed, "you are nobody to me. You have no right to touch me. And now leave before I call the police." I said firmly. He started laughing. "What the fuck are you laughing about? Do I look like I'm joking?" I said almost yelling.

That's when I heard knocking on the door. Right when I was about to turn around and walk towards the door, he grabbed my arm and held me tight.
He then pulled me with him as he walked to the door and opened it. He started laughing when he noticed that it was Michael.

*Michael's POV*

I was now waiting outside Myra's apartment, I wanted to check on her and see how she was doing...
But as soon as the door opened I noticed how Javon was holding her arm, her body clenched to his. He looked angry, while she looked terrified. Soon enough he started laughing.

"This is funny, isn't it? Come on in, boss, we were talking about you just a minute ago." he said, I looked back at Myra and she shook her head no.
"Javon... what is going on here?" I whispered, while worry started taking advantage over me. I signed Bill to get out of the car and come over here for more support.
"Oh nothing, we were just having a little chat about how this bitch was breaking up on me and won't admit that she has been crushing on you. Wanna join?" he replied and released another giggle. I gulped.
"Okay, how about you let her go and we have a normal conversation?" I asked gently, not wanting him to hurt her.
"Sir, you really think I could hurt this bitch with such an angelic face?" he teased, I looked back at her and that's when I noticed that her left cheek was red. I immediately balled my hands in two fists.
"I see you've already done it... let her go, so that we can have a talk." I said looking back at him,
"What if I don't want to?" he replied and smirked, tightening the grip on her arm.
"Then we'll be forced to call the police!" Bill said while pointing his gun at him. He was now laughing hysterically.
"Oh really? Bill , come on man, it's me dude." he said.

I looked at Myra and signed her to punch him in the stomach with her elbow, so that Bill could come inside and get Javon. She immediately understood the assignment, and did as I said.
Javon was now bended over and Bill quickly rushed over to him, holding him tight, while I rushed to Myra and hugged her.

"Are you okay?" I whispered in a worried tone, her entire body was now shaking. She simply nodded. "I'm here... don't worry. I'm not going to leave you." I said and hugged her tight, placing a kiss on her head.

Soon the police arrived, and they immediately ran inside, grabbing Javon and escorting him outside into their car. I looked over at Bill and signed him to get out, which he did.

I then walked Myra over to the couch, still hugging each other.

"What was that? Why was he being so abusive on you?" I asked,
"I was breaking up with him, and... well, the situation kind of escalated." she whispered in a shaky voice. Anger was now boiling inside of me, at the thought that he has hurt her physically.
"But hey, that punch with the elbow was amazing. It almost killed him." I joked, hoping to cheer her up a bit, and ideed she chuckled before looking up at me. "There it is... that smile, that laugh... I missed it." I then whispered, smiling from ear to ear.

That's when something crossed my mind... Javon was the second one to say that Myra loved me. I was starting to think that there may be some truth hidden behind this entire situation.

Our faces slowly leaned closer, now only imches away. I started glazing at her face structure. I've just noticed how pretty she actually is...
She then closed her eyes, and right when we were about to kiss, the door opened and Tala stepped inside, making us both step away quickly.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry, I didn't...-" she started,
"Don't worry, you didn't interrupt anything." I said smiling widely.