Chapter 8

This is an opportunity, to maybe get access to medicine.

While cooking, Zheng Quan looked back at Yan Shuixin, pointed to the open space next to the stove, "Just put the firewood here."

"Yes." Yan Shuixin nodded, and walked slowly over with firewood in her arms.

Taking advantage of Zheng Quan's inattention, she changed to holding the firewood with one hand, freed one hand, took out the leaves covered with rat feces hidden in her sleeve pocket, and wiped it on the armrest of of the chief's chair a few times.

Sun Cheng will most likely touch the handrails. A person who is allergic to wild fruits is more likely to be allergic to the handrails that have been smeared with mouse poop.

Without bringing attention to herself, she put a handful of firewood on the side of the stove.

"Add firewood." Zheng Quan ordered.

She did as she was told, and threw the leaf that had been stained with rat feces, together with the firewood, into the stove without anyone noticing.

"Old Zhao is sick, I have to do all the chores, I'm so exhausted!" Zheng Quan finished cooking and put a pot of vegetables into a wooden barrel.

Several barrels of vegetables and cooked rice have been placed on the ground, "You, go and deliver food to the prisoners."

Yan Shuixin felt that this was a good job, so she quickly agreed.

Holding a bucket of rice and vegetables in one hand, she walked towards the prison.

A dozen jailers followed the leading middle-aged man towards the kitchen.

The leader, a bearded man with a long knife on his waist, who's dressed differently from other guards, with more complicated patterns and a different color of gown. This man is obviously the prison leader, Sun Cheng.

Yan Shuixin brushed past this group of people, and quickly lowered her head respectfully.

Sun Cheng stopped in his tracks, and cast a cold glance at Yan Shuixin who was wearing a prisoner clothing, "Why did Yan Shuixin, the female prisoner, come out?"

Just as she was about to speak, Li Dian, the jailer next to him, quickly said, "Boss, Zhao is sick. She is timid and cowardly, but her hands and feet are very diligent. The younger one asked her to do rough work for Zhao."

Sun Chengli rolled his eyes around Yan Shuixin's face, saw the other party's eyes looking at him, and said in a deep voice, "Just don't make any trouble."

Yan Shuixin hurriedly said, "Master, the young one will not cause trouble."

Sun Cheng didn't say anything, and led a group of jailers to the direction of the kitchen.

Yan Shuixin carried two buckets of food and walked across a large open space, entered the prison, and walked around the corner of the duty room.

After seeing no one around, she picked up the big spoon with which she scooped up the food, and immediately began to gobble it up.

She shared her meals with Xiao Yeheng, and there were only two meals a day, so she couldn't get enough to eat at all, and she was starving to death!

Today's meal is still green vegetables and thick yellow rice.

She is satisfied when she felt her stomach bulge.

It took two minutes to fill her stomach before she wiped the corners of her mouth and continued to carry the bucket to fetch meals for the prisoners.

"Ugly woman, why are you bringing food today?" The prisoner in the first cell, brother Sheng, saw her carrying a wooden barrel close to the iron railing, and wanted to grab her again.