Chapter 17

Yan Shuixin saw that he took the initiative to speak, and asked with a smile, "Is husband caring about me?"

His face was cold, and he said in a neither salty nor light way, "Don't flatter yourself."

Seeing the alienation in his eyes, Yan Shuixin stood up, walked to the edge of the bed and sat down, staring at his half-disabled face, she suddenly said sadly, "Do you think I'm cheap?"

"I never said that, so don't belittle yourself."

"Really?" She didn't forget the cold look in his eyes when he heard her call Wang Mo as Brother Wang before, and said leisurely, "Xiao Yeheng, do you know? I come from a good background, no matter what, I haven't done so much rough work in in my life, and never would I carefully try to please anyone. Even if I'm in prison, I'll rather just eat in the cell and wait to die. But..."

When the conversation turned, she stared at him more affectionately, "I don't want to watch you die, I have to try to make you recover slowly. So, I tried my best to survive in this death row. I even started calling Zheng Quan, the handyman, as Brother Zheng. I just wanted to avoid suffering. I don't have any feelings for them. I even hope that they all die. They are all villains. Which female inmate in the prison is not their plaything? Only I am not. I don't want to be beaten, but else can I do except pretend to be humble? If I can get a opportunity someday, I will punish them one by one. So, I don't want you to misunderstand me in a difficult situation where you could lose your life at any time."

A ray of deep pain flashed in Xiao Yeheng's single eye, and he murmured hoarsely, "I'm sorry!"

As smart as he is, how could he not know that in order to find a way to get water for him to wipe his body, she took the initiative to do the handyman cleaning. In order to get him something to eat, she would take the initiative to help in the kitchen. In order to get the blade to cut off his rotten flesh and get him medicine for wounds, she risked everything.

In fact, even he admires that she can do so much.

He was just jealous for a while, and didn't want her to be close to other men.

Jealous...

He looked back at her little face full of acne, didn't she say that he was her husband?

He also... treats her as his wife.

"Don't apologize." She sighed and shook her head, "As long as you understand, this is just a temporary measure. Don't let others know that we sleep together because..."

Not wanting to hide it from him, she said frankly, "Sun Cheng, the prison chief, made it clear that he wanted to sleep with me, and Wang Mo seemed to have some interest in me. No man here is clean, and I don't know how many men covet me."
(is she bragging 👀?)

Laughing at herself, "Although I am ugly, I am still a young woman."

Xiao Yeheng clenched his fists tightly and furrowed his thick eyebrows, "I can't protect you." But he would never allow anyone to insult his woman!

She patted him on the shoulder indifferently, "It's okay."

"So, I can only kill you." A murderous look suddenly gathered in his eyes, he raised his hand to grab her neck, and said solemnly, "It's better for you to die than to be bullied, humiliated, and commit suicide."

As a modern person, her virginity is not as important as that of ancient women. Even if she is humiliated, she may not necessarily commit suicide.

How can this man suddenly turn hostile!

Yan Shuixin's neck was strangled until she couldn't breathe, "I don't want to die..."