Chapter 62

Yan Shuixin sensed an observing gaze and turned to face him.

Li Youzhu stared at the girl who had not yet left the boudoir. A girl who was snatched away was not considered married, so he immediately turned red and said, "Miss Huang, your face is very dirty. I will get a basin of water to wash it for you..." 

"Oh, there's no need." She said, "I won't bother Brother Li." It was very clear that in ancient times, only people who were very close could assist an unmarried woman in washing her face.

Li Youzhu also understood this, "Okay then."

Xiao Yeheng stood by the window of the wing room near the kitchen. The room was less than ten meters from the kitchen door. He heard what the two people were talking about, and he didn't like Li Youzhu's enthusiasm.

In the kitchen, there is a table and two chairs, most likely for the Li family's mother and son.

The dishes were served, which consisted of a platter of stir-fried rabbit meat, stir-fried green corn kernels, stir-fried cucumbers with green onions, and a bowl of green vegetables.

Yan Shuixin recognized this food without having to ask. It was considered a good meal in ancient rural areas.

Moreover, she hadn't eaten in a long time. She only ate wild fruits and raw mushrooms these days, and she was starving for food.

The one raw corn and four cucumbers she ate at noon have already been digested.

At this moment, she was starving to death.

The owner of the house didn't start, so she couldn't eat first.

"Miss Huang, you eat first." Li Youzhu said, grabbing a large bowl from the kitchen cabinet on the wall, first filling it with rice and then picking up the dishes on the table with two chopsticks, "I'll bring food to my mother."

"Okay." Yan Shuixin did not hesitate. Seeing that there were many old bowls in the cupboard, she took two bowls to serve rice. One bowl was filled with a large bowl of rice, which was compacted and weighted the same as two regular rice bowls. She also put one chopstick on each plate.

The other bowl, which has regular-sized portions of rice, is put on the table first.

When Li Youzhu entered his mother's room with the bowl, she instantly picked up the bowl of food, took a pair of chopsticks, walked out of the kitchen, and slipped into the room where Xiao Yeheng was.

She placed the rice bowl and chopsticks in the hands of Xiao Yeheng and motioned for him to eat. She went out again, closed the door behind her, and entered the kitchen.

When Li Youzhu came back, he saw that there were fewer dishes on each plate, and Huang Yueniang was sitting at the table, eating with chopsticks.

Her mouth was bulging with food, and she appeared to be devouring it like a hungry wolf.

Li Youzhu's rice was also placed on the table, "Miss Huang, eat slowly, don't choke, there's enough to eat."

She nodded, pretending to eat quickly, and then slowed down to normal speed.

Li Youzhu took a piece of bacon with chopsticks, chewed it, and immediately praised it, "It's so delicious, Miss Huang, your cooking skills are on par, if not better, than those chefs in Duanji City. I once had dinner at a restaurant, and the food there was not as delicious as your cooking."

Her expression was neutral, and she said, "It's okay." She wouldn't say something like, "As long as you like it, that's fine." This is what she would have told Xiao Yeheng.