Chapter 67

Thinking of being unable to have sex after being poisoned, Xiao Yeheng also felt extremely uncomfortable. "After returning to Beijing, I will recruit famous doctors from all over the world to see if they can cure this Qihuan Powder." He stared at her with a burning gaze, "When the time comes, This king will be able to go through the clouds and rains with Xin'er again."

"That's not it." Yan Shuixin put the medicine pestle back on the table, stood up and sat on his lap, resting her head lightly on his thick shoulder, "As long as I can be with the prince, even if I don't have sex, my heart will be happy."

Xiao Yeheng suddenly realized the seriousness of the problem, "Xin'er, then tell me what's going on?"

Yan Shuixin didn't want to hide it from him, but she really couldn't muster up the courage to tell him that he could no longer be a father, so she change the subject, "Your Highness, twenty taels of silver is far from enough for the medicine I bought. You must have noticed that."

"One plant of Seven Star Grass costs one hundred and fifty taels. Including other medicines, although I don't know the price of the medicine, at least it should be more than ten taels."

She took out several silver notes and ingots of gold and silver from her sleeve pocket and placed them on the table, as well as three strings of copper coins.

Xiao Yeheng glanced in surprise. The total amount was three hundred and thirty-four taels, and there were three hundred more copper coins than what they had before. "Xin'er, where did you get so much money?"

She said with a deliberately depressed face, "I stole it. My lord understands justice very well, shouldn't you catch me and put me in jail?"

He hugged her soft and boneless body, "Little fool, who told you that this king understands justice?" He touched her body with his big hands, checking whether she was injured and making sure she was okay, then he said, "You did all this for me. I'm too moved, so why would I arrest you? But you, where could you steal so much? Was it dangerous?"

After several questions in a row, and the more he thought about it, the more he became afraid.

A wealthy family with so much money would definitely hire a lot of guards, which is too risky.

Yan Shuixin told him about how she got the money.

"Expect for you, no one will think to go to a brothel to steal money in broad daylight." He only said with pity, "Xin'er, don't take risks for me in the future."

She refused, "If I don't have money to buy medicine, I can only watch you suffer from severe injuries and feel powerless, while the poison in your body gets worsen. In Xin'er's eyes, nothing is more important than your safety."

Xiao Yeheng was deeply moved and said firmly, "Xin'er, I swear, I will never let you down in this life!"

"The same goes for me." She responded to him.

He can't have children, so she will definitely treat him better.

Xiao Yeheng suddenly felt a sweetness in his throat, and a mouthful of blood surged into his mouth. He knew that the poison in his body had taken effect, and his whole body suddenly became weak.

To prevent her from worrying, he closed his eyes, endured the nausea, and forcefully swallowed the blood back into his stomach.

Seeing that his face was pale, Yan Shuixin could only speed up the pounding of the medicine. After it was completely crushed, she squeezed the medicine into small pills and fed him one pill first.

She went to the kitchen to get a plate and put it back on the table in the room. The other ten pills were spread out on the plate, waiting for it to dry naturally.

Take one pill every three days for a month.

This medicine can only suppress the onset of poison, but it cannot eliminate the poison.

She just hopes that this can be contained until she returns to Beijing to research an antidote.

Xiao Yeheng took the medicine and felt much better. If it weren't for Xin'er, he might not even be able to get out of the prison alive.

The two of them were lying in bed in the middle of the night, and as soon as Yan Shuixin touched the pillow, she fell asleep.

Xiao Yeheng held her in his arms, feeling heavy in his heart.

He always felt that Xin'er's crying just now was related to his physical condition. She refused to talk about it, so he couldn't force her.

After a good sleep, the sky turned bright. Yan Shuixin was awakened by his kiss, which is beyond words.

It was really close to going off the rails.

She glared at him angrily, "Husband, what are you doing so early in the morning?"

He said calmly, "You promised me last night."

She was embarrassed for a while.

Look at the sunlight coming in through the papered windows outside. The whole room is very bright.

She has seen the three rooms in the Li family, and this one is the best in terms of light and size. It can be seen that Li Youyun holds a very important position in the hearts of the Li family. This family does not favor sons over daughters.

Yan Shuixin put on her clothes and went to stand in front of the window. Through the crack of the window, she could see smoke rising from the chimney on the roof of the kitchen. She was really hungry now.

It's about 6 o'clock in the morning.

Li Youzhu was busy going in and out of the kitchen. He was a diligent person.

(Don't ask me why the author decided to have a random short chapter 🤷‍♀️, but don't worry🤭 I'm gonna post the next chapter right away and it's 5000 words long😮‍💨)