Chapter 66

September 16th, 1997
*Michael's POV*

I arrived in Los Angeles in the morning, and my securities immediately escorted me to the Hospital where Myra was staying.
Once I made my way inside, I asked for Diaz and the nurse was so kind to give me the directions.

I followed her direction and soon I arrived in the corridor, where Tala was sitting in a chair and sleeping. I slowly walked closer and gently tapped on her shoulder.

"Michael! You're here!" she gasped and stood up, embracing me in a friendly hug.
"How is she doing?" I asked worried as we stepped back, she sighed.
"Not good... her muscles literally broke down, the function of her organs started to stop working like they should... she was literally killing herself, Michael. She was this close to death... thank god I rushed her to the hospital, the Doctors are now giving her medicines through the IV..." she explained to me whispering, and burst out in tears, sobbing. I immediately embraced her in another hug, while guilt took advantage over me. She was killing herself because of me...
"This is all my fault..." I whispered in a cracked voice, Tala then stepped back and looked at me with a furious look.
"It's not... well, theoretically it's both's fault. You two need to talk." she said while wiping away her tears. I sighed and nodded.
"I'll go check on her..." I whispered and started walking inside her room.

She was laying on a stretcher, medicine flowing into her vein through the IV, cables attached to her. She was peacefully sleeping...
Once I stepped closer, tears started running down my cheeks. She looks pale, has really dark under-eye bags, her lips white, dry and cracked. I then gently grabbed her hand.

"Myra.. I'm so so sorry.. for everything." I whispered in between the sobs, while taking a seat on the chair next to the bed. "I promise you, from now on, nothing and no one will ever come in between us again." I whispered again, while looking at her. Suddenly, a machine where you could hear her heartbeat started making sounds, that's when I noticed that she slowly started to open her eyes, waking up. She gulped and started looking around, until her eyes landed on me. Her heartbeat now started beating faster.
"A-am I d-dead?" she mumbled in a raspy voice,
"No, thank God you're not." I whispered and gently caressed her cheek,
"T-than this is... a dream?" she whispered again, in a weak tone. I smiled slightly.
"No... this is not a dream. You're in a hospital, and I am here with you. I came as soon as possible." I whispered softly,
"Y-you shouldn't be here..." she whispered and tried to pull her hand out of my grip.
"Why not?" I asked, testing her. She sighed.
"Leave, Michael." she whined,
"I'm not leaving you, Myra. Not again... never ever again." I said,
"You have to go Michael... I'm being serious." she said while starring into my eyes. I grinned and shook my head.
"You didn't hear me... I'm here to stay." I repeated,
"But, Lisa..." she started, but immediately stopped.
"Lisa will never be a problem again. Nor will Debbie. I'm done with both of them." I said while releasing a sigh, sitting back on the chair next to her. She now looked confused.
"Pardon? What do you mean?" she asked,
"You heard me. I'm done with both of them. I had a fight with Debbie, and found out that she and Lisa made up a plan, to get Debbie to carry my children, they wanted to pull you away from me... but since you didn't, Lisa came to you and blackmailed you. It was all a plan, Myra... like I told you at the beginning, I've been manipulated. Me and you, are meant to be together." I whispered softly, and reached out to her hand again.

*Myra's POV*

I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of his mouth, nor could I believe that he was really here right now. What's with his Tour? Did he drop everything to come and see me in a hospital stretcher?
Besides all that, I was feeling extremely weak and in pain... my entire body was aching.

"Y-you're lying ..." I finally said after a few seconds of silence, while tears started to form in my eyes. He brightly smiled and shook his head 'no', while caressing the back of my hand with his thumb. I gulped. "That bitch... I should've killed her when I could." I scoffed, while tears started running down my cheeks.

I then tried to move in a more comfortable position, but I immediately started feeling more pain, forcing me to release a loud groan. Michael quickly snapped, trying to help me out.

"Myra, don't move, relax." he softly whispered,
"Everything is hurting!" I whined in between the sobs,
"Hold on, I'll call the doctor." he said and quickly left my room. After a few minutes he came back with the Doctor, and he started visiting me.
"Mrs. Diaz, where do you feel pain?" the Doctor asked me,
"Everywhere. In my chest, in my stomach, in my entire body." I confessed,
"Can you remember what happened? Do you know why you're here?" he asked me again,
"I can only remember that..." I started and looked at Michael, I could tell from the look on his face that he was worried. "that I haven't been eating and sleeping in... what? 2 weeks? I then tried to get up from bed to go to the toilet, and all of a sudden everything went black." I said.
"Exactly... your body hasn't become the food, the vitamins and everything it needed. Your inner organs started to stop working the way they should, that's why you collapsed, and that's why you're in pain right now. We are giving you medicines through the IV, it's to get some relief from the pain and also to give you some strength. You need to rest and to eat." the Doctor explained to me. I sighed and nodded.
"Okay... thank you..." I replied, the Doctor then nodded and left.

Michael again walked closer to me, and grabbed my hand.

"I'm here now..." he whispered softly,
"W-what about your Tour?" I asked,
"My next Show is no sooner than October 4th, I have time, and I am willing on staying here with you until then. You need me." he replied,
"What are your plans now with Debbie?" I asked,
"We'll talk about this when you feel better... how about you get some rest now, and stop worrying?" he said, I nodded.

He then layed next to me on the stretcher, and cuddled with me until I fell asleep. After a very long time, I felt safe again. Safe in his warm embrace, cradled by his warmth and love, and his fragrance. It felt like home. My home...