Chapter 12

February 11th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

It has almost been an entire week since my dinner at the Ranch, with Michael and Lisa. I haven't seen or heard him since then... he did try to call me, but I didn't answer.
After that argument that we had, I don't feel like talking to him.

I confessed that I was mad and hurt... and I don't want him to find out that what leads to that, is my feelings for him.
Tala has been next to me this entire time, since I came back home that night. I confessed to her my feelings for Michael, and she tried to comfort me ever since, but nothing seemed to help.

I don't want to lose him, I don't want to lose my best friend... so what am I supposed to do? Act like nothing happened, hide my feelings and play this game with him? Like nothing matters?
There's a quote that says, that if you play with fire you might get burned...
But I have to admit, that it is worth it getting burned for him. So yes, I guess I'll just act and play, and hide my feelings for him hoping that one day they'll just disappear.

He's my best friend after all, if he's happy so am I.

Suddenly I heard knocking on the main door, Tala wasn't home since she left about 10 minutes ago to go grocery shopping ... maybe she forgot the keys?
I got up and walked closer opening the door. That's when I noticed him... Michael.

"N-Michael? What are you doing here?" I asked surprised,
"Can I come in, please?" he asked gently, I then stepped back so that he could come in, and he did.

I closed the door and walked back to the sofa, sitting down, while bringing my knees to my chest and holding them with my arms. He slowly walked closer and sat down next to me.

"Can we talk?" he asked almost whispering, I simply nodded. "I'm sorry, Myra... I really am. I miss you... I miss playing water balloon fights with you, tickling you and hearing your laughter, watching films with you, or just simply talk about life. I miss you, maganda. I miss my best friend. I'm sorry for hurting you..." he said, I could feel a lump starting to form in my throat. I then looked over to him, and his chocolate brown eyes were now filled with tears.
"I miss you too, applehead..." I whispered, while tears started rolling down on each other's faces. He then embraced me in a sweet hug, holding me tight to him.
"So I'm forgiven?" he asked into the crook of my neck,
"I already did a week ago, no te acuerdes? ('don't you remember' in spanish)" I replied, we stepped back and we both giggled,
"Right..." he said. Dios mío, extrañé su sonrisa. (God, I missed his smile)
"Do you really love her?" I then asked.. his smile slowly disappeared.
"Yes..." he replied after a few seconds of silence, I nodded.
"If she makes you happy, then I am happy for the two of you. I'll be here whenever you need me. Always." I said, flashing him one of my best fake smiles. He smiled brightly at me.
"Thank you, Myra. It means a lot to me." he replied,
"Anything for you..." I whispered.

*Michael's POV*

We then started talking and chatting about me and Lisa as well as other stuff that didn't matter to anyone but us.
After over an hour of talking, Tala came back from grocery shopping.

"Oh, I see you two made up?" she asked surprised, while placing down the bags. I smiled widely.
"We did." I replied,
"Thank god. I couldn't bear to see her crying anymore." she then whined before walking into the kitchen, that's when I felt a tightening feeling in my chest and looked back at Myra who was now blushing hardly.
"You cried ?" I asked,
"Well... yea..." she confessed in a whisper, I immediately embraced her in another hug. "You mean the world to me, Michael..." she then whispered once again, making me smile widely.
"You mean the world to me too, maganda." I whispered back, "wanna watch a film together, in honour of the good old times?" I asked, she stepped back and smiled widely.
"Sure. Which one?" she asked.

In the end we decided to watch Alice in Wonderland, since it's her favourite.
We even had dinner and some snacks. I missed spending quality time with her... I always felt safe around her. I felt like at home.
I don't know how she does that... but it's amazing. I never want to lose what we have.

At some point, she fell asleep, like usual.
I decided to gently pick her up, and walked into her bedroom, placing her down on her mattress. She then mumbled something...

"Mhh.. Michael? Stay..." she said, I giggled.
"You want me to stay?" I whispered,
"Mhm..." she mumbled again.
"Alright..." I whispered again.

I quickly walked out of her room, and looked over at Tala.

"Is it okay if I stay for the night?" I asked, she smiled brightly.
"Sure..." she replied, I smiled and nodded, before walking over to the main door, telling my securities that I'm spending the night here.

Once I've done that, I said my goodnight to Tala and walked back into Myra's room.
I slowly layed down next to her, after taking off my shoes, and she immediately cuddled up upon my chest.
I looked down at her and smiled like an idiot...

Soon, I also fell in a deep slumber.