Chapter 46

Seeing the wounds on her knees, almost everyone believed Xia Chuxue's words, and cursed out Zhao Bing for a moment, even in death he wouldn't let anyone live in peace.

Wang Mo disagreed and said, "Doctor Yan, you have always been a magnanimous person, so you shouldn't avenge your personal grievances like this."

Yan Shuixin, however, felt that Xia Chuxue was not so simple. "Xiao Yeheng didn't even glance at Xia Chuxue. How can I be after revenge? Don't be fooled by her appearance."

"Xin'er, whether they believe it or not, let's go." Xiao Yeheng took her hand and walked out of the kitchen door.

Xia Chuxue looked at the two of them leaving with a sigh of relief, and said pitifully, "Finally, I don't have to be targeted by Doctor Yan. I was scared to death." She cast an ambiguous look at Wang Mo charmingly, "Brother Wang, thank you so much. If it wasn't for you, Xueer would have been wronged today. If Xueer hadn't gotten sick... I would have repaid you with my body."

"You can't, but I can." Wan Niang put on a beautiful smile on her face, and stepped forward to hold Wang Mo's arm, "Brother Wang hasn't been close to a woman for a long time, right? Why are you guarding yourself for that Yan Shuixin? She doesn't even appreciate it. Wan Niang is the one who can make you happy, let's go to my room to 'talk'..."

"It makes sense." Wang Mo nodded and said, "However, if it wasn't for me guarding my body for doctor Yan for a while," he glanced over at Xia Chuxue and continued, "I might have contracted a dirty disease from her."

Xia Chuxue stared at the lowly couple with an ugly expression as they left the kitchen, and entered Wan Niang's wing.

An embarrassing noises soon came from the next door.

Awang was about to leave, but Xia Chuxue held him back, "Brother Awang, let's cultivate a relationship too..."

"It's best if we don't. I'm afraid of getting sick." Awang withdrew his hand and followed Bai Jinchuan timidly.

Xia Chuxue stood alone in the kitchen, a sinister smile appeared on her originally beautiful face.

...

Yan Shuixin and Xiao Yeheng walked side by side towards the infirmary. Under the moonlight, two long shadows formed on the ground.

The evening breeze is blowing gently, and the moon is as bright.

The silence of the night couldn't hide the worry in Yan Shuixin's heart, "My lord, tell me, is Xia Chuxue the one who set the fire?"

"The evidence indicates that it's not her, but..." Xiao Yeheng narrowed his eyes slightly and said, "You cannot judge a person by their appearance. If it's really Xia Chuxue behind this, then she has a really deep scheming mind."

"Xia Chuxue doesn't know martial arts..."

"Not necessarily." Xiao Yeheng said thoughtfully, "In martial arts, there's an internal mental skill that can make the inner strength retrograde, and those who practice this skill can hide their martial arts. Even if you feel their pulse, you will not notice it."

"If Xia Chuxue knows martial arts, then she must be the one who started the fire." Yan Shuixin was certain, "Before Zhao Bing died, If he wanted to assassinate you, he wouldn't bother to go through the complicated process of three funnels to leak sand. Instead, he would put all his attention on how to take your life. When we were at the infirmary, only Xia Chuxue and Zhao Bing came late, so only these two had the opportunity to take advantage of everyone's absence to set up this plan. Xia Chuxue blamed Zhao Bing for the arson, which was completely unfounded. The injury on her knee might have been caused by her in advance to prevent loopholes in her alibi. Even her own food was deliberately burned, to remove any suspicion."