Chapter 80

Xiao Jing saw the medicine paste that Yan Shuixin had concocted and immediately walked excitedly into the research room, asking, "Miss Yan, is this the antidote?"

"I was just trying to make it, so it might not work," she said, scooping a spoonful of the medicine paste from the mortar with a semi-circular spoon and saying, "One person should take this dosage."

Upon hearing this, Xiao Jing took the spoon from her hand and was about to eat it.

Yan Shuixin quickly spoke up, "Your Majesty, please wait!"

"What is it?"

"Your Majesty's health is of utmost importance. The effectiveness of this medicine is still unknown. It would be better to have two poisoned ministers come and try the medicine. Once the poison is neutralized, then you can take it."

Xiao Jing thought it made sense, but he couldn't restrain his desire for an antidote just now. He nodded and said, "Then let's summon Zuo Chuan, Liu Yu, and Qin Lang to King An's mansion." Tell them I have arranged for a physician to take care of them at all times, and their families are not allowed to follow."

"Yes," the guards outside responded, and they went to carry out the orders.

Yan Shuixin thought the Emperor was quite clever, knowing that he couldn't expose that he was using people as guinea pigs to avoid opposition from their families. This approach was not bad.

More than an hour later, the three poisoned courtiers were brought to three chairs next to the research room. Their hands were bound with their wrists facing upwards on the chair armrests to prevent sudden frenzies.

The guards fed the three men the antidote, while Emperor Xiao Jing, Yan Shuixin, and the seemingly unconscious Xiao Yeheng watched from the side.

After eating the medicine, the three men remained motionless, sitting there with blank expressions.

Yan Shuixin went over to examine them, looking, smelling, and checking their pulses, but couldn't figure out what was going on. "Open their mouths," she instructed.

Several guards respectfully complied.

She noticed that all three men's tongues were showing a purplish color, and the final result was that the antidote had no effect.

Xiao Jing comforted her: "Miss Yan, don't be discouraged. Try again; maybe it will work."

In fact, he himself wasn't sure.

Not knowing what had happened, Xiao Yeheng sensed Yan Shuixin's unhappiness from her low spirits and wrapped his arms around her.

"King An seems to be in better condition than the other ministers, with him being slightly conscious," Xiao Jing commented.

"That's because you all only took the antidote once, while he has been taking it every three days. Perhaps..." an idea flashed in her mind, "I need to start from the aspect of neutralizing the poison."

After that, she delved into the research room for three days and nights, constantly grinding medicines, preparing them, and analyzing the prescription.

Even eating and drinking were done in extreme haste. Because of her pregnancy, she barely managed to get eight hours of sleep at night.

Whenever possible, she would lie down to read instead of sitting.

And when she could sit to prepare medicine, she avoided standing.

On the fourth day, Yan Shuixin personally brewed three bowls of medicine and served them to the three ministers.

Emperor Xiao Jing had almost become Yan Shuixin's shadow, just like Xiao Yeheng, sticking close to her.